Iron Mountain Inc

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in August 2013.

I applied through a Recruiting agency, three days latter i received a call to schedule an onsite interview. The hiring process was easy i had two interviews one with the HR and the other with the Project manager. Two weeks latter i got a job offer for a different position because they believed i would be a better fit for that project

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in July 2013.

Received Call from HR dept were I answered general questions about my experience. Received call a few days later to schedule face to face interview. After wowing the lead Customer Support person I was asked to interview with the hiring manager. After waiting more than 30 minutes I was asked if they schedule for another day. A couple days later I was back in front hiring who seemed impress with hat i could bring to the table. Both were very nice and the interviews were both informative and very promising.

Interview Questions
    • What type of manager do you work best with?   View Answer

Innound Telesales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royersford, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interviewed with a guy who looked like Macklemore. Couldn't give me a straight answer and seemed disengaged the entire conversation. Also noticed as we walked in, he greeted the sales team and was met back with looks of disgust.

Interview Questions
    • What was my greatest professional goal thus far, I wanted to say meeting you; Macklemore   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

The interview process was months without hearing from the company or any decisions being made regarding the filling of open positions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was regarding future family planning.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in July 2012.

Recuirter contacted me via LinkedIn. Interview process was long but overall experience was postive. Do your research on this company so that you are informed.

Interview Questions
    Negotions took over a month and a half. Background check was about 3 weeks due to Iron Mountain being a very secure company.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royersford, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in June 2012.

I had a total of 5 interviews with IM; A phone interview with their recruiter, a phone interview with a sales manager, then a face to face with that manager. I was told in that face to face that they had filled the position internally, but she had me sit and listen to calls with a rep anyway. She then told me afterwards that she would pass my info along as she thought I'd be a good fit for other departments.

I had another phone interview with a different dept manager who set me up with another face to face. When I got to IM the second time, I met with a 3rd, completely different dept manager. If it sounds convoluted, it's because it was.

After having, what I felt, was a great interview, I started get the feeling that it was going no where again, so I asked when I would hear from someone. I was told that they weren't making hiring decisions until the end of the year; close to 6 months after that interview.

I understand the need to fill the pipeline if changes are being made, but I felt like I'd wasted my time, especially since I had to take time off twice, then had to reschedule after they changed the date.

Otherwise, everyone I spoke to, from beginning to end, was great. I even had the chance to chat with some employees as I was waiting for my interview. The office was nice for a cube farm (which is a standard call center environment). I would interview there again, as long as there was a position to interview for.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in June 2012.

Position: Driver
    Santa Maria, CA.
    Dressed in Suit,
    I Followed up with a Letter.
    Went back 2 days later to let him know I'm still interested.

Interview Questions
    • He asked the right questions and I gave him the correct answers.
      I'd been through the interview routine a several times, that I've become a pro.
      My issue is that he never contacted me back to say no or get lost.
      Very sad company in my opinion to have a manager that is a procrastinator or simply does not like to face up to responsibilities.

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in May 2012.

The interview process was grueling simply because it took so looooong... 4 phone interviews and 4 face to face interviews. Everyone I came in contact with during the interview process was great! Very professional and straight forward. General personality type questions at each interview. Best advice, stay positive and let them know YOU WANT THE JOB!

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you had to deal with a supervisor that did not like you.   View Answer
    The negotiation was surprisingly easy. Their offer was significantly higher than I was prepared to accept, so I accepted via telephone. I wanted a later start date, but I didn't get it. Start date was set for the following week.

Record Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in April 2012.

I submitted my resume about 2-3 weeks before I got contacted. As long as what is on your resume closely matches the job description, you will get contacted. (if they are hiring)

The people who contacted me were very professional, but they were also pretty laid back and made you feel comfortable being there.

I had two in-person interviews after being contacted over the phone, and I was quite impressed by the offices where I had my interviews. Both were clean and orderly.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions I remember (not verbatim)

-What are the skills and attributes you can bring to this position?

• -What do you know about Iron Mountain? What do we do?   Answer Question
    • -Describe a time when you had to resolve a conflict between co-workers. What did you do to resolve the conflict?   Answer Question
    • -Tell me about a negative situation you experienced on the job and what you did to turn it into a positive one?

There were some more questions but that's as much as I can remember.

Answer Question
    • -Tell me about a time where you had to take personal accountability for a task.   Answer Question
    My advice to others seeking this position would be to dress professionally (business casual), do your research on the company as well as the position you are applying for, and practice, practice, practice your interview answers. If you do these things, you will impress your interviewer and probably land a job. That's how I did it.

Sales Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in March 2012.

Applied online and got a call for an impromptu phone interview. The phone interview consisted of asking me why I felt qualified for the position. The interviewer also asked me to also go through my resume and describe tasks I completed and what I was up to now. Afterward, I got another call about a week later to set up an in person interview at their headquarters. This consisted of 2 sets of interviews; a one on one (with what would be my boss) and another two on one (the head of the department and a recent hire). This was also relatively easy with basic behavioral questions along with going more in depth about my resume, qualifications, and abilities. Finally, I got a phone call the next week saying they were excited to offer me a position.