It's A Grind

Relevance Date Difficulty

Shift Leader Interview

Shift Leader
Palmdale, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at It's A Grind in April 2010.

Interview Details – Easy. The owners of the business were nice people. Salt of the earth kind of people, who put faith in this company.

Interview Question – "Do you like coffee?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple. Show up at "x" time and work 'til "x". Do it again the next day.

Barista
Keller, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at It's A Grind.

Interview Details – The store was just opening up in Keller. I saw the AD in the paper and contacted the owner to set up an interview. It was very easy-going and relaxed, which I liked. I heard back from the owner shortly after that and came in for training with all the other new employees. It was fun and exciting. Learning the recipes was easy!

Barista
Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at It's A Grind in February 2011.

Interview Details – There was one easy interview with the manager. There was a lot of emphasis on suggestive selling to customers. There were a lot of standard questions such as, "What makes you different from twenty other people?"

Interview Question – "Describe a situation in which you had a difficult time with a supervisor."   View Answer

Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at It's A Grind in March 2008.

Interview Details – The owner was extremely nice, asked me a few questions and hired me on the spot

Interview Question – What experience do you have that is relevant to making coffee?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Barista Interview

Interview Details – new a former employee, got interviewed and was tested on the drink menu

Interview Question – What would you do when there is a difficult customer?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for It's A Grind? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at It's A Grind interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by It's A Grind employees and interview candidates.