Iron Mountain Inc Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jun 25, 2014

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in February 2010.

Interview process was easy, spoke to 4 different folks on two occasions in person. This was after one phone screen. The process included a written cultural fit questionaire. It also required a drug test. The process took around three weeks and was not particularly difficult

Interview Questions
    • There we now trick questions. The HR interviews were straight forward. The technical interviews just verified my technical background as expected. 4 references were required and they seemed to ant them early in the process   Answer Question

Sales Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in March 2014.

One interview with Head of Sales Operations Consultant. Relatively easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interview Questions: What do you know about the company?
      If you had a large sum of money how would you spend it?
        Answer Question

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Thorough interview process but not unusual for this level and type of company - preliminary phone screen with HR, then with hiring manager, then in person with functional heads including marketing, finance, sales, operations. From start to end the process took about 5 weeks. Major emphasis was on experience working in a matrix management environment and ability to drive change quickly through a large organization.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe how you made a difference in your current employer's product innovation process."   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in April 2009.

I was contacted by a recruiter for this position, which was a new role for the company. The initial phone screen conducted by one of the Senior BA's seemed like they were reading questions from a script - mostly yes or no questions ("Do you have experience with..."). That was followed by a 10 page written questionnaire of the same questions, leading to an in-person interview. The interview was conducted as a group/panel interview, with 6-8 team members dropping out or being added in over the nearly three hours process. After a group questioning, two of the interviewers then conducted a case study session, with three case studies. One of the interviewers admitted that this was a "new process" for them to conduct interviews this way. When it was over, I was escorted to the lobby and not told anything about next steps; it was just "over". Very strange and disorganized process.

Interview Questions
    • (Shown only a process map for an existing accounting system, with no additional context). "How would you improve this process?"   Answer Question
    • "What is a process?"   Answer Question

Expense Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

contacted by a recruiter who first did a phone screening. set up a phone interview with department. had two more in person interviews. did background check and drug test.

Sales Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in March 2012.

Applied online and got a call for an impromptu phone interview. The phone interview consisted of asking me why I felt qualified for the position. The interviewer also asked me to also go through my resume and describe tasks I completed and what I was up to now. Afterward, I got another call about a week later to set up an in person interview at their headquarters. This consisted of 2 sets of interviews; a one on one (with what would be my boss) and another two on one (the head of the department and a recent hire). This was also relatively easy with basic behavioral questions along with going more in depth about my resume, qualifications, and abilities. Finally, I got a phone call the next week saying they were excited to offer me a position.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in July 2009.

Interview process was very slow; the recruiter was a temp, the recruiter knew very little about the position. In person interview was with couple of other engineers who were on their way out the door, the manager who interview was asking questions he did not even understanding how to ask. I was a joke; my bad should have known then what I was getting myself into.

Interview Questions
    • Windows AD, Exchange how do they relate.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in November 2009.

I came in for one in-person interview and met with the VP I'd be supporting and the Director. The interview took roughly 1.5 hours. Iron Mountain makes you take a drug test as well as complete a background check, which is the most inconvenient part of the process.

The 500 person office is filled with mostly "campers" and not "climbers," people who have been with the company for 10+ years. Sometimes I would feel as though I was working at Dunder Mifflin. :)

Interview Questions
    • How would you set up a new Executive you were working for for success?   View Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer
    The recruiter I was working for handled the negotiations.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in July 2010.

Began with a phone interview with recruiter. She did not seem to know much about the company itself - could not answer questions pertaining to benefits, for example. When in for a one on one and a lot of the questions were focused around the personality test results. Not many difficult questions were asked.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in October 2010.

I had a phone interview with the HR contact (about 20 minutes long), a phone interview with the hiring manager (60 minutes long), and was asked to come for an in-person interview that would last a few hours, meeting with several people (3 seperate days). I was e-mailed an interview schedule that listed me meeting with HR briefly as well as 4 people, including the hiring manager.

I arrived the morning of the interview on time, the first person I was supposed to meet with was out of the office and the receptionist could not reach her so I sat there for 25 minutes. The receptionist also looked me up on Facebook and also requested that I add him as a Facebook friend (which I did not realize until I got home later that day), awkward.

I met with two people, and called the person that I was supposed to meet with first as they were working from home. After the phone interview, the HR person who had set up the interview came to walk me out, I said - I still haven't met with the hiring manager like I was supposed to. They forgot to tell me that she was out of the office that day.

I responded several times about setting up the remainder of the interview process and finally 3 weeks later I heard they went with a different candidate. Outright rude to waste my time by a. not telling me the interview schedule had been changed b. not getting back to me to say they were moving on with a different candidate until several emails and phone calls later. c. The first person I was supposed to meet with 'forgot' about the interview and I wasted the first 30 minutes waiting for them to contact the people I was meeting with.

Frustrating to say the least.

Interview Questions
    • How would I describe past experience?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where I succeeded in a project?

What is unique about me that I can bring to Iron Mtn?
        Answer Question

Worked for Iron Mountain Inc? Contribute to the Community!