J. Alexander's

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at J. Alexander's

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Alexander's.

The interview process here is quick and efficient. You may be interviewed as soon as you walk in with your resume, as I was. I was told they never are officially hiring, rather they always accept candidates when they see potential. I had to pass three interviews and a test before being hired.

Interview Questions

3-4 weeks of training before you can start.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. Alexander's.

There was only one interview that lasted 30 minutes.

No negation

Server Interview

Honestly, you need no experience. Just be competent and you will get this job.

Interview Questions
    • They'll ask you why you want to work there. Try to sound as customer service oriented as possible.   Answer Question

Coach In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J. Alexander's in October 2013.

I interviewed with J Alexander's at their corporate office in Nashville, Tenn. This was a "working interview" where you are expected to work throughout the process. I didn't care for the way the interview was conducted because there was little to no guidance as to what was actually expected of you. Once I finally decided that I was going to take initiative and try to run food, a manager (not the one who was interviewing me) told me that I was not supposed to be doing that and sent me elsewhere to just stand around and observe. I was not impressed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J. Alexander's in June 2013.

Quick to communicate with prospective employees. Very kind and friendly interviewers. Management seemed to really emphasize hiring quality employees.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't too many difficult questions. They asked me why the guests are important to me.   View Answer
    Negotiated conflicts with work schedule; none for salary or benefits.

Food Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. Alexander's in October 2012.

Filled out app and go my first interview on the spot. Next 3 Days later and was offered the job the following day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J. Alexander's.

3 Interview process. Consisted of one on one interviews with various location managers. Managers ask you various about the industry to evaluate your ability to meet their standards of service. Interviews are inviting with a positive attitude.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. Alexander's in June 2011.

The manager who interviewed me was very easy going and welcoming. I was able to walk in, apply, and get an interview, all in the time-frame of about 30 minutes. I ended up not being hired because I was applying as seasonal help and they were mostly interested in more than temporary hires.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at J. Alexander's in September 2009.

Very easy interview. I came with serving experience and it was no problem being hired.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle difficult or drunk customers?   View Answer
    n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. Alexander's in April 2009.

Application filled out and sat down and spent about 45 minutes speaking directly with the manager. He was very personable and interested. Very postive interview, gave me many opportunities to ask questions and also asked me questions to determine if I was the team player he was looking for. The training process was extensive, it would be atleast a month before I would begin to make money, and he upfront about that. I respected his care for the restaurant he managed and took his offer for a position with his team, very special and with much consideration.

Interview Questions
    • What red wine would you pair with a certain cut of meat?   View Answer

The time frame it would take before making an income. The restaurant also pooled their money. Not a perfect fit for ME. Many others would be LUCKY to work there.