Itron Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.9

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seneca, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Itron (Seneca, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

I went through a staffing agency called Phillips Staffing in Seneca SC, got an interview, and went to orientation for Itron about a week afterwards. We watched a safety video and took a short safety quiz that was very simple. Before we were free to go we had to schedule time to take another test at Itron. I scored a 96% on the test and started training the following Friday. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• If you google common interview questions then you'll probably find the kind of questions they typically ask in the initial interview.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Itron (Liberty Lake, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I only made it to the 1st interview which was via phone. I was contacted the day after applying via the career portal. Interview started with a description of the role, followed by questions surrounding my background, experience, etc. Interview in total went well, lasted 40 min. Recruiter told me she would get in contact with me for next steps either later that day or the next day. The recruiter not only didn't get back to me, but didn't respond to two follow up messages. The company didn't even send me a canned rejection email (which I would have been happy with). This experience gave me an indication of what broader issues this company likely has inside its house. I am thrilled nothing panned out with Itron.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you experienced at work and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Itron.

Interview

You have to schedule an appointment for an interview. A decent resume and being confident for your skills is enough. Only had to crack an on campus interview. Simple programming questions were asked and some basic behavioral questions. After the interview, within a week they call you and let you know if you are in.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Itron.

Interview

I applied online after a career fair at my school and was contacted 2 weeks later for a phone screening. A week after the phone screening, they scheduled another phone interview with the hiring manager. After another week, I was asked for an on-site interview. I was offered a the position a week after my on site interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would handle a situation where I did not know how to troubleshoot a problem and I was alone.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Itron.

Interview

2 Phone interview and one technical face to face interview. First interview with HR. Second interview with Hiring Manager. Face to Face interview was with Hiring Manager and team member.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Itron (Liberty Lake, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight-forward. Phone interview, then an on-site interview. After the interview, I sent my thank you e-mails and they responded that they'd have a decision soon. I didn't hear anything after a couple of weeks, so I called the HR rep, who said she'd check into it and call me back, but never did. They never got back to me. No call, no e-mail. Pretty low.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Itron.

Interview

I first spoke with an HR representative, who gave me a phone interview. A week later I was invited for an on site interview. I was informed that I was competing with three other individuals for the position. A week after the initial on site interview I was invited for a second interview. The phone interview consisted of some basic questions about work ethic, personality, and my resume. Both on site interviews were very in debt, to a point where I was glad I studied. Many questions about regarding six sigma processes, RF signals, and general failure analysis.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difficulties and advantages of pursuing six sigma levels of production. Why is six sigma so important? Why not settle for 4 or 3 sigma   1 Answer

Technical Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Itron (Spokane, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very simple questions. Questions were asked pertaining to the position. Gave good eye contact. Was friendly and explained all of which the job entailed. This was a while ago. They ask questions that are not hard and one should know when applying to a position they think that they are qualified for. Be a positive person and let your personality shine.

Interview Questions

• I could not remember the interview questions. This was a very long time ago almost a year. Prepare for an interview like any other interview. Read about the company and what the job entails. You can find a lot about a company going online and googling things.   Answer Question

Associate SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Itron (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the Associate SQA Engineering position and got a call from the Hiring Manager to set up the Phone interview. They just called me at my mobile number at the actual time. Then i gave the phone interview. It takes for a two weeks to get response back. I got confused while giving interview and got email saying sorry.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty Lake, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Itron (Liberty Lake, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone and in person interview went well. The phone interview was one hour long and consisted of basic CS101 questions and a review of my resume. The in person interview consisted of more resume review and a technical problem to solve on a whiteboard. Technical team was helpful during the process. I floundered a bit on the question, until i figured out it was a trick question. I was told verbally that I was going to get an offer, a week went by and I recieved no offer. I called and was told that they selected another candidate, lame. Could have at least called me or notified me in person. Poor HR practices.