Ivy Insiders

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Wellesley, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ivy Insiders.

Interview Details – I first became aware of Ivy Insiders when the company recruited directly on my campus. The initial application for an interview was fairly straightforward, asking for leadership experience and testing your interest in the SAT test prep industry.

The interview itself was very straightforward. I met with Nick Green, who was the CEO of Ivy Insiders prior to its merge with Revolutionary Prep. (I didn't know that at the time) He introduced himself, asked me to describe myself, asked some specific question regarding leadership opportunities on some specific experiences, and asked me why I wanted to be a Branch Manager. Overall the atmosphere was relaxe and he was very friendly, and I felt that I did well. I received an offer in the following week, which was within the time frame he gave me.

Interview Question – There wasn't really any, it was for the most part a behavioral interview so I felt like they just wanted to make sure as an applicant you are approachable and engages with strangers easily (since you do so much of that on your job!)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, since your earning is dependent purely on your revenue, there was no set hourly salary.

Tutor Interview

Tutor
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ivy Insiders in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the manager and told that he was interested in my resume. I came in and they told me to teach a short section of the SATs to him while he stayed there listening. It wasn't anything super exciting, but a general tutoring interview.
They also spent some time asking about availability.

Interview Question – Teach (hard math problem) to me.   Answer Question

Branch Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ivy Insiders.

Interview Details – First had interview with one of two main recruiters, didn't talk about SAT scores at all but instead about market for SAT courses in hometown, mentioned teaching experience, then had interview with local manager, whose focus was how we would do marketing and reach out to students about the course

Interview Question – What outlets would you use to promote your branch?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Ivy Insiders

Interview Details – through career center at university

Interview Question – basic behavioral questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at Ivy Insiders

Interview Details – They sent out a message over many email lists, and I applied by submitting a couple essay questions and attaching my resume. I received an interview, which was nearby in an inn. It was relatively quick and they mostly just asked similar things to the essay questions, such as if I had a bunch of contacts in the community and if I was in community groups (i.e., sports, bands, clubs, activities, etc.).

Interview Question – How might you leverage your contacts in your community to make sales?   Answer Question

Summer Branch Manager Interview

Summer Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ivy Insiders.

Interview Details – I signed up for a short interview slot. It was pretty straightforward. I was expecting a real interview, but it seemed that they were mostly just trying to gauge how interested I was in the position and see how well I communicate in person. The company offers a training session, so I don't think there are really too many qualifications that need to be proved.

Interview Question – What are you ideas for marketing a branch in your hometown?   Answer Question

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ivy Insiders in March 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview was 1 on 1 and lasted 15 minutes. I was asked to describe what attracted me to the position, what would make me a good candidate, what my hardest challenge has been, and to discuss some things on my resume. The second interview was over the phone and simply consisted of listing different contacts and networks in my area that would help me be a branch manager, and was also a test of how well I got along with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Branch Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ivy Insiders in April 2012.

Interview Details – Nothing challenging, just a couple of typical questions.

Interview Question – Who would you reach out to first as Branch Manager?   Answer Question

Branch Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Ivy Insiders in April 2010.

Interview Details – Behavioral questions
Asked about my local high school and potential location for a branch

Interview Question – Why would we need another branch in [city]?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ivy Insiders? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ivy Insiders interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ivy Insiders employees and interview candidates.