Irving Burton Associates

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
North Springfield, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Irving Burton Associates in June 2009.

Interview Details – Two members from Human Resources and two Team Leads came to interview me. I felt that they were prepared, because I saw copies of my resume with their notes. I was happy about that, because the interview should be centered on my skill set and experiences. And the interview was. Two members of each group were present. Most of the questions came from on one person from each group, so I didn’t feel overwhelmed. I figured they wanted examples of my background which I delightfully gave. I asked plenty of questions about the duties of the position also, which kept the conversation going. The entire interview process took about an hour and a half.

The interview turned sour within the last ten minutes when we started to discuss salary, I believe. I think my pay requirement was just out of range for this position. The HR person who spoke the most still asked me for my references, which I emailed her the following day. I never received a return phone call or return email letting me know if there was a “yea or nay”. I wish we would had discussed my pay requirements before I took off from work and got, fill my tank with gas, and got all dressed up for that interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your pay requirements? (Something that should had been asked prior to the interview.)   View Answer
  • Why did you join the Marines?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Irving Burton Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Irving Burton Associates interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Irving Burton Associates employees and interview candidates.