Iron Mountain Inc Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.8

Vender Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Boston, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview came from a recruitment firm. Meeting the IT Manager and one of the key workers, they seemed friendly yet they were honest about the culture there. There is definitely a struggle within ranks. It's that visable. The problem was what they were looking for ultimately different than interpreted.

Interview Questions

• What problems do you foresee as a IT Vendor Manager?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Nascent marketing organization. Interview process took a very long time and was far too exhaustive for a mid-level marketing position I was invited to apply for but never really had a chance of getting. 3 telephone interviews, 9 1:1 interviews, 2 strategy/planning presentations, a personality test & very hard-to-get references (had to track 1 person down from 12 years ago) over ~9 weeks. There were several strange delays in the process -- the longest was between my last interview and the decision. As it turns out, I was just fodder until they lined up another "friend". Humiliating. If you have significant history with the hiring manager, go for it. Otherwise, be very careful with your dignity, your time investment and the favors you request from others. One other thing ... some of the junior people seemed to be overqualified and pigeon-holed while external people are being hired above them. That may not bode well for internal advancement potential or the working environment.

Strategic Planning, Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

multiple levels of interaction form recruiters by phone and in person to Human Resources by phone and in person. Had to pass gates with finance officers and operations peers to meet with Vice presidents and Senior Vice presidents

Interview Questions

• what value can you bring to the business   1 Answer

Negotiation

there seemed to be a salary floor at which the position would start at yet there were car allowances that could be discussed along with stock options and profit sharing percentages that fluctuated.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Austin, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Recuirter contacted me via LinkedIn. Interview process was long but overall experience was postive. Do your research on this company so that you are informed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotions took over a month and a half. Background check was about 3 weeks due to Iron Mountain being a very secure company.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in September 2011.

Interview

Had phone interview first which lasted about 15 minutes. Recuriter was very prompt in setting up an in face interview with the hiring manager. Next interview happened the very next day with 2 hiring managers. Very professional and went very well. The third interview was then with 2 more hiring mangers and HR. The final interview was another team 2 of hiring managers. Took about a week before I received the offer which is contingent upon passing the background check and drug screen.

You could tell by the interviews that they are a results oriented company. Mentioned that in the interview as well. They ask situational questions based on your passed experiences. Interview process took 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were very simple, as I accepted the first offer.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Irving, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

The initial contact (by phone) takes sometimes up to 2 weeks, and you must answer this call because they do not return phone calls promptly or often.

Interview Questions

• What besides money would motivate you to work for this company?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in June 2010.

Interview

I first had a phone interview and I didn't do well but I guess my resume looks good they decided to bring me into the office for one on one interviews. I met 2 other people there and I did pretty well in the problem solving question.

Transportation Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in August 2009.

Interview

The interviewing process is very complicated. You first meet with the hiring manager and after a few days they call you for a second interview to give you the details of a third and final interview; where you must present an essay on whichever topic they assign, you will have to do a powerpoint presentation with all the managers and supervisors invited from different departments, and to finalize you must go thru a panel interview of 100 questions. You must be prepared to wait for at least 2 weeks before they make a decision on the right candidate

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the manager at your last job?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in March 2009.

Interview

The interview was extremely well done, and I had a lot of questions regarding, how people sell, the learning curve to selling their product. The manager I interviewed with was extremely well versed in Sales and the people who work there are great. The work culture is extremely intense and results oriented.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years ?   1 Answer
    • How do you overcome objections ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The company has a set salary, I would have my salary and then stand frim.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview

The interview process was months without hearing from the company or any decisions being made regarding the filling of open positions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was regarding future family planning.   1 Answer