Ivy Asset Management Risk Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jericho, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jericho, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Ivy Asset Management in March 2009.

I first met with an HR representative that went through my resume asking me about each piece of experience listed on it. The rep did not hesitate to ask personality questions such as "What was the most important thing you learned at ___" and "What was your favorite and least favorite thing about working at ___."
That interview proceeded directly to meeting with a team member who I would potentially be working with. He clearly explained the position, what he has been working on recently and what he needed from the right candidate (technical skill set, commitment, what I would be doing, who I would be working with and on what, what job specific education would be provided to help me get acquainted, and other information. He was very open to questions and made everything clear).
There was a little bit of a skills test -- he asked me what would be a way to trade options to gain from an increase in volatility and then explain what risks are associated with the spread. Also there were questions, although not too specific, about how to use the systems they used to get the job done. Lastly, he asked about my background and how I learned the skills necessary and to what capacity I knew them.
Then I interviewed with the VP of the department. Since I would not be working with him directly, he wasn't as interested in my technical skills, but more so with me as a person. He reiterated the position to me to make sure I clearly understood what it was and gave me a little more background about the group (because he had been there longer).
Altogether, the interviews took 1.5 hours (with only minimal wait times). Everyone was very professional and courteous. One can get a good feel of the workplace after stepping in and being there for a little bit. It's quiet, clean, young and lively. Everyone seems to be focused on their work but are still very conscious of the people around them and do have conversations away from their desks.

Interview Questions
  • Please tell me what your favorite and least favorite aspects of your job at ___ were.   Answer Question
  • If someone was going to trade an option based on an increase in volatility, how would he do that? What would the other risks associated with the position be?   View Answers (2)
Negotiation phase to come

Worked for Ivy Asset Management? Contribute to the Community!