Isobar US

Isobar US Interview Questions in New York City, NY

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Isobar US in June 2013.

First made contact during an on-campus career fair, was then contacted by HR months later and went in for an in-person interview.

First met with my HR contact, then two other designers who currently worked for the company. One was very nice but the interview was very short, he didn't really have much to say or ask me about. The second designer didn't smile once throughout the interview and seemed very disinterested in the process. He did not make the job seem appealing and basically told me I would just be doing grunt work for the more senior designers. He also emphasized that they work long hours and often stay at the office very late, which did not appeal to me. I really heard no positive things about working at Roundarch from him, even when I asked what he liked most about working there.

Then I was taken out to lunch by some of the employees in different departments, and that was absolutely lovely. They were the exact opposite of what I had encountered in the interviews, friendly and very interested in getting to know me. Unfortunately, none of them worked in the department I was looking to work in.

Also, when I first began talking with them, I was told that I would be considered for positions in Boston, Chicago, and New York but the interview would be in New York regardless. They asked me my location preferences would be and I told them I would prefer either Boston or Chicago. However, when I went to the interview, I found out I was only being considered for a position in New York, which was very disappointing and made me lose interest in the company.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, it was more unexpected that I was barely asked any questions and felt like I had to carry the interview on my own without being asked anything.   Answer Question

Flex Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Isobar US in April 2010.

They flew me out to NYC and put me up in the Eurostar Hotel on Wall Street. The interview was the next day and it was two one-on-one interviews followed by lunch, then a Q&A with some of the other candidates and a VP. The interview went over some basic CS concepts (polymorphism, etc) then went into Flex specifics - binding, process flow, the 'elastic racetrack'. I'm self-taught through experience so I hadn't known some of answers and actually came out of it knowing more than I went in. It was a very relaxed atmosphere throughout though.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the rendering process and event cycle.   View Answer

User Experience Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Isobar US in August 2009.

I had previously worked as contractor with Roundarch, therefore the interviewing process was easier for me than for most new people looking to come into the company. Overall, they were very thorough and prompt in providing an initial offer, and responding to my counter offer. They were by far the provided the most professional and detailed employment package. The people who work there are extremely focuses, professional and overall dedicated group of brilliant individuals.

Very professional with the negotiations. They were prompt in coming back with an offer, and flexible with start dates.