Ipswitch Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2015

2.9

Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Ipswitch (Lexington, MA).

Interview

Met with a series of people over several weeks at different levels of management including co-workers, managers and executives.
    Was asked to demonstrate competence in several areas as well as to explain my background and interest in the position.
    Interviewers seemed very interested and sincere in the discussions and and provided honest and candid feedback about their experiences with the company, some only a few months and others many years.

Vice President Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Ipswitch (Lexington, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I met with about 10 people both on the phone in remote locations and on site in Lexington, MA. I was interviewed by people that would work for me as well as senior management.

Interview Questions

• How do you systemize innovation?   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ipswitch (Lexington, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Was called for initial phone screening with HR. Had a second phone interview with the hiring manager a week later. Was called in for an on-site interview and needed to prepare to talk with 5-6 people within a 2 hour time period. The interview was long, but meeting different people i would potentially work with kept it interesting.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply? Are you unfufilled at your current job?   Answer Question

User Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ipswitch (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received email to set up an initial phone interview with the recruiter two days later. The recruiter was very professional and tried to put me at ease before starting with her questions. The interview itself was mainly comprised of questions targeting my CV (e.g. the positions requires good XY skills. In which of your previous positions have you used these skills and how). Afterwards I had the opportunity to ask questions to get a better understanding of the position and the company. Next steps were discussed. I am still in the process.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Be prepared to give examples on how your experience /skills relate to the job description.   Answer Question

Channel Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ipswitch (Lexington, MA).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me for initial call. Then spoke to the hiring manager on the phone. She scheduled me to meet her team a week later. I actually never met the hiring manager. The team was very nice, no unexpected questions. They were just looking for a mutual fit. Got the vibe they already knew who they were hiring but they needed to bring in external candidates.

Network Engineer T Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ipswitch (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

initial phone interview was with HR the phone process was friendly and inviting. I was scheduled for face a face interview immediately after the phone interview for one week later the face to face interview was given by several individuals from different aspects of the company. Each asked technical and customer service questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions where basic A+ and Net + question nothing was too difficult
      Q, what is the process of connecting an internal network to an external network.

Answer Question

Negotiation

industry standard pay if you answer all the questions on the interview and feel confident negotiation of pay should be easy

QA Intern - File Transfer Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ipswitch (Lexington, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring and Interview process is perfect and will respond back as soon as the decision is made. Its a friendly process.

Interview Questions

• Communication went successfully right from HR to the interviewer. Reviewed all the networking concepts mentioned in the job description. Questions such as Strengths, Weakness, Where will I be after 5 years, various questions like what is IPswitch doing. Researched about the company and responded back. All went well. Realistic speaking, this company always do cool things and one can enjoy at this work culture.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ipswitch (Lexington, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone screen. It was obvious that the recruiter didn't have the desire to speak with me. I'm not sure if she already had a candidate in mind? She was 15 minutes late on the call, did not apologize and was excessively abrasive during the call. From then on, there were one word responses to my questions and just an unwelcome response from the recruiter. I

Interview Questions

• No overly difficult questions, just a very unprofessional, abrasive demeanor.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ipswitch.

Interview

Phone interview followed by office interview with 5 people and a last phone interview.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ipswitch (American Fork, UT) in April 2013.

Interview

Two phone calls, one from HR, screening and one from the site manager. Received a call back in several days and invited for person-to-person interview. I found the location in the upstairs of a professional suite building and had a good itinerary scheduled for 3 hours by the HR people from Lexington, MA. Everyone was welcoming and professional. They are prompt on emailing and keeping the pace flowing. I interviews with HR via teleconference, about benefits and company history, QA lead, Site manager, and Senior QA via teleconference. I was notified in one week of an offer. The benefits kick in on the first day and vacation/PTO bundle was 4 wks starting

Interview Questions

• What is the way you work with difficult personalities in the office   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was pleasant and I looked over the benefits. I did not work on negotiation as I felt the offer was fair, but a more experienced negotiator could have worked it a bit more than I did.