Iron Mountain Inc Interview Questions

2.8

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in September 2010.

Phone interview one on one with department manager. I provided a presentation of my skill sets, accomplishments, and what I bring to the team, suggestions for process improvement. Underwent Background check, drug testing, Personallity Index testing.

Interview Questions
    • How would you improve our current process?   View Answer
    Internal application, so no negotiating.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in September 2010.

They use an in-house recruiting team that pulls together resumes. Hiring manager chooses which ones are of interest. Starts with phone interviews. If those go well, then it proceeds to in-person interviews. Usually there are a few people involved in the interviews due to the matrix organizational set up.

Interview Questions
    • There are no standard questions. Most likely the general questions with technical skill questions for the specific position.   Answer Question
    The current process is delivering a verbal offer. Then the candidate gets a written offer, which they can negotiate.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royersford, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royersford, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in July 2010.

I was interviewed over the phone by their on staff recruiter first. Then I met with my manager for about a 45 minute face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Was not asked difficult questions. Went over my resume and that is it.   View Answer
    The recruiter mentioned about what I would make at the position. When I got the offer letter it was a significant less then expected to receive.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in July 2010.

Began with a phone interview with recruiter. She did not seem to know much about the company itself - could not answer questions pertaining to benefits, for example. When in for a one on one and a lot of the questions were focused around the personality test results. Not many difficult questions were asked.

Director Six Sigma Deployment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in July 2010.

Phone screen followed by 1x1 with hiring manager. She was looking for deployment lead who had done it before.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have deploying Six Sigma?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in June 2010.

Nascent marketing organization. Interview process took a very long time and was far too exhaustive for a mid-level marketing position I was invited to apply for but never really had a chance of getting. 3 telephone interviews, 9 1:1 interviews, 2 strategy/planning presentations, a personality test & very hard-to-get references (had to track 1 person down from 12 years ago) over ~9 weeks. There were several strange delays in the process -- the longest was between my last interview and the decision. As it turns out, I was just fodder until they lined up another "friend". Humiliating. If you have significant history with the hiring manager, go for it. Otherwise, be very careful with your dignity, your time investment and the favors you request from others. One other thing ... some of the junior people seemed to be overqualified and pigeon-holed while external people are being hired above them. That may not bode well for internal advancement potential or the working environment.

Document Review Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in June 2010.

Contacted me after receiving my resume. Set up phone interview. Phone interview was extremely positive in tone. Was told I would be called back in a matter of days to set up a second interview. Never heard from them again. Emailed to follow up. Nothing. Wasted my time. I'm glad they did, because after doing extended research, I learned they have an extremely high turnover rate and terrible reviews from miserable employees/former employees.

Vender Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in April 2010.

The interview came from a recruitment firm. Meeting the IT Manager and one of the key workers, they seemed friendly yet they were honest about the culture there. There is definitely a struggle within ranks. It's that visable. The problem was what they were looking for ultimately different than interpreted.

Interview Questions
    • What problems do you foresee as a IT Vendor Manager?   View Answer

IT Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in February 2010.

Interview process was easy, spoke to 4 different folks on two occasions in person. This was after one phone screen. The process included a written cultural fit questionaire. It also required a drug test. The process took around three weeks and was not particularly difficult

Interview Questions
    • There we now trick questions. The HR interviews were straight forward. The technical interviews just verified my technical background as expected. 4 references were required and they seemed to ant them early in the process   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in January 2010.

3 stage process which helped IM evaluate me and for me to evaluate the company. They made sure I was able to meet with the key stakeholders and those I would be working with directly. It was a good process and they were able to share details regarding benefits and incentive programs.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the most significant accomplishment in your current role and your most significant opportunity for improvement.   View Answer
    Not really...