Italy-America Chamber of Commerce

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Italy-America Chamber of Commerce in February 2010.

In the beginning I contacted the organization through the carreer service of my university. They arranged the phone interview on my behalf. They sent to the organization CVs of possible candidates and then they would have called the ones with the best background/matching profiles.
After some weeks I was called for a phone interview. Firstly, they ask me about my background and past experiences in a general way. Then they focus specifically on my import/export related experiences asking further details on the companies for which I used to work. Eventually they asked me to motivate my candidature for the position, keeping on asking "why we should hire you?" in a quite insistent manner. Although the speaker seemed to be a bit annoyed by my replies I did not discourage myself and I kept a very self confident attitude. In my opinion, this was an attempt to test my patience. So, I remained calm and eventually it worked and I got the job. The interviewer appeared as a very confident person, even arrogant sometimes. I have to admit that, once I got to know him better, my initial feelings turned out to be perfectly right.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your background....   View Answer
  • Do you think that import/export activities are fundamental to a country to flourish. Why? Can you make an example?   Answer Question
I wasn't able to negotiate at all. Not even the starting date. It was a "take it or leave it" offer.

Worked for Italy-America Chamber of Commerce? Contribute to the Community!