Itron

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Test Engineer Interview

Associate Test Engineer

I applied in-person and interviewed at Itron.

Interview Details – I first spoke with an HR representative, who gave me a phone interview. A week later I was invited for an on site interview. I was informed that I was competing with three other individuals for the position. A week after the initial on site interview I was invited for a second interview. The phone interview consisted of some basic questions about work ethic, personality, and my resume. Both on site interviews were very in debt, to a point where I was glad I studied. Many questions about regarding six sigma processes, RF signals, and general failure analysis.

Interview Question – Explain the difficulties and advantages of pursuing six sigma levels of production. Why is six sigma so important? Why not settle for 4 or 3 sigma   View Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Itron in August 2010.

Interview Details – Extensive process. I interviewed with my direct manager, business unit's leadership team (VP and Senior Director), 2 peers in business unit, 1 VP in corporate marketing, and employee that I would manage

Interview Question – Walk me through development of a product pitch   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a little on salary, title and vacation time.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Itron in July 2011.

Interview Details – Overall good experience, but a little to "democratic". I interviewed with 6-7 people and process dragged on for 2 months.

Interview Question – Walk through a hypothetical customer meeting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fairly quick and positive give and take.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Senior Business Consultant
San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Itron in February 2010.

Interview Details – Smooth and quick

Interview Question – all reasonable question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Jackson, MS

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Itron in April 2011.

Interview Details – Wonderful to interview with a group that has a mission.

Interview Question – What is most difficult job and what I did to resolve the problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Slow be patient.

Very Easy Interview

Programmer/Systems Analyst Interview

Programmer/Systems Analyst
West Union, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Itron in June 2011.

Interview Details – You will speak to an HR representative. Throughout the day you will meet all managers for department you will work for. You will have lunch with the last manager you've last before lunch. If time permits you will tour the manufacture. If you are hired you receive a letter in the mail in a few days no more than a week later.

Interview Question – How are your skills going to contribute to continue the company's growth.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Liberty Lake, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Itron in August 2009.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews followed by in-person interviews with a group of employees and 1-on-1 with hiring manager.

Interview Question – Use information provided to create a writing sample.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy negotiating process which took place over the phone.

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Liberty Lake, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Itron in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone and in person interview went well. The phone interview was one hour long and consisted of basic CS101 questions and a review of my resume. The in person interview consisted of more resume review and a technical problem to solve on a whiteboard. Technical team was helpful during the process. I floundered a bit on the question, until i figured out it was a trick question. I was told verbally that I was going to get an offer, a week went by and I recieved no offer. I called and was told that they selected another candidate, lame. Could have at least called me or notified me in person. Poor HR practices.

Interview Question – trick question during interview process.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Marketing Interview

Senior Manager, Marketing
Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Itron in August 2010.

Interview Details – Somewhat haphazard but very thorough. First time I'd ever done a 360 degree interview, manager, VP, peers, peers in other departments, and my team. So it took 4+ weeks.

Interview Question – How did you take a technology oriented pitch and turn it into a broader solution proposition?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple. 2 rounds to in crease comp 10% and title.

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Spokane, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Itron in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online for the role. was contacted to schedule a phone screening with HR. this was one of the best phone screenings with HR if not the best phone screening with HR that ive ever had. very upbeat, informative, encouraging, up front and he stuck to the deadlines and response times set throughout the process. well too bad the HR rep wasnt the hiring manager. i then had a phone screening with the hiring manager. he was so combative. i felt so uncomfortable speaking to him but looking to remain professional i hung in their instead of hanging up midway throughout the call. he insisted that he wanted to speak to many more candidate and i was probably not the ideal candidate. thanks i thought. i wrote it off within the first few minutes of the phone call. a few weeks later i had accepted another role and low and behold i get a call that the hiring manager wanted to meet in person...

Interview Question – why is your motivation for the role?
why did you leave your last role?
tell me about a time when....
  Answer Question

Worked for Itron? Contribute to the Community!