Ithaca College

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.8

Psychologist Interview

Comprehensive interviewing, general approach was finding the best person to serve the client population. Met all the relevant stakeholders, spend a full day and night in the process. Also communicated a sense of the environment and place. Very friendly and open. Relevant questions, appropriate inquiry into what I brought to the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would be my greatest limitations in fulfilling the job.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ithaca College.

Took about one month to hear anything about the position, was e-mailed by the person I would be working directly for, had a 90 minute written exercise, then a 30 minute phone interview, an in person interview with HR, and in person interviews with 5 constituents.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the in person interviews were more of "conversations" rather than the standard interview questions. There were definitely lulls in the conversations that proved to be difficult to recover from at times.   Answer Question

Coordinator of the OAL ISP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ithaca College in August 2010.

The hiring process was an internet application which followed with a phone interview. It was at two phone call interview which also included a meeting to check off my skill sets for the job.

Interview Questions
    • How my amount of experience would give me the edge over other individuals experience?   View Answer
    I had no negotiation phase because of the new job and how it had just been established.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ithaca College in January 2010.

Minimal interview - just brief meeting; think hiring supervisor's boss had already decided to hire me for a temp position and wanted me to meet hiring supervisor to make it official.

Interview Questions
    • don't remember any specific questions -- interview as such was pretty perfunctory   Answer Question
    N/A - no negotiation possible; was unemployed at the time and not in much of a position to push it.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ithaca College in November 2009.

They are going to put flyers throughout campus about information sessions. Attend one then they will give out information for application process.
    After applying, qualified candidates will be invited to individual interview with one current RA and one RD. Questions are mostly behavioral questions to see how you manage with dealing people. Prepare to provide specific examples of dealing with difficult types of people, how you manage your stress and time. After that, candidates will be invited to the group process that is about 3hour long. You will get a chance to express your thought and show RAs and RD how you interact with others.

Interview Questions
    • Not too many surprising questions. But "Why do we have to hire you?" questions might be hard.   View Answer