Ipreo

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ipreo.

I applied online and received an e-mail from the recruiter a few days later. I had one brief (~10 minutes) phone interview with the recruiter a week later, and then one half hour phone interview with a VP a day or two later. I was then invited for an on-site interview in the new office in downtown Raleigh. I had two separate interview sessions: a two person interview followed by a single interview. It wasn't difficult at all.

Interview Questions
  • Very easy behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Be prepared to list your Excel skills and have good examples of what you've done with it.   Answer Question

The pay is extremely low. I should have known this going into the interview, since they start at $40k in NY, but I had my hopes up.

Other Interview Reviews for Ipreo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ipreo in November 2011.

I was contacted by a woman at HR for a phone interview. Like most of the financial companies that I've interviewed for, they like to call you when you least expect it so make sure you're on point. I went into the NYC office for a 1:1 interview then group panel interview. I was turned off by how sloppy the interviewers looked. Granted it is a very casual atmosphere however, the HR woman was fussing with her hair, a manager's hair was still wet from the morning. They like to ask you questions about the prior phone interview (what is the position about, what do you remember about the position). Pay close attention to what they tell you about the position. After approximately 2 hours of interviewing, the HR woman came back in and asked me again what the position was.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Give me a situation where you had a problem and took leadership to fix the problem.   Answer Question

Pay was too little, really turned off by the sloppiness of the interviewers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ipreo in March 2011.

I got an initial email or call (I can't remember which) from the company asking when I was free to set up a phone interview, after which I did the call in the lobby of my old job a few days later. It was a typical phone interview: an opening about myself, then a few questions about my previous experience, then more penetrating questions about my interest in the position and my potential skills at Ipreo. I knew that phones were a central part of the job, so I was as professional and enthusiastic as I could be in the lobby of my former employer.

I was invited to a secondary interview. It was at the office in Bethesda, MD, which was kind of a shady building to look at, not to mention that I went to the 6th floor and the door was locked. I went down to the second floor where I had seen a sign that said "Ipreo," and a guy came out in business casual clothes and looked confused that a guy in a suit was standing outside the door. He took me back up to the 6th floor and let me in the door.

It was getting kind of sketchy, so I relaxed because the worst thing that would happen would be I don't get to work at a creepy, hard-to-locate office. Eventually the HR people came and met me, wondering why I was so early. I took an initial personality test by just talking to the HR lady for a second, and then she gave me the Wonderlic, a popular test for employers (most popularly the NFL) to test general intelligence and problem solving. I finished about 38 problems and she cut me off, but I knew that would be sufficient because I wasn't trying to work for Goldman Sachs...

I was then courted downstairs (back to the 2nd Floor) and taken in to meet the regional research coordinator and the team leader under whom I'd be working. It was an engaging interview, and I was encouraged to ask a lot of questions. Since I couldn't ask why the office was so secluded, I simply asked about workflow and things like that. We had an enjoyable closing conversation and I left to go catch the metro back into DC.

Interview Questions
    • How are you equipped to handle a balance of intensive internet research and phone calls to investment professionals in the US and abroad?   Answer Question
    • Would you consider yourself a good communicator on the phone?   Answer Question
    I didn't really have to negotiate anything, not that they would allow for salary adjustment. The pay is pretty good and the bonuses offer incentive for hard workers.