Ixia

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ixia in July 2014.

The interview process involved 6 phone interviews, over the course of 5 weeks. The questions ranged from personal to technical, and customer management. Overall the interviewers were staff and management. They all seemed to be burnt out and totally over worked. They made it seem like the company would toss them on the sword daily.

After being grilled over the phone for 5 weeks and being told I was an excellent candidate, they requested I fill out a application. I did so, and then waited. A week passed and I was told by email they were NO LONGER HIRING. Then their in house recruiter told me they are now laying people off.

This is the worst company, don't trust them, they will lead you on and string you along.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ixia.

Rapid, and very high pressure. It was as if they were looking to break you on the first opportunity. Not much in the way of disclosure due to the tag team pair of interviewers in the room. It felt like they had pairs of people to make sure neither interviewer said the wrong thing in response to my questions about the company and its work model. More was discovered by evaluating the on line comments and it is clear that many are created by company employees to make the company appear better than it really is

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working 25/8 to to "deliver on" an unreasonable schedule?   View Answer

Unrealistic work life expectations. Feedback from former employees indicated sweatshop like work environment. Internally focused competitiveness and backstabbing rather than team oriented "defeat the competition" goals. Lack of leadership through motivation, and excessive micromanagement through fear. Also a number of arrogant formers CEO's hanging around flaunting their obscene wealth in the faces of rank and file employees that actually made their companies salable.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ixia in February 2013.

Spoke with a recruiter, then the hiring manager and another manager. They invited me to their office for further interviews with 5 other staff, which went well.

Then, silence. No feedback or other communication, which is very rude. If they did not want me, they should have at least notified me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had multiple priorities. How did you handle them?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ixia in July 2012.

First contacted by Hiring Manager for general interview, followed by detailed technical interview, followed by lunch interview, all of this was in details to check technical skills and also to have a personality check, once they like you, they will hire you

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ixia in June 2010.

Very technical and challenging interview. Study up on the business and know your networking fundamentals. At the time that I interviewed, I spoke with the hiring manager, the sales manager and the CEO - I'm sure the process has changed by now.

Interview Questions
    • The CEO at the time was an engineer. I expected interpersonal skill questions and was grilled with very technical questions.   Answer Question

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Ixia in March 2010.

Initially it was a meeting with a group of engineers. I was asked with a lot of technical questions, such as protocols, tcp/ip and some test methodology. You have to use the drawing board to answer some of the questions.

Internship Interview

there was only an interview. I applied for internship in romania. The interview was full of questions of Object orientated programming, operating systems, networking. after 4 or 5 days I received a mail that i Have been selected so I accepted

Interview Questions
    • how to see if a linked list has cycles   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ixia in April 2014.

asked about cisco and wireless .
    ipv4 subnetting
    cisco osi layer stack

Software Engineer Interview

Technical.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ixia.

useless process - what you are told that you will work and what you work on are actually 180.They expect you to be jack of all.

Interview Questions
    • They dont know how to interview and are not confident what to ask.   Answer Question