Ixia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Calabasas, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Ixia.

Interview Details – Rapid, and very high pressure. It was as if they were looking to break you on the first opportunity. Not much in the way of disclosure due to the tag team pair of interviewers in the room. It felt like they had pairs of people to make sure neither interviewer said the wrong thing in response to my questions about the company and its work model. More was discovered by evaluating the on line comments and it is clear that many are created by company employees to make the company appear better than it really is

Interview Question – How do you feel about working 25/8 to to "deliver on" an unreasonable schedule?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Unrealistic work life expectations. Feedback from former employees indicated sweatshop like work environment. Internally focused competitiveness and backstabbing rather than team oriented "defeat the competition" goals. Lack of leadership through motivation, and excessive micromanagement through fear. Also a number of arrogant formers CEO's hanging around flaunting their obscene wealth in the faces of rank and file employees that actually made their companies salable.

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Calabasas, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ixia in March 2010.

Interview Details – Initially it was a meeting with a group of engineers. I was asked with a lot of technical questions, such as protocols, tcp/ip and some test methodology. You have to use the drawing board to answer some of the questions.

Interview Question – Why do you like this job?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Calabasas, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ixia in February 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiter, then the hiring manager and another manager. They invited me to their office for further interviews with 5 other staff, which went well.

Then, silence. No feedback or other communication, which is very rude. If they did not want me, they should have at least notified me.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had multiple priorities. How did you handle them?   Answer Question

Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ixia in March 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Written Test comprising of Aptitude & Technical Questions
2. Personal Interview with Manager (Development or QA or both)
3. Personal Interview with HR
4. Personal Interview with Director
4. Personal Interview with Panel of Directors

Interview Question – 1. Where do you see yourself 5 years down the line ?
2. Which One you prefer Development or QA and why ?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since It was on-campus, So there wasn't scope of negotiation

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ixia in April 2014.

Interview Details – asked about cisco and wireless .
ipv4 subnetting
cisco osi layer stack

Interview Question – about a antenna specs   Answer Question

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ixia in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was first approached by a recruiting company. There I had the first interview, which had general questions, nothing very technical.
At Ixia I had 3 meetings: one was one-on-one technical interview, one was a test taken on the PC, and another to discuss the package.

Interview Question – The one-on-one technical interview was very long and covered many many areas.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ixia in April 2012.

Interview Details – First round was technical, mostly questions on networking,C++,C and basic aptitude.
About 30 made it to next round from 130, 2nd round was technical interview , There were 2 interviewers,asked about projects, gave a problem to solve (to basically write an algorithm).Next round only 10 were shortlisted out of which they gave offers to 4 .

Interview Question – Why is TCP called so ?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager
Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ixia in June 2010.

Interview Details – Most of the interview was telephonic and was based on previous experiences. One personal interview took place in hotel. Never been to company except for the joining day.

Interview Question – Notihning   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were willing to give high salary.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ixia in September 2010.

Interview Details – There were 5 face to face rounds, focussing on OS,DS,Algo etc.
Plus there was an online test to check C skills (you can use internet for that test)

Interview Question – Intersecting Link Lists   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Interviewed at Ixia

Interview Details – Technical.

Interview Question – Strengths and weakness   Answer Question

Worked for Ixia? Contribute to the Community!