Ipreo Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.7

Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ipreo in February 2015.

Interview

Someone called me for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was called into the office to do a short interview with someone who works at the company. The in person interview was relaxed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ipreo

Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview

Interview

Brought me into the office super early for a long morning of interviews. It all started with an essay of about 300 words and then transitioned to 3-1,2-1,1-1 interviews. It was a long process and can be draining. The questions weren't very pressing, just be prepared to talk about financial markets and your experience with it.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you think the market will do in the current fiscal year   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Kept me for 4 hours very long day good interview questions. Included a writing test and a Microsoft excel test.

Interview Questions

• Asked what my stock pick was and where I thought the markets would be in a year etc.   Answer Question

Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview

Interview

There is typically a phone interview by an HR rep, then followed by an in person round. The interview will typically be conducted in a 2- or 3-on-1 fashion. Typically ask about general market knowledge, resume information, and behavioral-type question. Excel questions are sometimes asked as well. Someone will typically call in approximately a weeks time from the date of the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you sum the numbers between 1 and 500, what would the total be?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ipreo (Raleigh, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

1- Phone screening 2 - Excel test 3 - proficiency test online 4 - Interview with two current analysts 5 - Interview with two current directors 6 - Background check 7 - Will make an offer either the same day or within a week from final interview

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a coworker made a mistake?   Answer Question

Negotiation

take it or leave sort of situation, not a lot of room for negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY).

Interview

5+ Hr Interview. Met with several different analysts, a few managers, and an HR rep. Nothing all too difficult, but being in a tiny room for that long can be taxing. There was also an excel test and a writing sample.

Interview Questions

• Where will the market be a year from now, two years from now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Prepare for a long interview. Mine went from 9 AM to 3 PM so it was 6 hours long. They prefer that you just do one long interview instead of coming back for multiple rounds. You will meet with people at different levels from senior analysts (people with at least 1 or 2 years exp) to directors. They will be from different teams such as Financial Services, Tech, Healthcare etc. They will just go over basic things like who you are, your background and your idea of the company. There was also an Excel test in person during the interview as well. If you are interviewing for this position, it would be helpful to know about investor relations because they do investor relations consulting. They basically do all the work that an Investor Relations Officer or CFO doesn't have time for, such as constantly monitoring a stock's price and volume in case it goes up too high or low. FYI the pay here is pretty low for financial services; you could make the same amount of money as a cop pretty much. That's why so many of the employees here take advantage of the company's educational benefits to get a CFA; I'm sure once they get it (which takes 3 years of testing and some years of work experience), they'll hightail it to some buy side shop or something that pays more.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about investor relations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's pretty much set at 43,000. They are kind of known for their low pay so a lot of people end up leaving after a few years.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

You first phone interview with a senior analyst, in a brief conversation. From there you speak with someone from HR who invites to an in-house interview in NYC. They give you a water and a snack and bring you into a small conference room and have interviewers rotate in and out like clockwork. Its a very organized process, but it is also long. I saw 11 or 12 people that came in either by themselves, twos, or threes. The whole process took almost 7 hours. Everyone was very friendly, offered to get me lunch and apologized for the long day. You get to speak with the newest analysts to managing directors. They want to get a feel for who you are and how you work, not as much about what you know. They gave me a quick writing sample to do which took me about 20 mins and is very basic. They sent me an excel skills test to take at home which was very easy if you use excel regularly. I received an email about a background check shortly thereafter, and a request for references. About 2-2.5 weeks after the whole process I received a phone call about an offer and ample time to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think the market is going in the next 12 months?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a current analyst, followed by a seemingly unending series of interview with 1-2 people at a time for about 6 hours without food or water in a hot conference room. I then didn't hear anything for over a month before I called HR myself to see what was up.