Interview Question

Management Trainee Interview(Student Candidate) Atlanta, GA

Is there anything you want to ask me?

Answer

Interview Answer

3 Answers

I assume that the company is in good financial condition? I already asked the team about parking, hours, ... When you plan to have someone start working?

Interview Candidate on Jan 12, 2010

You should never ask a question like this when in an interview. You should have done a little research and looked up information about the company. The annual reports are available and you can check all sorts of information that would have shown the interviewer you were interested enough to do some homework and confident in the company's financial status. Most HR managers and hiring managers are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and energetic about the job opportnity. It doesn't sound like your responses to their question about debugging met the criteria. Debugging was a symbol of other problems that you may need to work through if you get the job.

Tim on Feb 4, 2010

Tim, you are absolutely right!!! I don't know why I reacted so smugly. It was the first interview I've had in years and I didn't do it right! I should have thought of questions in advance that I might be asked and rehearsed the answers. I was very nervous. I should have shown more enthusiasm. I would have loved the job. I didn't get it.

Interview Candidate on Feb 4, 2010