Island Hospitality

Very Easy Interview

Night Audit Interview

Night Audit
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Island Hospitality in December 2011.

Interview Details – Very Quick and simple, they already knew they were going to hire me. Almost like they were desperate. Hired on the spot. Had to take a drug test the same day, but it was the weekend, so ended up taking it that following monday. Started working before the test was approved.

Interview Question – Non really, just a long conversation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay started low, then matched my previous job pay, then was offered the most they could offer me,

Very Difficult Interview

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Island Hospitality.

Interview Details – You will go through a series of interviews. The first one will be a phone interview with a regional manager. You are then required to take a test and answer lengthy questions...If you pass the test/questions you will then move on to the in person interview with another manager. Before you are hired you must talk to the company president Tim Walker. He will make the final decision if you are a right fit for the company. Then you will take a drug test and also go through a background test.

Interview Question – how extensive my knowledge is in dealing with P&L,as most of my job was following budget and trying to achieve the highest profit margins.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Cherry Hill, NJ

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Island Hospitality in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was first contacted to arrange a phone interview via email. The phone interview consisted of questions about desired salary, why I wanted the job. During the phone interview, a group/panel interview time was arranged. I was then instructed to complete an online personality test.
The group interview was with the hotel GM, and the Area Director of Sales. There was not a lot of questions, mostly the two discussing the position, and me trying to get a chance to speak without interrupting them. I was not chosen and had to ask for the decision. This was part of the email i received informing me that I wasn't chosen.

"your laid back approach with us really didn't make me think you truly wanted the position (even your e-mail below ending, no worries). There were also some comments/phrases that you made during our time together that really took me by surprised making it seem like the job was going to be too easy for you and sales was just something you had to do and not wanted to do"

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

GSR Interview

GSR
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Island Hospitality in May 2010.

Interview Details – Friendly environment. Interviewed in the restaurant / lounge area. I was offered a beverage before sitting down with the manager. Interview went on for about 30min.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set Salary. No Negotiation.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Island Hospitality in January 2008.

Interview Details – First I was called for a pre phone interview to ask about basic qualifications. A second more in depth phone interview regarding specifics about hotels. The third interview was face to face with the Director of Sales and finally a fourth would be with the General Manager and Regional as well.

Interview Question – If you were to leave your job after just a year, what would say about your personality?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Island Hospitality in August 2010.

Interview Details – Great staff. Hiring manager was very upfront.

Interview Question – Three Qualities?   Answer Question

Worked for Island Hospitality? Contribute to the Community!