Ipreo Analyst Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ipreo.

I applied through my career center at school for the Global Markets Intelligence Analyst and the Corporate Analytics Analyst. Received a phone call couple weeks late. It was an initial touchbase phone interview with the HR asking about my resume and how I stay up to date on my market information. I have been invited to the office to have a face to face interview with both teams I am applying for. Before the interview I am to complete a 30 minute excel online test that I received by email.

For all of you that have applied or work at Ipreo, could you inform me the difference in the positions. Both are very similar in description on the career application webpage.

Other Interview Reviews for Ipreo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ipreo in May 2013.

Be prepared to meet about 14 people during the interview process. You will likely be there for 5 hours, without food (except chips). It is not terribly comfortable. I am not sure why, but they basically try to get one or two people from each team to interview you. You are also required to take an excel test and submit a writing sample.

Interview Questions
    • What is your outlook on the stock market over the next year?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ipreo.

First had a phone interview. Followed by an interview at their headquarters in NYC. It was the equivalent of a super day. Interviewed with 7 different employees at various levels for about a half hour a piece in succession. Following this I was asked to complete a writing sample. The next day I completed an excel test.

I was told to expect to hear back in a few weeks. After more than a month and a half of bothering them and hearing no answer I was finally told no. Highly unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ipreo in July 2011.

After submitting resume through an acquaintance, had a short phone interview with HR and was asked to come in for a full interview. Interview lasted several hours and involved meeting with nearly all members of the group I was interviewing for. It was a fairly laid-back, informal, conversational interview process, mainly concerning my resume. All the questions were pretty straightforward and basic, with none aiming to trip me up. The process also involved a brief writing sample and a basic Excel test.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any terribly difficult questions. Most concerned my resume and experience and knowledge of financial field and current economic/financial news.   Answer Question
    No negotiations for Analyst program

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Ipreo in April 2010.

I applied through my college's career website (as part of a regional collegiate job fair) and was selected for a first round interview. I was allowed to conduct it via phone instead of in person, as it took place during my winter break (early January).

(on a Tuesday afternoon) Phone Interview:

-Took roughly 15-20 minutes and consisted of fairly basic questions, including:

---Tell us a bit about your internships.
    ---Describe a challenge faced during one of your internships.
    ---How often do you follow the markets? Any stories of particular interest?

After waiting for almost two months, I was emailed for a second round, in-house interview, which took place after another month (offer - late Feb, interview - late March).

(on a Wednesday morning) Second Round In-House Interview:

-Spent about 5-10 minutes filling out an employee application (personal information, references, etc.)

-I had to take an Excel skills test and complete a one page writing sample (story relating to the markets). The skills test consisted of 30 different Excel functions and my ability to complete them (without using shortcuts most of the time). It wasn't difficult, just annoying. Others were told about the test/writing sample prior to interview, but I wasn't, so I guess HR dropped the ball with me.

-I had 1-on-1 interviews with two members of one sector/team. Both interviews took no more than 10-15 minutes. The questions were 90% related to my resume and 10% about personal interests and whatnot (fit related questions). Other people apparently had interviews with multiple sectors/teams.

-I had a 1-on-1 discussion with an analyst that started the year before. This was to hear their perspective on the job/company and to answer any questions I had.

-Ended with a quick wrap-up session with the HR rep about pay, benefits, etc.

The next week, I was asked to schedule a meeting with the Managing Director of the department. This was set for two weeks after that (late April).

(on a Friday afternoon) Meeting with MD:

-Spent 10 minutes or so discussing my resume and going more in detail about what I did.

-Spent another 5 minutes talking about personal interests.

-Finished with 5 minutes about any questions I had (about the business, how to be successful at the job, etc.).

-Overall, it seemed like he just wanted to see if I could carry a conversation, speak clearly, and would be a good fit in general.

Received a call from the HR rep later that day with the offer. After pressing for some time to think about the offer, they gave me until the following Tuesday (they originally wanted a response right away).

Overall thoughts:

-not as organized as it probably should've been on the part of HR (lack of notice with the Excel test/writing sample)
    -no mention of travel reimbursement or anything along those lines
    -interviews/interviewers were friendly and fairly stress-free
    -waiting at least a month each time before getting in contact about the next step was annoying

Interview Questions
    • How often do you follow the markets? Any stories of particular interest?   Answer Question
    No negotiation process. The company seems pretty strict on start dates, pay, etc. (lack of signing bonus)

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ipreo in February 2011.

Phone Interview

1:1 with team manager and product managers
    straight forward interview about your resume.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ipreo in October 2009.

The first stage of the interview was on the phone and it was quite limited interaction but was a nice introduction to the company and the business. Good impression. The next stage was an interview in their office and it was awful. The person I spoke to wasn't very concerned about what I said as I could see he has other things in his mind and was probably already busy before I came in.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to be efficient without any training?   Answer Question

Worked for Ipreo? Contribute to the Community!