Ipsos Research Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Parsippany, NJ
Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ipsos in August 2014.

Had initial phone interview with HR followed by an in-person interview with 5 people at their office that lasted around 3 hours. Very conversational and easy going, everyone I encountered was friendly. Be prepared to talk all about your interest in market research, data, and how your experiences can relate to the position.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly conversational and none of those behavioral "tell me about a time when..." questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ipsos

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ipsos.

Went through a first round phone interview and was called in for a 3 hour long interview in the office with 3 employees and 1 HR rep. Seemed very casual, talked more about the job and asked general questions rather than specific behavioral or experience based. I think they were just looking to see if you fit in well with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any tough questions, they talked more than I did   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ipsos in August 2011.

Interviewed with four senior managers one-on-one. Each asked similar questions and focused on personality, qualitative and quantitative research abilities, professional communication ability and other such skills. Questions were rather standard interview type questions and each interviewer was polite and profession.

Interview Questions
    • Most technique questions regarding statistical abilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ipsos in February 2013.

First I had an interview with HR manager via phone and then I was invited to a face-to-face interview. I was interviewed by 5 people. Later they informed me that they hired somebody within the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ipsos in September 2008.

The hiring process is rather lengthy, however, necessary. Ipsos does a very good job of ensuring the employee is actually qualified to do the job. They also are quite good at explaining exactly what the position entails.

I had over 6 interviews with Ipsos employees. The disadvantage to this is it makes the interview process very lengthy. The advantage is you get to speak to the majority of the people you would be working with on a day to day basis.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Ipsos in July 2012.

2 months unpaid internship led to a permanent offer.

Interview Questions
    • A furniture manufacturer wants to do a study in UAE. Who should be his target group?   Answer Question
    Initial salary was higher relative to other agencies

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Ipsos.

1st round: several general questions, like self-introduction, process of data analysis and modelling philosophy.
    2nd round: quiz on stats and SAS.

Research Analyst Interview

I was interviewed by a three members of the ASI team, who were trying to determine if I were a good fit more than being concerned with my qualifications. I also had to pass an 1.5 hr test, which included various statistical, analytical, word-processing, and formatting tasks. What was different from other interviews was that it took almost a month after the interview for HR to get back to me and inform me that they had decided to go with someone else.

Research Analyst Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ipsos in April 2012.

1st interview with HR Manager...asked same questions as on application:

Please describe your specific relevant previous experiences that you have:
    What were the difficulties that you faced in your previous positions? How did you solve them? What were the results of your solutions?
    What do you think that you will bring to Ipsos if you will be selected to this position?
    Why you think that you will succeed in this position?
    What are the specific skill set, know-how and capabilities that you have that will allow you to excel at Ipsos and specifically in the job duties and profession that you are applying to?
    • Why have you opted to apply to Ipsos?
    • Please describe in detail what you know about Ipsos?

2nd interview a few days later w/ GM of Marketing and an Account Manager... less than 15 min long... asked very basic easy competency questions
    3rd interview w/ Managing Director... a very rushed interview... took 5 mins ... why ipsos? why market research? he said he just wanted to meet me to put a face to my test results and what he heard from others who interviewed me

Interview Questions
    • Please describe your specific relevant previous experiences that you have:   Answer Question

Worked for Ipsos? Contribute to the Community!