Iron Mountain Inc

Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.8

Vender Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in April 2010.

The interview came from a recruitment firm. Meeting the IT Manager and one of the key workers, they seemed friendly yet they were honest about the culture there. There is definitely a struggle within ranks. It's that visable. The problem was what they were looking for ultimately different than interpreted.

Interview Questions
    • What problems do you foresee as a IT Vendor Manager?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in June 2010.

Nascent marketing organization. Interview process took a very long time and was far too exhaustive for a mid-level marketing position I was invited to apply for but never really had a chance of getting. 3 telephone interviews, 9 1:1 interviews, 2 strategy/planning presentations, a personality test & very hard-to-get references (had to track 1 person down from 12 years ago) over ~9 weeks. There were several strange delays in the process -- the longest was between my last interview and the decision. As it turns out, I was just fodder until they lined up another "friend". Humiliating. If you have significant history with the hiring manager, go for it. Otherwise, be very careful with your dignity, your time investment and the favors you request from others. One other thing ... some of the junior people seemed to be overqualified and pigeon-holed while external people are being hired above them. That may not bode well for internal advancement potential or the working environment.

Operations Supervisor Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in September 2011.

Had phone interview first which lasted about 15 minutes. Recuriter was very prompt in setting up an in face interview with the hiring manager. Next interview happened the very next day with 2 hiring managers. Very professional and went very well. The third interview was then with 2 more hiring mangers and HR. The final interview was another team 2 of hiring managers. Took about a week before I received the offer which is contingent upon passing the background check and drug screen.

You could tell by the interviews that they are a results oriented company. Mentioned that in the interview as well. They ask situational questions based on your passed experiences. Interview process took 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations were very simple, as I accepted the first offer.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in May 2009.

The initial contact (by phone) takes sometimes up to 2 weeks, and you must answer this call because they do not return phone calls promptly or often.

Interview Questions
    • What besides money would motivate you to work for this company?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in June 2010.

I first had a phone interview and I didn't do well but I guess my resume looks good they decided to bring me into the office for one on one interviews. I met 2 other people there and I did pretty well in the problem solving question.

Transportation Coordinator Interview

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in August 2009.

The interviewing process is very complicated. You first meet with the hiring manager and after a few days they call you for a second interview to give you the details of a third and final interview; where you must present an essay on whichever topic they assign, you will have to do a powerpoint presentation with all the managers and supervisors invited from different departments, and to finalize you must go thru a panel interview of 100 questions. You must be prepared to wait for at least 2 weeks before they make a decision on the right candidate

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe the manager at your last job?   View Answer

Inside Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in March 2009.

The interview was extremely well done, and I had a lot of questions regarding, how people sell, the learning curve to selling their product. The manager I interviewed with was extremely well versed in Sales and the people who work there are great. The work culture is extremely intense and results oriented.

Interview Questions
    The company has a set salary, I would have my salary and then stand frim.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

The interview process was months without hearing from the company or any decisions being made regarding the filling of open positions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was regarding future family planning.   View Answer

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in January 2009.

I was called early on MLK Day to set up a face to face interview. I was not given a lot of notice so I had to make some things happen quickly. They wanted me to provide a powerpoint presentation on the company and what I believed they offered as a company. The interview went great. I was nervous. I did get an offer and had a bit off a delay in background based on my educational expereience.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was did you think the interview would be this detailed? I made up the entire powerpoint presentation based on the criteria they provided and a lot of imagination.   Answer Question
    I did negotiate for additional monies based on the fact that they had just taken away the incentive and special project bonuses to Account Managers nationwide. The salary was it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in April 2012.

Round 1 : Shortlisting Round.
    Round 2: Technical Round
    Round 3:Managerial Round
    Round 4:HR Round

Interview Questions
    • Explain the failures you had in your IT career and also explain your short-comings   View Answer
    I had other offers , therefore, I got an offer which I asked for.