Ixia Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ixia (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process involved 6 phone interviews, over the course of 5 weeks. The questions ranged from personal to technical, and customer management. Overall the interviewers were staff and management. They all seemed to be burnt out and totally over worked. They made it seem like the company would toss them on the sword daily.

After being grilled over the phone for 5 weeks and being told I was an excellent candidate, they requested I fill out a application. I did so, and then waited. A week passed and I was told by email they were NO LONGER HIRING. Then their in house recruiter told me they are now laying people off.

This is the worst company, don't trust them, they will lead you on and string you along.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ixia (Calabasas, CA).

Interview

Rapid, and very high pressure. It was as if they were looking to break you on the first opportunity. Not much in the way of disclosure due to the tag team pair of interviewers in the room. It felt like they had pairs of people to make sure neither interviewer said the wrong thing in response to my questions about the company and its work model. More was discovered by evaluating the on line comments and it is clear that many are created by company employees to make the company appear better than it really is

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working 25/8 to to "deliver on" an unreasonable schedule?   1 Answer

Unrealistic work life expectations. Feedback from former employees indicated sweatshop like work environment. Internally focused competitiveness and backstabbing rather than team oriented "defeat the competition" goals. Lack of leadership through motivation, and excessive micromanagement through fear. Also a number of arrogant formers CEO's hanging around flaunting their obscene wealth in the faces of rank and file employees that actually made their companies salable.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ixia (Herndon, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by phone by the HR recruiting representative and was briefly interviewed to confirm work history and salary requirements. I was then passed to the next interview stage which was an in person interview with the hiring supervisor. The position was for an AD covering Federal Accounts. Since the hiring manager had been a commercial sales manager, the interview was very general and covered Agencies to which I had sold and success stories. Another meeting/interview was scheduled and held with the hiring manager and other members of the Federal team that he was going to manage for the purpose of evaluating the chemistry with the Federal team that would start the next year. Both interviews went well.

Interview Questions

• General questions seeking to know with which Federal clients I had sales experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. A short negotiation regarding starting base salary.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ixia (Calabasas, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter, then the hiring manager and another manager. They invited me to their office for further interviews with 5 other staff, which went well.

Then, silence. No feedback or other communication, which is very rude. If they did not want me, they should have at least notified me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had multiple priorities. How did you handle them?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ixia in July 2012.

Interview

First contacted by Hiring Manager for general interview, followed by detailed technical interview, followed by lunch interview, all of this was in details to check technical skills and also to have a personality check, once they like you, they will hire you

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ixia in April 2012.

Interview

Phone screen first, then all-day interview in which I was interviewed by 3 would-be coworkers, my would-be manager, and 2 HR employees. Phone-screen was quite technical, but during all-day interview, only 1 would-be coworker asked a lot of technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Write on whiteboard the stackup of a PCB that you've worked on.   Answer Question
    • What would your boss at your present job warn me about?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ixia in June 2010.

Interview

Very technical and challenging interview. Study up on the business and know your networking fundamentals. At the time that I interviewed, I spoke with the hiring manager, the sales manager and the CEO - I'm sure the process has changed by now.

Interview Questions

• The CEO at the time was an engineer. I expected interpersonal skill questions and was grilled with very technical questions.   Answer Question

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Ixia (Calabasas, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Initially it was a meeting with a group of engineers. I was asked with a lot of technical questions, such as protocols, tcp/ip and some test methodology. You have to use the drawing board to answer some of the questions.

Internship Interview

Interview

there was only an interview. I applied for internship in romania. The interview was full of questions of Object orientated programming, operating systems, networking. after 4 or 5 days I received a mail that i Have been selected so I accepted

Interview Questions

• how to see if a linked list has cycles   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ixia in April 2014.

Interview

asked about cisco and wireless .
    ipv4 subnetting