Ipreo Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Phone screening first with mostly behavioral questions such as team issues, what motivates you, how do you fit into Ipreo, what are your expectations of the role, what does Ipreo do, firm history, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a problem with a team member, etc.   Answer Question

Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a current analyst, followed by a seemingly unending series of interview with 1-2 people at a time for about 6 hours without food or water in a hot conference room. I then didn't hear anything for over a month before I called HR myself to see what was up.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Deep technical questions on Microsoft stack of technologies .Net, C#, VC++, Asp.Net, COM, COM+, SQL Server, XSL, Application Development and Support. Phone interview then in person group interview at NY office.

Fixed Income Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and received an email within the same week from HR. The email inquired about scheduling a time for a phone screening. After a 20 minute phone screening with HR, I was asked to come in for a formal interview at their 65 Broadway location the following week.

Interview Questions

• Explain this portion of your resume...   Answer Question
    • How have you excelled in a team based activity in the past?   Answer Question
    • How would you calculate an estimate of how many windows there are in the entire New York City area?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you had an issue with a colleague and describe how you went about solving it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

4 hour interview in which I was asked about previous experience and financial markets. Not too difficult at all. Basic questions on what stocks you follow, why you follow them, what you expect them to do over the next few months, etc.

Global Technical Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

An Ipreo recruiter reached out to me. We followed up with a phone-screen and a few days later I had 4 interviews scheduled (2 technical, 2 management). The people for both technical interviews were not on site - which was not planned and a bummer. So I was sitting at Ipreo talking to their employees on a phone (no video call). It wasn't the best experience and certainly not appropriate for deep technical discussions. Bottom line, after investing a whole afternoon - not counting preparation - I never heard a word back from anybody at Ipreo. That is bad style and doesn't represent a company I'd ever want to work for.

Interview Questions

• What is SOLID? What do the letters stand for? Elaborate.   Answer Question

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

You apply Online or through HR, and they call you back generally. The HR sets you up with an interview with one of the hiring managers for your team. They have about a 40 minute in person interview and you hear back within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Since I was interviewing for being an Intern, there were simple Technology questions. The hardest was a simple sort algorithm of a dictionary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me the job with the pay. We didnt negotiate since I am an intern

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Be prepared to meet about 14 people during the interview process. You will likely be there for 5 hours, without food (except chips). It is not terribly comfortable. I am not sure why, but they basically try to get one or two people from each team to interview you. You are also required to take an excel test and submit a writing sample.

Interview Questions

• What is your outlook on the stock market over the next year?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Got a call from HR 2 online programming tests like string manipulation and a small program Technical interview

Global Markets Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY).

Interview

5+ Hr Interview. Met with several different analysts, a few managers, and an HR rep. Nothing all too difficult, but being in a tiny room for that long can be taxing. There was also an excel test and a writing sample.

Interview Questions

• Where will the market be a year from now, two years from now?   Answer Question