Irvine Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.7

Hotel Guest Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Irvine Company (Newport Beach, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I attended a job fair "hiring event" at The Resort at Pelican Hill. I was interested in finding out about a position as hotel guest concierge. That position was not available, but I was offered a job in retail sales in one of the resort properties gift shops or spa shop. The salary was about $13.50 an hour. I declined that position because I didn't think that it would provide much of a chance to grow in my career.

After speaking to the interviewer and discussing my experience with sales & providing excellent customer service, the woman suggested that I might be a good fit for a Sales Specialist position in their apartment communities. There I would be paid an hourly salary and the opportunity to earn commissions based on my ability to close a deal.

The woman I spoke with was very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. She passed my information (resume & cover letter) on to a woman from Talent Aquisition. We spoke briefly and then she set up an interview for me with Sales Managers. My appointment is this upcoming Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I felt confident that I could bring my successful sales experience to a completely different product (apartment leasing) that I had been selling for years.   1 Answer

I declined the sales associate position because it did not pay well & I would be earning more in a position that offered commission on sales ( leases).

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Irvine Company (Newport Beach, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Was emailed about phone interview, they asked questions about my past sales jobs ex0 tell about a time you stood out to your customer going above and beyond? Why Irvine Co. ? Why the Sales Specialist position? etc

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the call of duty and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Director of Maintenance Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Group/Panel of 5 associates and they each ask questions from the STAR Approach process. The whole interview lasted about one hour. As long as you prepare for the interview, you should not have any problems.

Interview Questions

• All questions were Behavioral Interview Techniques...The STAR approach   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Irvine Company in April 2015.

Interview

One phone interview before the in person interview which lasted about an hour. Two person interview both managers seemed very nice and professional. They spend most of the time writing things down so it's not as nerve wrecking. Questions were all based on the star system so practice those

14$ an hour job with bad commission structure

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Irvine Company.

Interview

It was a long drawn out process that took about a month from start to hire. I had 3 phone interviews and 2 in person interview with 6 different people. Everyone was pleasant and seemed interested in learning about me.

Interview Questions

• General questions like tell me about your experience. Have you ever encountered a disgruntled resident? If so how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Residency Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

After a volley of seven to ten emails back and forth from a number of upper level individuals in this division, it was mutually agreed upon that we would schedule an initial phone interview for approximately thirty minutes within the next five to seven days. In my case we were able to set it up within three days. This would create the foundation and first step in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• During your career with The Irvine Company, what have you found to be the most difficult feedback you have ever received by a direct superior? Additionally, how did you respond to this feedback and what actions did you take after receiving it? Be as detailed as possible with your answer.   1 Answer

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Irvine Company.

Interview

Had first and second interviews. Very standard "get to know you" questions. Third interview was difficult with the leasing managers.Wasnt offered a position but almost relieved not too. May try again in the future.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a team of X-men professionals who would you be and why   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Irvine Company.

Interview

I had 9 interviews with 6 people. Of the 6 people 2 of them were smart, the rest I really could not understand how they had the titles they did. I know this company has a good reputation, but I cannot figure out how or why... Must be resting on its laurels because it is an absolute mess now. They had some new SVP implement a very big structural change and they clearly, and I mean clearly, have no idea what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• Am I married and do I have any kids   1 Answer

Negotiation

They always low ball. Counter every time.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Irvine Company.

Interview

I was contacted by HR about a position I applied for. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. They ask very general questions, ones you would expect, such as "tell me about yourself", "why Irvine Company", "tell me about a time when you faced a challenging situation", etc. I was called a few days alter for an in-person interview with the property manager. She asked me about my leasing style, but mostly they were questions to see if I would fit in culturally. I was offered the job about a week later.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Irvine Company (Irvine, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview and then two rounds of in-person interviews with the hiring manager and then the team. Then a week goes by and I get the rejection email...no reason provided other than the standard, "decided to move forward with another candidate."

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? What skills can you bring to the table?   Answer Question