Ipreo Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.9

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Called for a quick introduction phone interview to schedule an in-person interview. In person interview was with 3 potential team members. Very relaxed, not many difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Not really any unexpected questions. Most difficult would be to list off some excel functions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a woman at HR for a phone interview. Like most of the financial companies that I've interviewed for, they like to call you when you least expect it so make sure you're on point. I went into the NYC office for a 1:1 interview then group panel interview. I was turned off by how sloppy the interviewers looked. Granted it is a very casual atmosphere however, the HR woman was fussing with her hair, a manager's hair was still wet from the morning. They like to ask you questions about the prior phone interview (what is the position about, what do you remember about the position). Pay close attention to what they tell you about the position. After approximately 2 hours of interviewing, the HR woman came back in and asked me again what the position was.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Give me a situation where you had a problem and took leadership to fix the problem.   Answer Question

Pay was too little, really turned off by the sloppiness of the interviewers

Data Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

I was able to get my resume noticed through a contact in the company. Received a call from HR a few days after submitting a letter and resume and talking to the contact, and the interview was set up promptly. I first spoke with an HR representative who told me that I would be meeting the three team leaders within the department, all three of which were looking to fill an analyst position within their respective team. I was interviewed by each team leader separately, each for approximately 40 minutes. All three were very young and pretty informal, which came as somewhat of a relief. The majority of each interview involved each team leader explaining the role of their specific team in terms of the rest of the departments at Ipreo, (initially somewhat confusing), but for the most part they were very helpful and did a good job answering my questions. It should be noted that all interviewers, including the HR rep, made sure to ask me several times whether I had any questions, so I would definitely read up on the structure and client groups of Ipreo and have specific questions in mind prior to starting the interview.

I was told that I would hear back by the end of the week, which became the end of the next week, and it took a few phone calls and an email on my part to finally get an answer. I was not particularly surprised, while the interviews had gone well, it became evident through my questions during the interview that the position was not really what I had anticipated or was looking for. Unfortunately, my last contact with Ipreo left a bad taste in my mouth, as they neglected to insert my name into the template letter they sent me, resulting in a letter that began with "Dear ____"

Interview Questions

• What sort of database management experience (specifically software) have you had in the past?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

1 Phone interview and then after a week i was called in for a Face to face interview. I met with 3 people. Hard core .Net questions, Lots of UML, ASP.Net, Multi threading questions. The first interviewer asked OOA design questions. Database optimization.

Interview Questions

• Web Farms, XML Serialization, Multi threading   Answer Question
    • how do you update the progress of a background thread in an asp.net web form? View state serialization , .Net Run Time.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

After submitting resume through an acquaintance, had a short phone interview with HR and was asked to come in for a full interview. Interview lasted several hours and involved meeting with nearly all members of the group I was interviewing for. It was a fairly laid-back, informal, conversational interview process, mainly concerning my resume. All the questions were pretty straightforward and basic, with none aiming to trip me up. The process also involved a brief writing sample and a basic Excel test.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any terribly difficult questions. Most concerned my resume and experience and knowledge of financial field and current economic/financial news.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations for Analyst program

Market Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview then was scheduled to come into the NY office for an additional interview. I had a Microsoft Excel test which was pretty easy, although be careful, if you do not perform an exercise precisely you may have it end up being marked incorrect.

The group came in to interview me, one by one, and I got good vibes by everyone except one person. Some were very upfront with me, some not, but for the most part it seems like a kind of demanding work environment with the pay not being so great to start out. I wasn't offered a position but this was the impression they gave me, and told me to expect.

Interview Questions

• What coach, past or present in sports, do you admire, or would like to play for?   1 Answer
    • (as a recent graduate) What did you learn in college? How are you different? What has a business degree done for you?   Answer Question

Market Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

First phone interview then in-house interview

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experiences and tested my knowledge on options   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied through my college's career website (as part of a regional collegiate job fair) and was selected for a first round interview. I was allowed to conduct it via phone instead of in person, as it took place during my winter break (early January).

(on a Tuesday afternoon) Phone Interview:

-Took roughly 15-20 minutes and consisted of fairly basic questions, including:

---Tell us a bit about your internships.
    ---Describe a challenge faced during one of your internships.
    ---How often do you follow the markets? Any stories of particular interest?

After waiting for almost two months, I was emailed for a second round, in-house interview, which took place after another month (offer - late Feb, interview - late March).

(on a Wednesday morning) Second Round In-House Interview:

-Spent about 5-10 minutes filling out an employee application (personal information, references, etc.)

-I had to take an Excel skills test and complete a one page writing sample (story relating to the markets). The skills test consisted of 30 different Excel functions and my ability to complete them (without using shortcuts most of the time). It wasn't difficult, just annoying. Others were told about the test/writing sample prior to interview, but I wasn't, so I guess HR dropped the ball with me.

-I had 1-on-1 interviews with two members of one sector/team. Both interviews took no more than 10-15 minutes. The questions were 90% related to my resume and 10% about personal interests and whatnot (fit related questions). Other people apparently had interviews with multiple sectors/teams.

-I had a 1-on-1 discussion with an analyst that started the year before. This was to hear their perspective on the job/company and to answer any questions I had.

-Ended with a quick wrap-up session with the HR rep about pay, benefits, etc.

The next week, I was asked to schedule a meeting with the Managing Director of the department. This was set for two weeks after that (late April).

(on a Friday afternoon) Meeting with MD:

-Spent 10 minutes or so discussing my resume and going more in detail about what I did.

-Spent another 5 minutes talking about personal interests.

-Finished with 5 minutes about any questions I had (about the business, how to be successful at the job, etc.).

-Overall, it seemed like he just wanted to see if I could carry a conversation, speak clearly, and would be a good fit in general.

Received a call from the HR rep later that day with the offer. After pressing for some time to think about the offer, they gave me until the following Tuesday (they originally wanted a response right away).

Overall thoughts:

-not as organized as it probably should've been on the part of HR (lack of notice with the Excel test/writing sample)
    -no mention of travel reimbursement or anything along those lines
    -interviews/interviewers were friendly and fairly stress-free
    -waiting at least a month each time before getting in contact about the next step was annoying

Interview Questions

• How often do you follow the markets? Any stories of particular interest?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation process. The company seems pretty strict on start dates, pay, etc. (lack of signing bonus)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Intially there was a technical round of telephonic interview, where is the question were related to basic C#,asp.net,SQL like difference between abstraction and interface, singleton class, session state, Joins in SQL. After clearing the telephonic interview, they called for an inperson interview. Where in they digged in detail. Like asked to write singleton class code, oops concept, virtual and override. SQL stored procedures etc.,

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ipreo (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Sat with recruiter who passed on resume for initial interview with the company. Spoke with HR representative who desribed the job expectations and asked relevant questions. Easy to converse. Said he'd give feedback to recruiter. Saw the same job posted very recently so not sure if they were actually ready to make an offer to anyone at the time.