Island Hospitality Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015

Revenue Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Island Hospitality.

Interview

Applied through Hcareers.com, got an email request for a phone interview which covered several subjects related to revenue management and the hospitality industry in general. The interviewer was very understanding and made the process very easy.

Interview Questions

• If you are well prepared and has been a part of the hospitality industry you should be able to answer all the questions asked.   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Island Hospitality (Denver, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

You speak to the GM, and then take a online assessment test. Then if they want, they have you speak to the Regional and then corporate.

Interview Questions

• They ask if you know how to read a STAR report.   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Island Hospitality.

Interview

You will go through a series of interviews. The first one will be a phone interview with a regional manager. You are then required to take a test and answer lengthy questions...If you pass the test/questions you will then move on to the in person interview with another manager. Before you are hired you must talk to the company president Tim Walker. He will make the final decision if you are a right fit for the company. Then you will take a drug test and also go through a background test.

Interview Questions

• how extensive my knowledge is in dealing with P&L,as most of my job was following budget and trying to achieve the highest profit margins.   Answer Question

Night Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Island Hospitality (Washington, DC) in December 2011.

Interview

Very Quick and simple, they already knew they were going to hire me. Almost like they were desperate. Hired on the spot. Had to take a drug test the same day, but it was the weekend, so ended up taking it that following monday. Started working before the test was approved.

Interview Questions

• Non really, just a long conversation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay started low, then matched my previous job pay, then was offered the most they could offer me,

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Island Hospitality (Cherry Hill, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

I was first contacted to arrange a phone interview via email. The phone interview consisted of questions about desired salary, why I wanted the job. During the phone interview, a group/panel interview time was arranged. I was then instructed to complete an online personality test.
    The group interview was with the hotel GM, and the Area Director of Sales. There was not a lot of questions, mostly the two discussing the position, and me trying to get a chance to speak without interrupting them. I was not chosen and had to ask for the decision. This was part of the email i received informing me that I wasn't chosen.

"your laid back approach with us really didn't make me think you truly wanted the position (even your e-mail below ending, no worries). There were also some comments/phrases that you made during our time together that really took me by surprised making it seem like the job was going to be too easy for you and sales was just something you had to do and not wanted to do"

GSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Island Hospitality (Boston, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

Friendly environment. Interviewed in the restaurant / lounge area. I was offered a beverage before sitting down with the manager. Interview went on for about 30min.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set Salary. No Negotiation.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Island Hospitality (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

First I was called for a pre phone interview to ask about basic qualifications. A second more in depth phone interview regarding specifics about hotels. The third interview was face to face with the Director of Sales and finally a fourth would be with the General Manager and Regional as well.

Interview Questions

• If you were to leave your job after just a year, what would say about your personality?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Island Hospitality in August 2010.

Interview

Great staff. Hiring manager was very upfront.