Iron Mountain Inc

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the HR contact (about 20 minutes long), a phone interview with the hiring manager (60 minutes long), and was asked to come for an in-person interview that would last a few hours, meeting with several people (3 seperate days). I was e-mailed an interview schedule that listed me meeting with HR briefly as well as 4 people, including the hiring manager.

I arrived the morning of the interview on time, the first person I was supposed to meet with was out of the office and the receptionist could not reach her so I sat there for 25 minutes. The receptionist also looked me up on Facebook and also requested that I add him as a Facebook friend (which I did not realize until I got home later that day), awkward.

I met with two people, and called the person that I was supposed to meet with first as they were working from home. After the phone interview, the HR person who had set up the interview came to walk me out, I said - I still haven't met with the hiring manager like I was supposed to. They forgot to tell me that she was out of the office that day.

I responded several times about setting up the remainder of the interview process and finally 3 weeks later I heard they went with a different candidate. Outright rude to waste my time by a. not telling me the interview schedule had been changed b. not getting back to me to say they were moving on with a different candidate until several emails and phone calls later. c. The first person I was supposed to meet with 'forgot' about the interview and I wasted the first 30 minutes waiting for them to contact the people I was meeting with.

Frustrating to say the least.

Interview Questions

• How would I describe past experience?   Answer Question
  • Name a situation where I succeeded in a project?

What is unique about me that I can bring to Iron Mtn?
      Answer Question

Worked for Iron Mountain Inc? Contribute to the Community!