Islands Restaurants Hourly Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Islands Restaurants

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Hourly Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Islands Restaurants in June 2012.

I went in dressed in a white button-down shirt (1/2 sleeves), black pants, and black flats. I asked the host for an application, filled it out, and asked to speak with a manager when I turned it in. The manager came out, took a look at my application, and asked me two questions:

"What do you do in your spare time?"
"What's your favorite restaurant?"

I answered honestly as if I was making small talk with another person, and I think I kind of forgot to gear my answers toward the business. The manager said that if I didn't get a call in two days, they probably weren't hiring. Considering how nervous I was (first interview ever!) and how I answered the questions, I knew right then and there that I blew it. Oh, well. Now I know better for next time.