Irving Independent School District

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bilingual Teacher Interview

Bilingual Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Irving Independent School District in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed at a job fair. Initiated by an introduction from the office manager at the teacher certification school I went to with a principal she knew. Personal introduction was crucial to getting the interview as I skipped ahead of the rest of the applicants due to the introduction. I interviewed on the spot with the principal, and was questioned briefly by both assistant principals. I was immediately told I got the job. Took 2 months to get the contract signed at the admin office, but communication with the principal was regular. Advice to getting hired is know someone, without an in you are just one of hundreds of faceless applicants.

Interview Question – Describe an engaging lesson you would create and implement, and how would you incorporate higher level critical thinking in the lesson activities?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All salaries posted on website.

Administration Interview

Administration

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Irving Independent School District in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a sit down with a manager and the principal of a school. There was only one interview and it consisted of a brief personal history followed by a run through of previous jobs and how they experience from them relates to position I was applying for.

Interview Question – What is biggest weakness   View Answer

Worked for Irving Independent School District? Contribute to the Community!