Irvine Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Irvine Company in March 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online. A week later I was invited to attend "Interview Day." I spoke to the staffing team, who recommended a phone interview instead because I would be driving from another state. A week later, an interviewer called and asked me basic information about my experience and how I would handle certain situations. She said she would share this info with the hiring manager and they would contact me if they would like to move forward. The next day, a recruiter called to give me information about the position including pay rate, rental discounts, etc. Two weeks later, the manager for the property I would be working at called to set up a face to face interview. I declined the interview and pursued another company.

Interview Question – How do you motivate your team?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Irvine Company in January 2012.

Interview Details – Polished and professional describes the company and what they expect from their employees, was my impression. I applied online and received an email inviting to sign up online for in person interview. When I tried, it said all interview slots were full. I called and they said to try again the next day. I did and got the same result. The following week they called me and scheduled the interview and followed up with an email with info about standards of dress, directions and the salary range for another position that I hadn't applied for.

There were several applicants in the waiting room that had applied for a variety of positions. The interviewer was crisp and professional. The interviewer said she was filling in for another supervisor and would be taking notes for them to review later. Read questions off a couple of pages and typed my answers into a laptop. Entire process took about 45 minutes. She said I would be contacted if I was selected and the next meeting would be at one of the properties.

One thing: She asked about salary requirements as she was showing me out. I tried to be vague-ish and said something about depending on the entire compensation package, bonuses, etc. She did say bonuses were involved (a % of salary). Just a heads up.

No offer - yet. Just interviewed in the last few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to take a customer away from a better or stronger competitor and how you did it.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you lost a customer to a competitor and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Worked for Irvine Company? Contribute to the Community!