Irvine Company Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Irvine Company.

Interview

1st interview (phone) - screening Q&A whether or not the job (and sometimes pay) will meet your work-life balance requirements. 2nd interview (person) - work, education, internship, volunteer experience questions. 3rd interview (person) - simple "get to know you" casual interview to see if your personality fits the part. 4th interview (office) - after on-boarding (training at various properties to see how things work) a standard interview setting to see if you're the right fit for a community.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you FAILED to meet a customer's expectations or to deliver on something they wanted/needed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not feel I was in a position to negotiate as I did not fully understand what was fair or unfair at the time.

Other Interview Reviews for Irvine Company

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview Lunch over a salad a large fashion center. It was only after an initial lunch 60 days before. I didn't get grilled but just a casual interview and I showed enthusiasm.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past job and experiences   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application online. A week later I was invited to attend "Interview Day." I spoke to the staffing team, who recommended a phone interview instead because I would be driving from another state. A week later, an interviewer called and asked me basic information about my experience and how I would handle certain situations. She said she would share this info with the hiring manager and they would contact me if they would like to move forward. The next day, a recruiter called to give me information about the position including pay rate, rental discounts, etc. Two weeks later, the manager for the property I would be working at called to set up a face to face interview. I declined the interview and pursued another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Polished and professional describes the company and what they expect from their employees, was my impression. I applied online and received an email inviting to sign up online for in person interview. When I tried, it said all interview slots were full. I called and they said to try again the next day. I did and got the same result. The following week they called me and scheduled the interview and followed up with an email with info about standards of dress, directions and the salary range for another position that I hadn't applied for. There were several applicants in the waiting room that had applied for a variety of positions. The interviewer was crisp and professional. The interviewer said she was filling in for another supervisor and would be taking notes for them to review later. Read questions off a couple of pages and typed my answers into a laptop. Entire process took about 45 minutes. She said I would be contacted if I was selected and the next meeting would be at one of the properties. One thing: She asked about salary requirements as she was showing me out. I tried to be vague-ish and said something about depending on the entire compensation package, bonuses, etc. She did say bonuses were involved (a % of salary). Just a heads up. No offer - yet. Just interviewed in the last few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to take a customer away from a better or stronger competitor and how you did it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you lost a customer to a competitor and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Irvine Company (Tustin, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

It was an internal job promotion that I applied for. They were interviewing 3 other candidates for the position so I had to wait for that process to be over before they offered me the job. It took about 2 weeks for them to offer me t the job.

Interview Questions

• Upon leaving my current position what changes could I suggest to improve the way the office was run currently.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Disappointing !!! I had been with the company for 6-7 years at the time and I already knew what they were paying the previous Assistant Manager. They tried low balling me with some ridiculous offer. I was insulted by it but stood my ground and finally got close to what the previous A.M. had gotten.