Iron Mountain Inc

Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in July 2010.

Began with a phone interview with recruiter. She did not seem to know much about the company itself - could not answer questions pertaining to benefits, for example. When in for a one on one and a lot of the questions were focused around the personality test results. Not many difficult questions were asked.

Director Six Sigma Deployment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in July 2010.

Phone screen followed by 1x1 with hiring manager. She was looking for deployment lead who had done it before.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have deploying Six Sigma?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in June 2010.

Nascent marketing organization. Interview process took a very long time and was far too exhaustive for a mid-level marketing position I was invited to apply for but never really had a chance of getting. 3 telephone interviews, 9 1:1 interviews, 2 strategy/planning presentations, a personality test & very hard-to-get references (had to track 1 person down from 12 years ago) over ~9 weeks. There were several strange delays in the process -- the longest was between my last interview and the decision. As it turns out, I was just fodder until they lined up another "friend". Humiliating. If you have significant history with the hiring manager, go for it. Otherwise, be very careful with your dignity, your time investment and the favors you request from others. One other thing ... some of the junior people seemed to be overqualified and pigeon-holed while external people are being hired above them. That may not bode well for internal advancement potential or the working environment.

Document Review Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in June 2010.

Contacted me after receiving my resume. Set up phone interview. Phone interview was extremely positive in tone. Was told I would be called back in a matter of days to set up a second interview. Never heard from them again. Emailed to follow up. Nothing. Wasted my time. I'm glad they did, because after doing extended research, I learned they have an extremely high turnover rate and terrible reviews from miserable employees/former employees.

Vender Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in April 2010.

The interview came from a recruitment firm. Meeting the IT Manager and one of the key workers, they seemed friendly yet they were honest about the culture there. There is definitely a struggle within ranks. It's that visable. The problem was what they were looking for ultimately different than interpreted.

Interview Questions
    • What problems do you foresee as a IT Vendor Manager?   View Answer

IT Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in February 2010.

Interview process was easy, spoke to 4 different folks on two occasions in person. This was after one phone screen. The process included a written cultural fit questionaire. It also required a drug test. The process took around three weeks and was not particularly difficult

Interview Questions
    • There we now trick questions. The HR interviews were straight forward. The technical interviews just verified my technical background as expected. 4 references were required and they seemed to ant them early in the process   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in January 2010.

3 stage process which helped IM evaluate me and for me to evaluate the company. They made sure I was able to meet with the key stakeholders and those I would be working with directly. It was a good process and they were able to share details regarding benefits and incentive programs.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the most significant accomplishment in your current role and your most significant opportunity for improvement.   View Answer
    Not really...

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in November 2009.

I came in for one in-person interview and met with the VP I'd be supporting and the Director. The interview took roughly 1.5 hours. Iron Mountain makes you take a drug test as well as complete a background check, which is the most inconvenient part of the process.

The 500 person office is filled with mostly "campers" and not "climbers," people who have been with the company for 10+ years. Sometimes I would feel as though I was working at Dunder Mifflin. :)

Interview Questions
    • How would you set up a new Executive you were working for for success?   View Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer
    The recruiter I was working for handled the negotiations.

Sales Representative Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in September 2009.

Laid back interview process. First F2F interview with VP was primarily listen as they used white board to diagram company. Seemed to he read my resume well, no real questions. Met a current sales rep to learn daily life story. Was invited to final interview with SVP.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in July 2009.

Interview process was very slow; the recruiter was a temp, the recruiter knew very little about the position. In person interview was with couple of other engineers who were on their way out the door, the manager who interview was asking questions he did not even understanding how to ask. I was a joke; my bad should have known then what I was getting myself into.

Interview Questions
    • Windows AD, Exchange how do they relate.   View Answer