Ipsos

www.ipsos.com
  www.ipsos.com

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ipsos in March 2010.

Ipsos contacted me after making a speculative application to their graduate scheme (which was nominally cancelled this year). To my surprise, I received an email back quite shortly, asking for an interview.

The interview had three stages. The first, a short interview with two potential colleagues, one of whom would be my line manager. then, a numeracy / language skills test, and finally, a skills test, which involved taking a body of data and creating a brief report on it.

The whole office appeared quietly industrious, although members of staff were warm.

The questions themselves didn't seem *too* tricky - I'd say my problem was simply that I'd over-emphasised my willingness to move around the company. Feedback suggested I didn't seem committed to *public opinion* research as opposed to brand research, so I shot myself in the foot by trying to appear less precious about what I'd be doing. Expect to be asked about your motivation and interests, and your happiness dealing with quantitative data when needs be.

Also, be aware that the tests are done within strict time limits. They don't appear to expect you to polish everything off, though, so it's important to illustrate the methods and thought processes you take.

Interview Questions
  • What interests you in *public opinion* research?   View Answer
  • Ipsos will implicitly ask you how much you understand about the market research process. Demonstrate your research!   Answer Question