Ipreo

2.9

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ipreo in April 2010.

I applied through my college's career website (as part of a regional collegiate job fair) and was selected for a first round interview. I was allowed to conduct it via phone instead of in person, as it took place during my winter break (early January).

(on a Tuesday afternoon) Phone Interview:

-Took roughly 15-20 minutes and consisted of fairly basic questions, including:

---Tell us a bit about your internships.
    ---Describe a challenge faced during one of your internships.
    ---How often do you follow the markets? Any stories of particular interest?

After waiting for almost two months, I was emailed for a second round, in-house interview, which took place after another month (offer - late Feb, interview - late March).

(on a Wednesday morning) Second Round In-House Interview:

-Spent about 5-10 minutes filling out an employee application (personal information, references, etc.)

-I had to take an Excel skills test and complete a one page writing sample (story relating to the markets). The skills test consisted of 30 different Excel functions and my ability to complete them (without using shortcuts most of the time). It wasn't difficult, just annoying. Others were told about the test/writing sample prior to interview, but I wasn't, so I guess HR dropped the ball with me.

-I had 1-on-1 interviews with two members of one sector/team. Both interviews took no more than 10-15 minutes. The questions were 90% related to my resume and 10% about personal interests and whatnot (fit related questions). Other people apparently had interviews with multiple sectors/teams.

-I had a 1-on-1 discussion with an analyst that started the year before. This was to hear their perspective on the job/company and to answer any questions I had.

-Ended with a quick wrap-up session with the HR rep about pay, benefits, etc.

The next week, I was asked to schedule a meeting with the Managing Director of the department. This was set for two weeks after that (late April).

(on a Friday afternoon) Meeting with MD:

-Spent 10 minutes or so discussing my resume and going more in detail about what I did.

-Spent another 5 minutes talking about personal interests.

-Finished with 5 minutes about any questions I had (about the business, how to be successful at the job, etc.).

-Overall, it seemed like he just wanted to see if I could carry a conversation, speak clearly, and would be a good fit in general.

Received a call from the HR rep later that day with the offer. After pressing for some time to think about the offer, they gave me until the following Tuesday (they originally wanted a response right away).

Overall thoughts:

-not as organized as it probably should've been on the part of HR (lack of notice with the Excel test/writing sample)
    -no mention of travel reimbursement or anything along those lines
    -interviews/interviewers were friendly and fairly stress-free
    -waiting at least a month each time before getting in contact about the next step was annoying

Interview Questions
    • How often do you follow the markets? Any stories of particular interest?   Answer Question
    No negotiation process. The company seems pretty strict on start dates, pay, etc. (lack of signing bonus)

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ipreo in January 2012.

Called for a quick introduction phone interview to schedule an in-person interview. In person interview was with 3 potential team members. Very relaxed, not many difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any unexpected questions. Most difficult would be to list off some excel functions.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ipreo in September 2008.

Sat with recruiter who passed on resume for initial interview with the company. Spoke with HR representative who desribed the job expectations and asked relevant questions. Easy to converse. Said he'd give feedback to recruiter. Saw the same job posted very recently so not sure if they were actually ready to make an offer to anyone at the time.

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ipreo in April 2013.

You apply Online or through HR, and they call you back generally. The HR sets you up with an interview with one of the hiring managers for your team. They have about a 40 minute in person interview and you hear back within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Since I was interviewing for being an Intern, there were simple Technology questions. The hardest was a simple sort algorithm of a dictionary.   Answer Question
    They offered me the job with the pay. We didnt negotiate since I am an intern

Global Technical Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ipreo in September 2013.

An Ipreo recruiter reached out to me. We followed up with a phone-screen and a few days later I had 4 interviews scheduled (2 technical, 2 management).

The people for both technical interviews were not on site - which was not planned and a bummer. So I was sitting at Ipreo talking to their employees on a phone (no video call). It wasn't the best experience and certainly not appropriate for deep technical discussions.

Bottom line, after investing a whole afternoon - not counting preparation - I never heard a word back from anybody at Ipreo. That is bad style and doesn't represent a company I'd ever want to work for.

Interview Questions
    • What is SOLID? What do the letters stand for? Elaborate.   Answer Question

Global Market Intelligence Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ipreo in March 2012.

First round was just a phone interview that lasted 20 mins.

The next round was the final one which was at the HQ office in the city. Prior to the interview, I received an online excel assessment test..it was really basic.

The final round consisted of meeting with 3 different sector groups followed up with meeting a recent hire to discuss how the program starts out. Before all the interviews started, HR made me do a 300 word essay assessment test. It wasn't bad, they just wanted to see how well you write.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ipreo in November 2011.

I was contacted by a woman at HR for a phone interview. Like most of the financial companies that I've interviewed for, they like to call you when you least expect it so make sure you're on point. I went into the NYC office for a 1:1 interview then group panel interview. I was turned off by how sloppy the interviewers looked. Granted it is a very casual atmosphere however, the HR woman was fussing with her hair, a manager's hair was still wet from the morning. They like to ask you questions about the prior phone interview (what is the position about, what do you remember about the position). Pay close attention to what they tell you about the position. After approximately 2 hours of interviewing, the HR woman came back in and asked me again what the position was.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Give me a situation where you had a problem and took leadership to fix the problem.   Answer Question

Pay was too little, really turned off by the sloppiness of the interviewers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ipreo in August 2008.

got an initial screening interview on the phone, then they set up a in-person interview. The interview lasted for around 5 hours, they were all 1 to 1 interview. Interviewed on different topics by each interviewer.

Market Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ipreo in May 2010.

First phone interview then in-house interview

Interview Questions
    • Asked about my experiences and tested my knowledge on options   Answer Question

Market Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ipreo in May 2011.

I had a brief phone interview then was scheduled to come into the NY office for an additional interview. I had a Microsoft Excel test which was pretty easy, although be careful, if you do not perform an exercise precisely you may have it end up being marked incorrect.

The group came in to interview me, one by one, and I got good vibes by everyone except one person. Some were very upfront with me, some not, but for the most part it seems like a kind of demanding work environment with the pay not being so great to start out. I wasn't offered a position but this was the impression they gave me, and told me to expect.

Interview Questions
    • What coach, past or present in sports, do you admire, or would like to play for?   View Answer
    • (as a recent graduate) What did you learn in college? How are you different? What has a business degree done for you?   Answer Question