Irvine Company Apartment Communities

Updated Jul 25, 2014
Updated Jul 25, 2014

2.8

Resident Relations Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Irvine Company Apartment Communities.

I applied online on a thursday. The recruiter contacted me the next day and set me up to interview with hiring managers a week later. I knew i had bombed the interview because all the questions were situational on dealing with upset customers. I fidnt really have that many real life experiences with upset people. I guess its a big part of the job. They called me the next day and let me know they decided to go with someone else. I was bummed but will definately be trying again sometime. Seems like a good company to work for.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Irvine Company Apartment Communities.

1st interview (phone) - screening Q&A whether or not the job (and sometimes pay) will meet your work-life balance requirements.
    2nd interview (person) - work, education, internship, volunteer experience questions.
    3rd interview (person) - simple "get to know you" casual interview to see if your personality fits the part.
    4th interview (office) - after on-boarding (training at various properties to see how things work) a standard interview setting to see if you're the right fit for a community.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you FAILED to meet a customer's expectations or to deliver on something they wanted/needed.   View Answer
    I did not feel I was in a position to negotiate as I did not fully understand what was fair or unfair at the time.

Resident Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Irvine Company Apartment Communities in April 2014.

I applied for the position through their website. A couple of weeks later, I received an email with an information about an open interview day. I was first interviewed by their Talent Advisor, then the hiring manager of a specific location. the conversation lasted around 15-20 minutes with each one of them.

Interview Questions
    • What is your definition of customer service. Questions about past experience, such as "Tell me a time when you had to do a work that was not part of your job" or "tell me about a project that you did with other teams".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Irvine Company Apartment Communities in April 2014.

I applied online through the company for the position. I recieved an e-mail a couple days later telling me to come in for an initial interview. It was a big group environment so not everyone showing up was for the same position or department. I interviewed with one person. We mostly talked about my past experience in the field. They asked what the most important aspects are of sales and customer service.

I few days after that interview I was contacted to come to corporate for a second interview with 2 of the sales managers. They asked a lot of the same questions from the first interview but there was sales role playing involved. I got a call that afternoon that they were offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are the 2 most important aspects in sales? What are the 2 most important aspects of customer service? How would your current employer describe you (something to that effect)?   Answer Question
    The offer was take it or leave it. base pay was 14.50 per hour full time and benefits. I needed more than 3 weeks to leave my current position so that is why the process took so long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Irvine Company Apartment Communities in March 2014.

On-line application; phone interview with company recruiter (20 minutes); final interview with sales manager (I declined opportunity when offered final: job requires working every sat/sun with 2 days off during the week). Phone interview was very professional, very informative re. salary/job requirements and expectations (heavy sales focus). Numerous situational questions asked along with inquiries about past relevant professional experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of a time when you received criticism on the job and how you responded   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Irvine Company Apartment Communities in February 2013.

I submitted my application online. Within about 30 minutes, I received a phone call and have a quick impromptu phone interview. It went really well so the interviewer contacted the manager on site to set up an in-person interview.

The next day, I went in for an interview. I fell in love with the property and the staff - everything/everyone was amazing!

The day after my interview with the manager, I was contacted again to interview with the Regional Manager.

A couple days later I was contacted to let me know the interviews went well and they would like to hire me.

It went very smoothly and felt they were very professional throughout the process. One year later, I still love my job!

Interview Questions
    • Please give me a difficult situation with a past co-worker that you had to over-come and tell me how you over-came it.   Answer Question
    I asked to negotiate and was told my initial offer was non-negotiable.

I was given a raise within 4 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Irvine Company Apartment Communities in September 2012.

Took a long time to get the interview... Make sure your very lively on the phone and you need to be able to hold a conversation, that is the most important thing to them.

Senior Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Irvine Company Apartment Communities in September 2012.

wear black/white , get ready to be grilled and takes about 1-2 months for the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • How you will handle the crazy residents when they see their $200-$300 rent increases.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Irvine Company Apartment Communities in October 2011.

I did 4 different interviews over the course of 2-3 months. The first interview was over the phone. Then I took a personality/ competency test. Next I interviewed 3 more times. Then a month passed and finally someone calls and offers me the job. They asked me to drug test right away. From the time i drug tested to the time i started was no more than 2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Irvine Company Apartment Communities in May 2011.

3 interviews then you go through and "on-boarding" training program for 3 weeks. After which you will interview with several Community Managers until one of them selects you to work at their community. A very degrading process. It should be direct placement instead of all the hoops you must go through.

Interview Questions
    They start all leasing consultants at the entry level rate of $13 her/hour then after initial training, it's increased to $14/hr. There's no room for negotiations. Take it or leave it.