Ixia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ixia in July 2012.

First contacted by Hiring Manager for general interview, followed by detailed technical interview, followed by lunch interview, all of this was in details to check technical skills and also to have a personality check, once they like you, they will hire you

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ixia in July 2014.

The interview process involved 6 phone interviews, over the course of 5 weeks. The questions ranged from personal to technical, and customer management. Overall the interviewers were staff and management. They all seemed to be burnt out and totally over worked. They made it seem like the company would toss them on the sword daily.

After being grilled over the phone for 5 weeks and being told I was an excellent candidate, they requested I fill out a application. I did so, and then waited. A week passed and I was told by email they were NO LONGER HIRING. Then their in house recruiter told me they are now laying people off.

This is the worst company, don't trust them, they will lead you on and string you along.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Ixia.

Rapid, and very high pressure. It was as if they were looking to break you on the first opportunity. Not much in the way of disclosure due to the tag team pair of interviewers in the room. It felt like they had pairs of people to make sure neither interviewer said the wrong thing in response to my questions about the company and its work model. More was discovered by evaluating the on line comments and it is clear that many are created by company employees to make the company appear better than it really is

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working 25/8 to to "deliver on" an unreasonable schedule?   View Answer

Unrealistic work life expectations. Feedback from former employees indicated sweatshop like work environment. Internally focused competitiveness and backstabbing rather than team oriented "defeat the competition" goals. Lack of leadership through motivation, and excessive micromanagement through fear. Also a number of arrogant formers CEO's hanging around flaunting their obscene wealth in the faces of rank and file employees that actually made their companies salable.

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ixia in March 2010.

Initially it was a meeting with a group of engineers. I was asked with a lot of technical questions, such as protocols, tcp/ip and some test methodology. You have to use the drawing board to answer some of the questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ixia in February 2013.

Spoke with a recruiter, then the hiring manager and another manager. They invited me to their office for further interviews with 5 other staff, which went well.

Then, silence. No feedback or other communication, which is very rude. If they did not want me, they should have at least notified me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had multiple priorities. How did you handle them?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Ixia in March 2011.

1. Written Test comprising of Aptitude & Technical Questions
    2. Personal Interview with Manager (Development or QA or both)
    3. Personal Interview with HR
    4. Personal Interview with Director
    4. Personal Interview with Panel of Directors

Interview Questions
    • 1. Where do you see yourself 5 years down the line ?
      2. Which One you prefer Development or QA and why ?
        View Answer
    Since It was on-campus, So there wasn't scope of negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ixia in April 2014.

asked about cisco and wireless .
    ipv4 subnetting
    cisco osi layer stack

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ixia in March 2012.

I was first approached by a recruiting company. There I had the first interview, which had general questions, nothing very technical.
    At Ixia I had 3 meetings: one was one-on-one technical interview, one was a test taken on the PC, and another to discuss the package.

Interview Questions
    • The one-on-one technical interview was very long and covered many many areas.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ixia in April 2012.

First round was technical, mostly questions on networking,C++,C and basic aptitude.
    About 30 made it to next round from 130, 2nd round was technical interview , There were 2 interviewers,asked about projects, gave a problem to solve (to basically write an algorithm).Next round only 10 were shortlisted out of which they gave offers to 4 .

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ixia in June 2010.

Most of the interview was telephonic and was based on previous experiences. One personal interview took place in hotel. Never been to company except for the joining day.

Interview Questions
    They were willing to give high salary.

Worked for Ixia? Contribute to the Community!