Ivie Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2014
Updated Jun 18, 2014

2.1

N/A Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ivie.

Discussed background, info and the overall role and what the goals are. Discussed insurance and coverage and annual reviews, where I wanted my career path to go in a year or 2.

Interview Questions
    I was told that I don't care if you have a Masters Degree you cant ask for more money.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Ivie in August 2013.

I had both a phone and in-person interview.
    I felt in the Portland, Oregon location they really want a Production Artist.
    The job description was deceiving as you would not be designing corporate collateral at all.
    What you would do is production work for Albertsons store circulars. Not what a creative is wanting to design.

Interview Questions
    • Have you done any catalogs? Any projects that are boring?   View Answer

Like I said I enjoy a variety of creative projects and this position did not offer that.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ivie in October 2011.

Applied via Linked-in, and received a call from the person who would be my manager. Had 2 phone interviews with a manager and supervisor, some combination of my direct leadership. A couple weeks later I was flown for a day to their HQ, even though this role would be located at a client location. It was some associate appreciation day so everyone was in jeans, and they had instructed me to come business casual and I did - khaki skirt, flats, blouse. Had a series of 4 interviews with senior media, marketing leadership, CEOs offspring, and the manager/supervisor from the phone interviews. A full day, flown back in the afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle difficult clients/ reps?
      They laid out a scenario that had actually happened just the previous week with the marketing manager of their client going bananas because the UPS/Fedex guy decided delivered POP/marketing packages to an old retail site, instead of the new grand opening retail site - as addressed on the manifest - while en route. Retail associates contacted corporate - i.e. marketing manager, and she was beating a dead horse since the problem was simply pick it up, drive it across town.
        View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bentonville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ivie in June 2012.

My hiring process spanned 8 weeks. Ivie can't hire anyone until the client approves the position. They are a staffing agency, not a marketing company. They string you along until they get a contract from the client.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very difficult. They are basically making sure you are literate and moderately educated. The hiring managers are not very engaged in the process.   Answer Question
    Ivie rarely negotiates. Nor do they perform drug tests, background checks, or previous employment verifications. Perfect for those with a less than ideal background. Rule #1: get what you want at the beginning. Raises are rare and modest. The annual bonus is 3% of base salary so you might hold off on buying that ski boat.

Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flower Mound, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ivie in April 2013.

I had a very productive phone interview-short enough, long enough, great information, great questions. It took about a week for them to get back with me about the position, which is half the time any other company has taken in my experience. Overall, the process was quick, painless and I learned a lot about the company that helped when I started.

Interview Questions
    • I was a little taken back when they asked me where I wanted to see Ivie in 5 years. I knew nothing about the company by that point in the call, and I was afraid they would already have what I said; but she nudged me into the right mindset and it was cool to brainstorm with her before I even got there.   Answer Question
    I did not do much negotiating-it was my first interview ever. If you find an opportunity to negotiate, even if youre a newbie, take it. If they don't give in, you know their resolve, If they do, you'll know how much they are willing to work with you.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ivie in March 2013.

1 phone call with basic questions. 2 face to face interviews with standard questions. Nothing hard. No test.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any "hard" questions. It was a very relaxed process.   Answer Question
    They sent me a generous offer and I accepted.

Broadcast Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flower Mound, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Ivie.

I found the job online and filled out an application. I was then contacted by the HR department via e-mail to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was just like any other phone interview, at the end I was asked to set up a face-to-face interview with the supervisor I'd be working for. This interview was just average, explained benefits, the position, salary, etc. At the end I asked what would be the next step- being assertive. Stated they weren't sure when they would be hiring for the position, but they would keep me posted. I sent a follow-up and didn't hear anything back for two weeks. So I e-mailed the HR lady, she stated I was a top candidate and they aren't sure when they would be hiring but they'd let me know in a couple weeks. I e-mailed a couple weeks later both the HR lady and the supervisor- I heard nothing from either of them. It would have been great just to receive a template saying "sorry." It was just very disappointing.

Print Buyer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ivie.

Informal, 2 back to back 1:1 interviews

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider your strengths and weaknesses to be?   Answer Question

Worked for Ivie? Contribute to the Community!