Ipsos Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

2.9

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

Phone interview. Very brief. Hiring Manager explained the position and was very personable. Went through resume and asked about each of my relevant experiences. She moved my along in the interview process immediately, offering me another interview while still on the phone.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ipsos

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ipsos (Parsippany, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Had initial phone interview with HR followed by an in-person interview with 5 people at their office that lasted around 3 hours. Very conversational and easy going, everyone I encountered was friendly. Be prepared to talk all about your interest in market research, data, and how your experiences can relate to the position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly conversational and none of those behavioral "tell me about a time when..." questions   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

Went through a first round phone interview and was called in for a 3 hour long interview in the office with 3 employees and 1 HR rep. Seemed very casual, talked more about the job and asked general questions rather than specific behavioral or experience based. I think they were just looking to see if you fit in well with the company.

Interview Questions

• Not really any tough questions, they talked more than I did   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ipsos (Bellevue, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

First I had an interview with HR manager via phone and then I was invited to a face-to-face interview. I was interviewed by 5 people. Later they informed me that they hired somebody within the company.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ipsos in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with four senior managers one-on-one. Each asked similar questions and focused on personality, qualitative and quantitative research abilities, professional communication ability and other such skills. Questions were rather standard interview type questions and each interviewer was polite and profession.

Interview Questions

• Most technique questions regarding statistical abilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ipsos (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

The hiring process is rather lengthy, however, necessary. Ipsos does a very good job of ensuring the employee is actually qualified to do the job. They also are quite good at explaining exactly what the position entails. I had over 6 interviews with Ipsos employees. The disadvantage to this is it makes the interview process very lengthy. The advantage is you get to speak to the majority of the people you would be working with on a day to day basis.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ipsos (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Invited for a demanding interview with 3 key members of the team - Director and 2 Managers. Interview took 2 hours, pretty complex on fit/attitude side with clear technical focus at the end (maths, statistics, econometrics). Got an econometrics assignment to solve at home. Feedback received within 1 week, however formalizing the offer with HR took unexpectedly long (more than another 2 weeks+).

Interview Questions

• Describe how would you build linear regression and what kind of testing would you do first?   1 Answer
    • What are the main 4 central moments in statistical analysis of data?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ipsos (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

1 Phone Interview + 2 Face to face interview First face to face interview is about asking you previous experience and some behaviour Questions. The second they asked you some technical questions

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ipsos.

Interview

1st round: several general questions, like self-introduction, process of data analysis and modelling philosophy. 2nd round: quiz on stats and SAS.

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by a three members of the ASI team, who were trying to determine if I were a good fit more than being concerned with my qualifications. I also had to pass an 1.5 hr test, which included various statistical, analytical, word-processing, and formatting tasks. What was different from other interviews was that it took almost a month after the interview for HR to get back to me and inform me that they had decided to go with someone else.