Ivy Insiders Interview Questions

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ivy Insiders

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ivy Insiders.

Interview

I applied through my university, and I interviewed at the career services office. Ivy Insiders was interviewing several students on campus. The interview was pretty short, about 20 minutes. The interviewer asked about my interest in the position and gauged my ability to handle sales and marketing. He explained that this was primarily a sales job, rather than a teaching position, which is why I ultimately declined their offer.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any tough questions! It felt more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ivy Insiders (Wellesley, MA).

Interview

I first became aware of Ivy Insiders when the company recruited directly on my campus. The initial application for an interview was fairly straightforward, asking for leadership experience and testing your interest in the SAT test prep industry. The interview itself was very straightforward. I met with Nick Green, who was the CEO of Ivy Insiders prior to its merge with Revolutionary Prep. (I didn't know that at the time) He introduced himself, asked me to describe myself, asked some specific question regarding leadership opportunities on some specific experiences, and asked me why I wanted to be a Branch Manager. Overall the atmosphere was relaxe and he was very friendly, and I felt that I did well. I received an offer in the following week, which was within the time frame he gave me.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any, it was for the most part a behavioral interview so I felt like they just wanted to make sure as an applicant you are approachable and engages with strangers easily (since you do so much of that on your job!)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, since your earning is dependent purely on your revenue, there was no set hourly salary.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ivy Insiders (San Jose, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by the manager and told that he was interested in my resume. I came in and they told me to teach a short section of the SATs to him while he stayed there listening. It wasn't anything super exciting, but a general tutoring interview. They also spent some time asking about availability.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ivy Insiders.

Interview

First had interview with one of two main recruiters, didn't talk about SAT scores at all but instead about market for SAT courses in hometown, mentioned teaching experience, then had interview with local manager, whose focus was how we would do marketing and reach out to students about the course

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

through career center at university

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

They sent out a message over many email lists, and I applied by submitting a couple essay questions and attaching my resume. I received an interview, which was nearby in an inn. It was relatively quick and they mostly just asked similar things to the essay questions, such as if I had a bunch of contacts in the community and if I was in community groups (i.e., sports, bands, clubs, activities, etc.).

Interview Questions

• How might you leverage your contacts in your community to make sales?   Answer Question

Summer Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ivy Insiders.

Interview

I signed up for a short interview slot. It was pretty straightforward. I was expecting a real interview, but it seemed that they were mostly just trying to gauge how interested I was in the position and see how well I communicate in person. The company offers a training session, so I don't think there are really too many qualifications that need to be proved.

Interview Questions

• What are you ideas for marketing a branch in your hometown?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ivy Insiders in April 2012.

Interview

Nothing challenging, just a couple of typical questions.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ivy Insiders in March 2012.

Interview

The first interview was 1 on 1 and lasted 15 minutes. I was asked to describe what attracted me to the position, what would make me a good candidate, what my hardest challenge has been, and to discuss some things on my resume. The second interview was over the phone and simply consisted of listing different contacts and networks in my area that would help me be a branch manager, and was also a test of how well I got along with the interviewer.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ivy Insiders in April 2010.

Interview

Behavioral questions Asked about my local high school and potential location for a branch