Iron Mountain Inc

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in March 2011.

Interview Details – Many Levels.

Interview Question – Desscribe how your previous experience fits with this position.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Professional Interview

Inside Sales Professional
Royersford, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in March 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter found my resume on monster.com. He called me ad did a phone interview and felt i was polished and a gave a great interview. I was scheduled and rescheduled about 3 times, by Iron Mountain for an in person interview at their site. I did 2 back to back interviews on the same day, both taking about 1.15 hours each. Both sales managers had me feeling great about my interviews and told me they'd make a decision within 2 days. I heard back today from the recruiter and they decided to go with another candidate. I was the perfect fit, I had prior b2b and inside sales experience,knew salesforce.com,metrics environmentt, etc. In the end, the recruiter told me i was polished and professional, but because i did excessive talking and needed to be at the higher end fo te salary range (40k), they did not feel it was a fit. Their loss. They just missed out on a great proven saleperson!!

Very Easy Interview

Document Review Interview

Document Review
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in June 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted me after receiving my resume. Set up phone interview. Phone interview was extremely positive in tone. Was told I would be called back in a matter of days to set up a second interview. Never heard from them again. Emailed to follow up. Nothing. Wasted my time. I'm glad they did, because after doing extended research, I learned they have an extremely high turnover rate and terrible reviews from miserable employees/former employees.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the HR contact (about 20 minutes long), a phone interview with the hiring manager (60 minutes long), and was asked to come for an in-person interview that would last a few hours, meeting with several people (3 seperate days). I was e-mailed an interview schedule that listed me meeting with HR briefly as well as 4 people, including the hiring manager.

I arrived the morning of the interview on time, the first person I was supposed to meet with was out of the office and the receptionist could not reach her so I sat there for 25 minutes. The receptionist also looked me up on Facebook and also requested that I add him as a Facebook friend (which I did not realize until I got home later that day), awkward.

I met with two people, and called the person that I was supposed to meet with first as they were working from home. After the phone interview, the HR person who had set up the interview came to walk me out, I said - I still haven't met with the hiring manager like I was supposed to. They forgot to tell me that she was out of the office that day.

I responded several times about setting up the remainder of the interview process and finally 3 weeks later I heard they went with a different candidate. Outright rude to waste my time by a. not telling me the interview schedule had been changed b. not getting back to me to say they were moving on with a different candidate until several emails and phone calls later. c. The first person I was supposed to meet with 'forgot' about the interview and I wasted the first 30 minutes waiting for them to contact the people I was meeting with.

Frustrating to say the least.

Interview Questions

• How would I describe past experience?   Answer Question
  • Name a situation where I succeeded in a project?

What is unique about me that I can bring to Iron Mtn?
      Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Boston, MA

The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in June 2010.

Interview Details – Nascent marketing organization. Interview process took a very long time and was far too exhaustive for a mid-level marketing position I was invited to apply for but never really had a chance of getting. 3 telephone interviews, 9 1:1 interviews, 2 strategy/planning presentations, a personality test & very hard-to-get references (had to track 1 person down from 12 years ago) over ~9 weeks. There were several strange delays in the process -- the longest was between my last interview and the decision. As it turns out, I was just fodder until they lined up another "friend". Humiliating. If you have significant history with the hiring manager, go for it. Otherwise, be very careful with your dignity, your time investment and the favors you request from others. One other thing ... some of the junior people seemed to be overqualified and pigeon-holed while external people are being hired above them. That may not bode well for internal advancement potential or the working environment.

Director Six Sigma Deployment Interview

Director Six Sigma Deployment
Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in July 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen followed by 1x1 with hiring manager. She was looking for deployment lead who had done it before.

Interview Question – What experience do you have deploying Six Sigma?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Vender Manager Interview

Vender Manager
Boston, MA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview came from a recruitment firm. Meeting the IT Manager and one of the key workers, they seemed friendly yet they were honest about the culture there. There is definitely a struggle within ranks. It's that visable. The problem was what they were looking for ultimately different than interpreted.

Interview Question – What problems do you foresee as a IT Vendor Manager?   View Answer

Production Specialist Interview

Production Specialist
Aurora, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in December 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online, had a very short interview. They asked about my health care experience and technical experience. Also, made sure I understood the importance of security.

Interview Question – Why do you feel you would be a good fit?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. I received and offer letter and it's either except or don't.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in September 2009.

Interview Details – Laid back interview process. First F2F interview with VP was primarily listen as they used white board to diagram company. Seemed to he read my resume well, no real questions. Met a current sales rep to learn daily life story. Was invited to final interview with SVP.

Plant Manager Interview

Plant Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in June 2009.

Interview Details – I uncovered the name of a regional HR manager within the company and networked with this individual in collecting names of hiring managers and regional recruiters to talk with.

I have interviewed for two positions so far having had four related meetings.

The interviews were straight forward and were low key.

Predominantly the interviewing technique was that they walk you through your resume, throw a couple of standard "off the wall" questions at you and look for you to question them on any areas of interest that were not covered during the main brief.

All in all, pretty standard stuff.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Iron Mountain Inc