Iron Mountain Inc Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.8

Inside Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Royersford, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Royersford, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Recruiter found my resume on monster.com. He called me ad did a phone interview and felt i was polished and a gave a great interview. I was scheduled and rescheduled about 3 times, by Iron Mountain for an in person interview at their site. I did 2 back to back interviews on the same day, both taking about 1.15 hours each. Both sales managers had me feeling great about my interviews and told me they'd make a decision within 2 days. I heard back today from the recruiter and they decided to go with another candidate. I was the perfect fit, I had prior b2b and inside sales experience,knew salesforce.com,metrics environmentt, etc. In the end, the recruiter told me i was polished and professional, but because i did excessive talking and needed to be at the higher end fo te salary range (40k), they did not feel it was a fit. Their loss. They just missed out on a great proven saleperson!!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Kansas City, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

Many Levels.

Interview Questions

• Desscribe how your previous experience fits with this position.   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in March 2011.

Interview

Panel interview was used to screen my candidacy. Once an offer was made, I received an offer letter and upon signing the letter and returning, the company began a background check. The check was fairly extensive because Iron Mountain is a security company as one of its core offerings.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Collegeville, PA) in December 2010.

Interview

Extensive interview w/ HR Director. Seemed to answer all his questions well, very encouraging reactions from him. When can you start, which shift, we have openings, you're local, your background is a great fit for our company and culture. etc. Seemed very promising, took me around to show me various CSR depts, introduced me to people, we'll be in touch, will be making decision by the end of the week.
    No word for at least two weeks. Sent email, no reply. Went into the new year, still no word. Sent another email, came back as failed message. Turns out the HR Director had left the company!!

Interview Questions

• Didn't ask any specific questions....general CSR experiences based on what was on resume.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR contact (about 20 minutes long), a phone interview with the hiring manager (60 minutes long), and was asked to come for an in-person interview that would last a few hours, meeting with several people (3 seperate days). I was e-mailed an interview schedule that listed me meeting with HR briefly as well as 4 people, including the hiring manager.

I arrived the morning of the interview on time, the first person I was supposed to meet with was out of the office and the receptionist could not reach her so I sat there for 25 minutes. The receptionist also looked me up on Facebook and also requested that I add him as a Facebook friend (which I did not realize until I got home later that day), awkward.

I met with two people, and called the person that I was supposed to meet with first as they were working from home. After the phone interview, the HR person who had set up the interview came to walk me out, I said - I still haven't met with the hiring manager like I was supposed to. They forgot to tell me that she was out of the office that day.

I responded several times about setting up the remainder of the interview process and finally 3 weeks later I heard they went with a different candidate. Outright rude to waste my time by a. not telling me the interview schedule had been changed b. not getting back to me to say they were moving on with a different candidate until several emails and phone calls later. c. The first person I was supposed to meet with 'forgot' about the interview and I wasted the first 30 minutes waiting for them to contact the people I was meeting with.

Frustrating to say the least.

Interview Questions

• How would I describe past experience?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where I succeeded in a project?

What is unique about me that I can bring to Iron Mtn?

Answer Question

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Collegeville, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone interview one on one with department manager. I provided a presentation of my skill sets, accomplishments, and what I bring to the team, suggestions for process improvement. Underwent Background check, drug testing, Personallity Index testing.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve our current process?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Internal application, so no negotiating.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in September 2010.

Interview

They use an in-house recruiting team that pulls together resumes. Hiring manager chooses which ones are of interest. Starts with phone interviews. If those go well, then it proceeds to in-person interviews. Usually there are a few people involved in the interviews due to the matrix organizational set up.

Interview Questions

• There are no standard questions. Most likely the general questions with technical skill questions for the specific position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The current process is delivering a verbal offer. Then the candidate gets a written offer, which they can negotiate.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royersford, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Royersford, PA) in July 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone by their on staff recruiter first. Then I met with my manager for about a 45 minute face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Was not asked difficult questions. Went over my resume and that is it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter mentioned about what I would make at the position. When I got the offer letter it was a significant less then expected to receive.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Boston, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

Began with a phone interview with recruiter. She did not seem to know much about the company itself - could not answer questions pertaining to benefits, for example. When in for a one on one and a lot of the questions were focused around the personality test results. Not many difficult questions were asked.

Director Six Sigma Deployment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

Interview

Phone screen followed by 1x1 with hiring manager. She was looking for deployment lead who had done it before.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have deploying Six Sigma?   1 Answer