Isobar US Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014
Updated Jul 27, 2014
8 interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Isobar US in June 2014.

After applying online, I got an email about phone screen interview. and it took less than half an hour. In the interview I was asked about my previous projects work. Then he asked me how to search for an element in an array. When I told him we can use binary search tree and find it in O(log n), he didn't like my answer and and he mentioned that using hashing will help finding the element in constant time.

Interview Questions
    • how to search for an element in an array.   View Answer

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Isobar US in June 2013.

First made contact during an on-campus career fair, was then contacted by HR months later and went in for an in-person interview.

First met with my HR contact, then two other designers who currently worked for the company. One was very nice but the interview was very short, he didn't really have much to say or ask me about. The second designer didn't smile once throughout the interview and seemed very disinterested in the process. He did not make the job seem appealing and basically told me I would just be doing grunt work for the more senior designers. He also emphasized that they work long hours and often stay at the office very late, which did not appeal to me. I really heard no positive things about working at Roundarch from him, even when I asked what he liked most about working there.

Then I was taken out to lunch by some of the employees in different departments, and that was absolutely lovely. They were the exact opposite of what I had encountered in the interviews, friendly and very interested in getting to know me. Unfortunately, none of them worked in the department I was looking to work in.

Also, when I first began talking with them, I was told that I would be considered for positions in Boston, Chicago, and New York but the interview would be in New York regardless. They asked me my location preferences would be and I told them I would prefer either Boston or Chicago. However, when I went to the interview, I found out I was only being considered for a position in New York, which was very disappointing and made me lose interest in the company.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, it was more unexpected that I was barely asked any questions and felt like I had to carry the interview on my own without being asked anything.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Watertown, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Isobar US.

After and employee referral I was contacted by hiring recruiter and we spoke several times and it became apparent that they were interested in me but didn't know where exactly to fit me in. Came in for an interview and met with recruiter and 2 employees each for about 45 minutes. The first employee I met with seemed to not have the time or inclination to speak with me and cut the interview short. The 2nd employee was much more thorough and interested in placing me somewhere where I would have the most success.
    I came in for a 2nd interview and met with 2 different employees each for 45 minutes. The 2nd employee I met with was very thorough and we went through a simulated scoping and planning exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. I was the one asking most of the questions.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a higher title and salary than what they wanted to give me. It took a bit of back and forth but with all the earlier confusion of where they wanted to place me it worked out.

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Isobar US in September 2011.

I spoke to the director on the phone first and then went in to interview with 3 software architects and one director. One of them grilled me with very specific technical questions. The director asked me to present a topic of my choice. The other 2 engineers just asked me general technical and organizational skills.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the architecture of the latest product you worked on.   Answer Question
    I declined the initial offer and they came back with a slightly higher one.

User Experience Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Isobar US in August 2009.

I had previously worked as contractor with Roundarch, therefore the interviewing process was easier for me than for most new people looking to come into the company. Overall, they were very thorough and prompt in providing an initial offer, and responding to my counter offer. They were by far the provided the most professional and detailed employment package. The people who work there are extremely focuses, professional and overall dedicated group of brilliant individuals.

Very professional with the negotiations. They were prompt in coming back with an offer, and flexible with start dates.

Flex Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Isobar US in April 2010.

They flew me out to NYC and put me up in the Eurostar Hotel on Wall Street. The interview was the next day and it was two one-on-one interviews followed by lunch, then a Q&A with some of the other candidates and a VP. The interview went over some basic CS concepts (polymorphism, etc) then went into Flex specifics - binding, process flow, the 'elastic racetrack'. I'm self-taught through experience so I hadn't known some of answers and actually came out of it knowing more than I went in. It was a very relaxed atmosphere throughout though.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the rendering process and event cycle.   View Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Isobar US.

I submitted my application through my school's career services, then I was selected for an interview. The interview was an hour long, and required answering a few personal questions (e.g. favorite movie or book) and then answering puzzle questions (e.g. you are a pirate, how do you best distribute gold amongst you and your crew such that you keep as much as posssible and you keep them from revolting).

Interview Questions
    • How do you redesign the nutrition facts section of a cereal bar such that it would best highlight the positive health benefits of the bar?   Answer Question

Consultant Level One Interview

The interview process was good. You have enough time to present your ideas and to discuss with interviewers.

Interview Questions

Worked for Isobar US? Contribute to the Community!