Ipsos Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.5

Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ipsos (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruitment agency and was invited for an interview with two research managers. Semi-formal interview with plenty of questions around my current job and projects I have worked on. Both interviewers were really friendly and I enjoyed the experience. I was then invited back for a second interview (told the same day) which involved analysing material given to me a few days beforehand and putting together a powerpoint to present to two associate directors, followed by another semi-formal interview with similar questions to before. Again, very friendly interviewers and I enjoyed the experience.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ipsos (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I got an email inviting me to an interview at their London Bridge office where I met two people. The interview was enjoyable and the people were very friendly. At the second interview I had two new people interviewing me. Both were also really friendly. Unfortunately I did not get a call back after the second interview. I followed up via email and got a response saying that they would get back to me. This has been over a month ago and I am yet to hear a response which is disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time something went wrong at work and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer - Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ipsos (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Had a single screening call from an internal recruiter, followed by a 4 hour long interview in one of the London offices. The whole process took 2-3 weeks. The interview consisted of a single face-to-face with two interviewers (one senior Operations staff, one HR) which was fairly straightforward and nothing challenging. The interviewers were not tough, they didn't ask anything unusual and the HR person was able to facilitate a good rapport.

Interview Questions

• There were several group tasks to test teamwork, leadership and problem solving including an interesting problem around sharing information.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ipsos (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Standard 2 interviews - first one with the line manager and the head of the department, second with a peer and another director within the Health Observer team. I am at present assuming I didn't get the position, as I had my second interview one month ago - and according to a few recruitment agencies I am part of, they are still accepting new applications. They haven't, however, been in touch at all.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions around experience and what I could bring to the position - nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ipsos (London, England (UK)) in October 2011.

Interview

A recruitment agency put me in touch with the HR manager. I had a phone interview with the HR person first, then 2 weeks later I got an interview with two people of the team. It took about two months for the next interview with the manager and I got an offer a few weeks after that. It is a big company and quite bureaucratic. Because I was applying to a new position that did not exist before, the approval time was quite considerate. In the marketing research department, the environment is great, people are friendly and very professional in their work. Lots of opportunities for training. The other research business units are a bit more tight.

Interview Questions

• How would you engage stakeholders on the client side who are not familiar with online communities?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter negotiated for me.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ipsos (London, England (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

Ipsos contacted me after making a speculative application to their graduate scheme (which was nominally cancelled this year). To my surprise, I received an email back quite shortly, asking for an interview. The interview had three stages. The first, a short interview with two potential colleagues, one of whom would be my line manager. then, a numeracy / language skills test, and finally, a skills test, which involved taking a body of data and creating a brief report on it. The whole office appeared quietly industrious, although members of staff were warm. The questions themselves didn't seem *too* tricky - I'd say my problem was simply that I'd over-emphasised my willingness to move around the company. Feedback suggested I didn't seem committed to *public opinion* research as opposed to brand research, so I shot myself in the foot by trying to appear less precious about what I'd be doing. Expect to be asked about your motivation and interests, and your happiness dealing with quantitative data when needs be. Also, be aware that the tests are done within strict time limits. They don't appear to expect you to polish everything off, though, so it's important to illustrate the methods and thought processes you take.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in *public opinion* research?   1 Answer
    • Ipsos will implicitly ask you how much you understand about the market research process. Demonstrate your research!   Answer Question