Ipsos Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.7

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipsos (Parsippany, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Had initial phone interview with HR followed by an in-person interview with 5 people at their office that lasted around 3 hours. Very conversational and easy going, everyone I encountered was friendly. Be prepared to talk all about your interest in market research, data, and how your experiences can relate to the position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly conversational and none of those behavioral "tell me about a time when..." questions   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Interview process was done remotely (all phone based - no Skype or video conference) as I was relocating to a new city. First step was HR phone screening, followed by a group conference call. On the call I was able to speak to all team members, turned out to be a good team, but would have liked to meet them in person first and had the opportunity to see the office.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

Went through a first round phone interview and was called in for a 3 hour long interview in the office with 3 employees and 1 HR rep. Seemed very casual, talked more about the job and asked general questions rather than specific behavioral or experience based. I think they were just looking to see if you fit in well with the company.

Interview Questions

• Not really any tough questions, they talked more than I did   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ipsos (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

First a phone screening with an HR rep, then an in-person interview in the format of 2:1. Followed by phone interviews with three more people on the team. Was told there would be a fourth interview had I gotten to that point. Never heard another word after the phone interviews. Tried getting in touch with HR and the hiring manager but was ignored. Completely unprofessional, albeit not uncommon.

Dimensions User Support Interview

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. I came into the office 3 times. I felt like they really put me through the ringer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ipsos (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Was contacted through LinkedIn by an HR person. After a call with the HR person I had an in-person interview with the hiring manger.

Research Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

You will be asked to come in for a series of interviews--first with senior management and then with peers or co-workers. After the interview process you'll be asked to complete a test of varying level of difficulty. It's usually straightforward. They look for grammar and insight, so brush up on reading your quant numbers.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the challenges you've previously faced that would help you now in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple--seeing as how I was already employed in the company.

Director Interview

Interview

Very welcoming team. Smart people. depends who you meet.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

Contacted by an internal recruiter within a few days of applying. Spoke on the phone and had an easy screening interview; didn't hear back for a few weeks and then the recruiter called to schedule an interview with the team. Very informal and went well (met four people who were all very personable and made me feel comfortable). After that, didn't hear anything for almost a month, and then the recruiter contacted me to set up an interview with a VP, which was also pretty informal; I was told they would be making a decision within a week. And then radio silence. When I asked the recruiter (after another month) what happened, I was told they "really liked me" but hadn't made a decision yet and were still interviewing candidates- four months after my initial contact with them.

Interview Questions

• Actually there weren't even a lot of questions. They just told me about the position and the team/company and asked about my background and how I saw it fitting the needs of the position.   Answer Question

Client Service Interview

Interview

Very long, and drawn out