Ipsos

Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Associate Interview

Interview process was done remotely (all phone based - no Skype or video conference) as I was relocating to a new city. First step was HR phone screening, followed by a group conference call. On the call I was able to speak to all team members, turned out to be a good team, but would have liked to meet them in person first and had the opportunity to see the office.

Other Interview Reviews for Ipsos

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Ipsos.

Contacted by an internal recruiter within a few days of applying. Spoke on the phone and had an easy screening interview; didn't hear back for a few weeks and then the recruiter called to schedule an interview with the team. Very informal and went well (met four people who were all very personable and made me feel comfortable). After that, didn't hear anything for almost a month, and then the recruiter contacted me to set up an interview with a VP, which was also pretty informal; I was told they would be making a decision within a week. And then radio silence. When I asked the recruiter (after another month) what happened, I was told they "really liked me" but hadn't made a decision yet and were still interviewing candidates- four months after my initial contact with them.

Interview Questions
    • Actually there weren't even a lot of questions. They just told me about the position and the team/company and asked about my background and how I saw it fitting the needs of the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ipsos in February 2013.

I applied online and was contacted a few days later by a recruiter. There was a phone interview with the recruiter within a week. We discussed my background and research experience. A one-on-one interview was scheduled for the following week. The questions were basic, not much about my background or analytical ability. I was told that there would be another interview to meet with a colleague who was unable to participate in the one-on-one interview that day. Last contact was almost 2 months ago and I haven't heard anything about the interview or position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ipsos in January 2010.

My first contact with Ipsos was an email asking me if I would come in for an interview. I met with four members of the staff. First I met with a Junior Manager and went through some general questions about the location, the position, and my background. For instance, "How do you feel about relocating to Norwalk?", "What made you decide to apply to this position?", "How do you feel about working in the health care sector?", "Tell me about this internship". I spoke with another Junior Manager third who asked almost identical questions. I think this was more for me to meet and greet between me and the staff. They will probably be asked what they thought of me but didn't take any notes or have any vital questions. They were very friendly and easy to relate to. In between those discussions I interviewed with the true Manager of the office. She was very to the point and persistent. She was very focused on my feelings about research and the health industry. She was less concerned with my qualifications than with how I would mesh with her existing team. Her mood was more interrogative than positive. You could tell she was very knowledgeable about her job and her industry and showed a lot of strength of character. The final meeting was a ten minute interview with the HR Generalist who mostly just told me some facts about the company as a whole. The final portion of the interview was two skills tests. The first was a 5 minute proofreading exercise where you compared two documents. The second was a 40 minute exercise where you were given four data documents and asked to provide implications from the data. The whole process took 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working in the health care sector?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ipsos in August 2009.

Phone interview with HR to start and then I scheduled an appointment to meet the team. Met with a total of 5 people in one of the conference rooms. First with Director level senior management and then a group of peers. Senior managers were more interested in skill set while peers were looking for personality fit

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions but I supposed this depends on who is interviewing you. What is you biggest weakeness is what was probably hardest but is typical   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ipsos in May 2014.

initial phone interview, and then an in-person test (90 min), and three individual interviews (90 min).

the test was proofreading, math, and writing based on a table - really basic

I felt the interviews went well but I only really hit it off with one of the interviewers. I also had minimal previous market research experience so even though I did well on the test, I may not have been the best fit.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a situation in which you screwed up, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Two interviews. First was a general meeting with an HR rep..basic questions about past experience and career expectations. Second was a 90 minute test on excel, basic maths, survey editing. After the written test you meet with two team managers to go over your experience more in-depth.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ipsos in April 2012.

After a call from the HR I was called for the written test on a convenient date.
    The written test was a general aptitude test.

Interview Questions
    • Various questions from statistics and market research tools   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ipsos in July 2011.

I had a phone interview with HR. Said I would be contacted for in person interview by end of week, however I never heard back. I followed up with the HR person twice by email and phone with no response back. Very unprofessional to keep interviewers hanging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ipsos in February 2010.

The interview was a two stage process. An HR rep screens possible applicants and forwards those who pass to the VP of the department you are applying for. The first interview is very, very general. This one is about being a generally good, reliable, bright worker. Only the second interview actually gets department specific. The first one is about generally impressing an HR rep, who looks for more standard things like professionalism, attitude, etc. The second one is about if the VP gets a good vibe from you, if you have a good connection, and if you will be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions
    • The HR interview is all standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary. The VP one is totally at the whim and discretion of the VP hiring you. Worry less about specific questions and more about presenting yourself well and accurately.   Answer Question
    It was the recession. I did not negotiate.