Iron Mountain Inc Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.8

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR contact (about 20 minutes long), a phone interview with the hiring manager (60 minutes long), and was asked to come for an in-person interview that would last a few hours, meeting with several people (3 seperate days). I was e-mailed an interview schedule that listed me meeting with HR briefly as well as 4 people, including the hiring manager.

I arrived the morning of the interview on time, the first person I was supposed to meet with was out of the office and the receptionist could not reach her so I sat there for 25 minutes. The receptionist also looked me up on Facebook and also requested that I add him as a Facebook friend (which I did not realize until I got home later that day), awkward.

I met with two people, and called the person that I was supposed to meet with first as they were working from home. After the phone interview, the HR person who had set up the interview came to walk me out, I said - I still haven't met with the hiring manager like I was supposed to. They forgot to tell me that she was out of the office that day.

I responded several times about setting up the remainder of the interview process and finally 3 weeks later I heard they went with a different candidate. Outright rude to waste my time by a. not telling me the interview schedule had been changed b. not getting back to me to say they were moving on with a different candidate until several emails and phone calls later. c. The first person I was supposed to meet with 'forgot' about the interview and I wasted the first 30 minutes waiting for them to contact the people I was meeting with.

Frustrating to say the least.

Interview Questions

• How would I describe past experience?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where I succeeded in a project?

What is unique about me that I can bring to Iron Mtn?

Answer Question

Implementation Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Collegeville, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone interview one on one with department manager. I provided a presentation of my skill sets, accomplishments, and what I bring to the team, suggestions for process improvement. Underwent Background check, drug testing, Personallity Index testing.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve our current process?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Internal application, so no negotiating.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in September 2010.

Interview

They use an in-house recruiting team that pulls together resumes. Hiring manager chooses which ones are of interest. Starts with phone interviews. If those go well, then it proceeds to in-person interviews. Usually there are a few people involved in the interviews due to the matrix organizational set up.

Interview Questions

• There are no standard questions. Most likely the general questions with technical skill questions for the specific position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The current process is delivering a verbal offer. Then the candidate gets a written offer, which they can negotiate.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Royersford, PA) in July 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone by their on staff recruiter first. Then I met with my manager for about a 45 minute face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Was not asked difficult questions. Went over my resume and that is it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter mentioned about what I would make at the position. When I got the offer letter it was a significant less then expected to receive.

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Boston, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

Began with a phone interview with recruiter. She did not seem to know much about the company itself - could not answer questions pertaining to benefits, for example. When in for a one on one and a lot of the questions were focused around the personality test results. Not many difficult questions were asked.

Director Six Sigma Deployment Interview

Application

Interview

Phone screen followed by 1x1 with hiring manager. She was looking for deployment lead who had done it before.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have deploying Six Sigma?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Nascent marketing organization. Interview process took a very long time and was far too exhaustive for a mid-level marketing position I was invited to apply for but never really had a chance of getting. 3 telephone interviews, 9 1:1 interviews, 2 strategy/planning presentations, a personality test & very hard-to-get references (had to track 1 person down from 12 years ago) over ~9 weeks. There were several strange delays in the process -- the longest was between my last interview and the decision. As it turns out, I was just fodder until they lined up another "friend". Humiliating. If you have significant history with the hiring manager, go for it. Otherwise, be very careful with your dignity, your time investment and the favors you request from others. One other thing ... some of the junior people seemed to be overqualified and pigeon-holed while external people are being hired above them. That may not bode well for internal advancement potential or the working environment.

Document Review Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Contacted me after receiving my resume. Set up phone interview. Phone interview was extremely positive in tone. Was told I would be called back in a matter of days to set up a second interview. Never heard from them again. Emailed to follow up. Nothing. Wasted my time. I'm glad they did, because after doing extended research, I learned they have an extremely high turnover rate and terrible reviews from miserable employees/former employees.

Vender Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Boston, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview came from a recruitment firm. Meeting the IT Manager and one of the key workers, they seemed friendly yet they were honest about the culture there. There is definitely a struggle within ranks. It's that visable. The problem was what they were looking for ultimately different than interpreted.

Interview Questions

• What problems do you foresee as a IT Vendor Manager?   1 Answer

IT Staff Interview

Application

interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Boston, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview process was easy, spoke to 4 different folks on two occasions in person. This was after one phone screen. The process included a written cultural fit questionaire. It also required a drug test. The process took around three weeks and was not particularly difficult

Interview Questions

• There we now trick questions. The HR interviews were straight forward. The technical interviews just verified my technical background as expected. 4 references were required and they seemed to ant them early in the process   Answer Question