Irving Independent School District Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Irving Independent School District

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Irving Independent School District.

Interview

I interviewed with the Assistant Principal at that time, Mr. James Peugh. The school had already interviewed me by phone and contacted my references, so the interview may have been more of a formality. He was really friendly. The meeting was less of an interview and more of a "here's how your first year of teaching will go" sort of conversation. I did a lot more listening than I did talking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation for this position.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Irving Independent School District (Irving, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The application is extensive. Pages and pages of questions. Then there is a very long personality profile. It was long and timed. Extensive background checks. If you make it through that then an invitation will be extended to a large group orientation. Then you start work!

Bilingual Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Irving Independent School District in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed at a job fair. Initiated by an introduction from the office manager at the teacher certification school I went to with a principal she knew. Personal introduction was crucial to getting the interview as I skipped ahead of the rest of the applicants due to the introduction. I interviewed on the spot with the principal, and was questioned briefly by both assistant principals. I was immediately told I got the job. Took 2 months to get the contract signed at the admin office, but communication with the principal was regular. Advice to getting hired is know someone, without an in you are just one of hundreds of faceless applicants.

Interview Questions

• Describe an engaging lesson you would create and implement, and how would you incorporate higher level critical thinking in the lesson activities?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. All salaries posted on website.