Ironwood Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

Associate Director of TA Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in April 2014.

The Process took 4 months and required three rounds meeting twelve to fifteen people and a total 12 hours of interviewing plus the development of a 30-60-90-120 day plan before the 2nd round. There tend to be long gaps between each step. Lunch is provide but time to eat it is not given must interview with lunch.

Interview Questions
    • How would you attract the best of best to Ironwood knowing we pay below the 50% percentile in the pharmaceutical industry? How would you manage, track and build a pipeline   Answer Question

Development Scientist I, Analytical Chemistry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in May 2010.

long and very detailed interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals.

I met more than 12 people during my interviews, but all were pretty nice and answered my questions toward the end of each interview. The recruiter was great and kept in touch with me throughout the process and got me ready for my interviews and then gave me feedback afterward.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were pretty straight forward, just be prepared to go into quite a bit of detail with some interviewers.   Answer Question
    I asked for a little more in my base and they agreed to it.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in June 2012.

The interview consisted of a great 30 minute phone session followed by onsite meetings of 30-45 minutes with many different people. Some questions were challenging but mostly the interviews were discussions. Gave me a good chance to really see the company from many different departments' perspectives. I really liked the people, their energy and how proud they were to be at Ironwood.

Interview Questions
    • A few questions were outside of my area of expertise, but that was fine.   Answer Question
    Salary screened in the first call to be sure I wasn't going to be way outside of their range, then my future manager talked it through with me so it was something I'd be happy with.

Development Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in August 2010.

Had two phone interviews. Long on-site interview, meeting with 8-10 different people which includes a 1 hour presentation. Interview was more geared towards technical skills, past experience, etc...no behavior based questions.

Interview Questions
    • provide a list of deliverables that you were required to accomplish, how did you go about completing those deliverables and describe the process.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in February 2011.

Phone interview with hiring manager, site interview with hiring manager and others in department. Also gave presentation

Interview Questions

Decided the job wasn't exciting enough

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in May 2012.

Ironwood is trying to launch a new drug, which still has not been approved. The interviewing process was long but expected due to pending approval. Everything was good until the panel interview. Met for 4 hours with hiring managers and a regional director. It consisted of 4, one hour interviews with 2 different managers in each room. Each room handled a different subject, such as collaboration or sales methods. Their questioning was scattered and inconsistent. Based on your answers, you were assigned a point value. If you did not accumulate enough points, you were not offered a job. It was mostly all about how well you interviewed, not your background or experience.

Interview Questions

Worked for Ironwood Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!