Ironwood Pharmaceuticals

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Director of TA Interview

Associate Director of TA
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in April 2014.

Interview Details – The Process took 4 months and required three rounds meeting twelve to fifteen people and a total 12 hours of interviewing plus the development of a 30-60-90-120 day plan before the 2nd round. There tend to be long gaps between each step. Lunch is provide but time to eat it is not given must interview with lunch.

Interview Question – How would you attract the best of best to Ironwood knowing we pay below the 50% percentile in the pharmaceutical industry? How would you manage, track and build a pipeline   Answer Question

Development Scientist I, Analytical Chemistry Interview

Development Scientist I, Analytical Chemistry
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in May 2010.

Interview Details – long and very detailed interviews

Interview Question – what are the possible job expectations   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – I met more than 12 people during my interviews, but all were pretty nice and answered my questions toward the end of each interview. The recruiter was great and kept in touch with me throughout the process and got me ready for my interviews and then gave me feedback afterward.

Interview Question – The interview questions were pretty straight forward, just be prepared to go into quite a bit of detail with some interviewers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a little more in my base and they agreed to it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a great 30 minute phone session followed by onsite meetings of 30-45 minutes with many different people. Some questions were challenging but mostly the interviews were discussions. Gave me a good chance to really see the company from many different departments' perspectives. I really liked the people, their energy and how proud they were to be at Ironwood.

Interview Question – A few questions were outside of my area of expertise, but that was fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary screened in the first call to be sure I wasn't going to be way outside of their range, then my future manager talked it through with me so it was something I'd be happy with.

Development Scientist Interview

Development Scientist
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in August 2010.

Interview Details – Had two phone interviews. Long on-site interview, meeting with 8-10 different people which includes a 1 hour presentation. Interview was more geared towards technical skills, past experience, etc...no behavior based questions.

Interview Question – provide a list of deliverables that you were required to accomplish, how did you go about completing those deliverables and describe the process.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in February 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with hiring manager, site interview with hiring manager and others in department. Also gave presentation

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Decided the job wasn't exciting enough

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in May 2012.

Interview Details – Ironwood is trying to launch a new drug, which still has not been approved. The interviewing process was long but expected due to pending approval. Everything was good until the panel interview. Met for 4 hours with hiring managers and a regional director. It consisted of 4, one hour interviews with 2 different managers in each room. Each room handled a different subject, such as collaboration or sales methods. Their questioning was scattered and inconsistent. Based on your answers, you were assigned a point value. If you did not accumulate enough points, you were not offered a job. It was mostly all about how well you interviewed, not your background or experience.

Interview Question – Please explain your lack of national awards.   Answer Question

Worked for Ironwood Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!