Iron Mountain Inc

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.8

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Phone interview, then an interview with the team I'd be working with, then an interview with the HR Dept. As long as you prepare, it's not too difficult. Everyone was really nice until I made it to HR. The person who interviewed me at that time was very stand-offish and cold.

You should negotiate but I was desperate so I didn't. The annual raises are very small.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Hiring process are as follows, I interviewed with 3 departments (Transportation, Records Center, Data Backup and Recovery). Questions were basic and simple.

1 phone interview
    3 panel interviews
    Background Check
    Offer

n/a

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in September 2010.

They use an in-house recruiting team that pulls together resumes. Hiring manager chooses which ones are of interest. Starts with phone interviews. If those go well, then it proceeds to in-person interviews. Usually there are a few people involved in the interviews due to the matrix organizational set up.

Interview Questions
    • There are no standard questions. Most likely the general questions with technical skill questions for the specific position.   Answer Question
    The current process is delivering a verbal offer. Then the candidate gets a written offer, which they can negotiate.

Technical Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in September 2014.

The person who contacted me first by phone was very excited about my background and qualifications and wanted me to phone interview with one of their vice presidents. That went well, but their professionalism went downhill from there. I was told twice via e-mail that I would be contacted to discuss moving forward in the interviewing process, then nothing. The interviewer just dropped off the face of the earth.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were pretty standard and very specific to the role. There were no surprise or trick questions.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in September 2014.

I got a call from a staffing company. The next day I was on site for the interview. The hiring manager was nice. The first part of the interview was behavioral. The second part was technical. I was given Excel exercises. As I made it to the next round I got another behavioral test called Compatibility Index.

The negotiation was done through the staffing agency.

Customer Response Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

The background checks done on new hires are very extensive. They asked for copies of my W-2's from quite a few years back. I'm not sure what the purpose of that was. But otherwise the interview process was great. It seems as though they have the supervisors on the department you would be working in conducting the interviews which is a nice change from dealing with someone directly from HR.

Interview Questions
    • If I brought 10 of your friends and past/current co-workers into the room with us now and asked each of them what you could work, what would be a common theme among them? I found this to be an excellent way to phrase the typical, "What are your weaknesses?"   View Answer

Territory Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in May 2014.

I initially had a phone interview with Field Recruiting for Iron Mountain's North American Operations. The phone interview went well and it led to a face to face interview with 4 people from the Iron Mountain. I interviewed with the four people, two at a time in a conference room. The interviews went well and I was complemented on being prepared. The people I met were open, friendly (during our meeting) and I sent each of the interviewers a follow up email to thank them for the opportunity to talk with them about the position. I also reaffirmed my interest. I received one response thanking me for the preparation and interview and saying I would be notified of their decision. I believe 4 people were being interviewed that day. That's where the professionalism stopped. I did not hear anything back from any of the five people who interviewed for Iron Mountain. I followed up again in a week to ten days via email. No Response (from anyone)! I followed up again , this time with a phone call and left a message. No Response. I followed up again with no response.
    My conclusion. They are either too busy to be professional or aren't professionals. Unfortunately it left me with a bad feeling about Iron Mountain's lack of professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to provide examples of profitability analysis & improvements you've done in past experiences.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in February 2014.

My interview process took 6 weeks and I didn't get the job, but was later hired by a different division - it's a better fit. I took a personality test, 2 in-person interviews. Two phone interviews with different people. Then a dinner. A personality test, powerpoint with people in multiple time zones, Several email questions, a drug test, background check and several calls.

Interview Questions
    • Can you envision yourself in this role in 5 years or would you want to move up to management?   View Answer

Courier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

The process can be slightly tedious. You have to list a lot of information and they do a thorough background check, due to the fact your are constantly around confidential information. You go through an interview with to people usually on the same day. Then if you get hired you are offered and acceptance letter and start right away. The acceptance process because of the background check can take a few weeks.

IT Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in February 2010.

Interview process was easy, spoke to 4 different folks on two occasions in person. This was after one phone screen. The process included a written cultural fit questionaire. It also required a drug test. The process took around three weeks and was not particularly difficult

Interview Questions
    • There we now trick questions. The HR interviews were straight forward. The technical interviews just verified my technical background as expected. 4 references were required and they seemed to ant them early in the process   Answer Question