Iron Mountain Inc

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in July 2012.

Interview Details – Recuirter contacted me via LinkedIn. Interview process was long but overall experience was postive. Do your research on this company so that you are informed.

Interview Question – I was asked to talk about Iron Mountain products.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotions took over a month and a half. Background check was about 3 weeks due to Iron Mountain being a very secure company.

Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview Details – Initial favorable contact and screening was at a job fair with head of HR for the region at that time. Quickly received instructions to complete a PI Predictive Index test. Then was scheduled for interview with hiring manager and interview with the VP was set up at the end of that interview. Both people doing the interviewing were forthcoming and amiable. Actually had one of the most enjoyable interviews of my life with the VP who was engaging, honest and fun as he reviewed the PI results with me. I received a job offer within a few days. I do know that the current method of interviewing is much more involved with many levels of the organization and over many different interview days. Definitely a much slower process and with many internal people participating.

Interview Question – I was asked why I no longer managed a staff of people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The hiring manager was explained that the budget was very tight but that a 10% bonus was customary.

Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in February 2009.

Interview Details – First interview is with a recruiter and typically is a phone interview. From there you move on to the hiring manager. Then it may come down to a panel interview depending on the position that you are applying for.

Interview Question – Tell us why we should hire you over the next person that we are going to speak with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in May 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview only. Recruiter thought I was a great candidate but voiced displeasure in the lack of follow through with IM setting up a local face to face.
Disclosed "limitations" of the position right off the bat. Inside sales / account management @ 55K. No commission structure only a yearly bonus.

Interview Question – Give me three recent accomplishments at your current job.   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very professional interview process. The company was clear on their requirements and conveyed very postive plans for the position and the company. Very nice people. I went through a recruiter and then was invited on site once to meet with 3 managers and another time to meet with another 4 managers. Interview included tour of one of their major document storage facilities. The group manager was very professional but the HR group seemed to be less experienced.

Interview Question – Why should we consider you for our company   View Answer

Reason for Declining – In the end, I felt that the postion was too junior for my skills and I did not see advancement opportunities that would be realized immediately.

Account Manager

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in February 2010.

Interview Details – Internal application - not a lot of feedback about reason behind not getting job.

Interview Question – How do you work with customers who are experiencing service problems?   Answer Question

Account Manager

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had an xxtensive hour long telephone interview with HR representative after applying a couple of weeks earlier. Interviewer was very thorough and had a great personality. Explained the company and the position in very great detail. He asked the typical interview questions and I provided strong answers in my view.

Interview Question – Tell me about the worst boss you've ever had.   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in January 2007.

Interview Details – The interview process was long and drawn out as their were many individuals doing the interviewing but all one on one.

Interview Question – Rate the importance of the following, internal customer, external customer, team member.   Answer Question

Worked for Iron Mountain Inc? Contribute to the Community!