Ivy Tech Community College

Updated Jan 9, 2015
Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.4

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ivy Tech Community College.

Considerate questions and insightful explanations of job requirements. Honest assessment of workload. Gave a chance to ask questions. Job not guaranteed for long-term. Showed explanation of job. Eventually, the job may be gone due to fund limitations.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be available at a variety of times? Are you able to do extensive data entry?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ivy Tech Community College in August 2014.

I was contacted for an interview 1 week after I applied. The first interview was a panel interview consisting of 4 people. They each asked about 2 questions. Luckily, I was very prepared. They asked mostly situational questions. It lasted about half an hour.

I was called the next day for the second round interview. This interview was with 2 people. They asked more situational questions and questions relating more to the position.

Interview Questions
    • If they made a movie about your life, who would play you and what would the title be?   Answer Question

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Ivy Tech Community College.

The interview was relaxed. There was a panel of four managers asking questions regarding the position and how my experience related. They let me know what to expect after the interview. Three weeks after the first interview, I was invited to interview with the Chancellor. He made the offer during the second interview.

Interview Questions
    There was little negotiating. The pay was non negotiable. They were flexible on start date.

Parttime Employee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College.

The interview is good. People were friendly to me. They asked the basic questions. The whole process took four weeks. I emailed the HR three or times to check the process.

Faculty Fellow Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ivy Tech Community College.

I emailed the department chair about a year before out of interest in such a position and we kept in contact when the Faculty Fellow position opened up. Then I applied online and received a phone call invitation to interview about 2-3 months later (we exchanged emails several times during this time as well). I was given instructions to prepare a 30-minute teaching lesson over a specific topic in my field (they told me exactly what topic to teach).

The atmosphere of the interview was more laid back than expected. 4 people interviewed me, taking turns asking specific questions they had printed in front of them. All were very nice and interactive during this time. Mostly expected questions: what qualifies you? How does Ivy Tech fit into your goals? Share 3 strengths? What are your personal interests? Give an example of a difficult time teaching, how did you resolve an issue/ change? Have you taught older students before? Are you involved in the community?
    I did draw many of my answers from my philosophy of teaching statement and other past teaching experience. Additional information: I brought in student evaluation comments from past teaching experiences & I brought an example of a teaching technique I like to use in the classroom. They seemed excited to have this additional information.

Then I gave my 30-minute teaching lesson and that was the end.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between the role of a community college and a 4-year institution?   Answer Question
    The Dean explained that they have a formula for calculating salaries based on degree, years of experience teaching etc. He said I might ask for $500 more than the initial offer but not much more.

Full-time Faculty Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ivy Tech Community College.

HR called to set first interview which was with a committee made up of faculty, staff and administrative. A teaching presentation is required and the questions are pre-made. Members go around the table and ask them. Committee recommends top three candidates for second interviews. Second interview was with vice chancellor who then makes final decision.

Interview Questions
    I asked $5000 higher and got $2500 above initial offer. This was done through HR.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ivy Tech Community College.

Went through phone screening, one on one interview, and two group interviews. Process took approximately one month from start to finish. They were very friendly, but process took a long time and numerous visits to their offices.

Interview Questions
    • Group interviews were confusing, same questions were asked over and over. With the numerous interviews, quality of answers decreased each time a person asked the same question.   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College in August 2013.

Went to an Adjunct Job Fair and go an interview. Asked about my experience teaching, and ask when would I be available.

There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ivy Tech Community College in August 2013.

2 interviews. First was a panel interview, the second was with a Dean.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College.

Went to an Adjunct faculty job fair. Provided credentials and resume. Made application.

Interview Questions
    • There were very few questions. They were supposed to get back with candidates but I don't know of any one who has heard any word about whether they will be hired.   Answer Question