Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Isis Pharmaceuticals
- Senior Scientist (1)
- Post Doctoral Fellow (1)
- Research Associate (1)
- Research Associate, Analytical Development (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Isis Pharmaceuticals (Carlsbad, CA) in March 2015.
I applied online - Looked up job through indeed.com and applied directly through ISIS Pharma website. The process took 1 month. There was a phone interview with the hiring manager - where he asked how motivated I was, why did I chose ISIS pharma, how did I chose to do a PhD and little bit about other research experiences. Most important was my experience in animal handling. Within a week I was selected for onsite interview. I met with 10 people and gave a presentation on my PhD research. After a week I was intimated of the offer.
- How comfortable was I handling mice ? 1 Answer
- No OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Isis Pharmaceuticals.
I applied online for a position, and I thought the position had been filled because it was a long time before the hiring manager contacted me. The phone interview was conversational, and the flow was easy going. The hiring manager tried to convince me how the position and the company were great. I went to an on-site interview. The meeting is mostly one-on-one interviews for 30 minute slots except for lunch which was with two people and casual. The one-on-one interviews struck me as being inefficient because everyone asked the same questions over and over. A panel interview might save time and allow everyone to hear your answers to their shared concerns. There were no substantive questions that really tested my technical abilities--just mostly questions on my prior experience. I really do not know how anyone can be chosen through this interview process since it relied mostly on how well you understood the paperwork needed at their company which is subjective to their interpretation of regulation. The interviewing process felt more like a position for clinical trials.
- Despite having taken courses and having experience with GMP/GLP, people asked me about it. I responded that I had experience and anything different from what I knew, I could learn. Mostly, I think I was not familiar with all the paperwork. The interviewers probably had a disregard for my R&D background which worked in contrast to their production environment. 1 Answer
Helpful (1)Accepted Offer
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Isis Pharmaceuticals.
Very good people, 30 minute phone interview, asked some basic biology and skills questions (PCR, Gel electrophoresis) and asked if I was interested in working with animals
- Do you have a problem with animal research? 1 Answer
Take it or leave it offer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Isis Pharmaceuticals (Carlsbad, CA) in August 2011.
I was asked to interview with 10 people , half an hour each, gave a talk and people asked me lots of difficult questions about my research. I met with team and hiring manager and went for lunch with the group.
- Are you ready for a very intense environment? 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review