J. Alexander's Server Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at J. Alexander's

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Alexander's.

Interview

The interview process here is quick and efficient. You may be interviewed as soon as you walk in with your resume, as I was. I was told they never are officially hiring, rather they always accept candidates when they see potential. I had to pass three interviews and a test before being hired.

Interview Questions

3-4 weeks of training before you can start.

Other Interview Reviews for J. Alexander's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J. Alexander's (Toledo, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview was in two steps, first with a manager and then the general manager. General review of resume, easy interview questions, not too formal. Basically they want to know if youre going to be up for the challenge of training their way over the course of a month. You'll need to take several tests before moving on to actually serving. Everyone was very friendly, and the whole thing went really well.

Server Interview

Interview

Honestly, you need no experience. Just be competent and you will get this job.

Interview Questions

• They'll ask you why you want to work there. Try to sound as customer service oriented as possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J. Alexander's (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Quick to communicate with prospective employees. Very kind and friendly interviewers. Management seemed to really emphasize hiring quality employees.

Interview Questions

• There weren't too many difficult questions. They asked me why the guests are important to me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated conflicts with work schedule; none for salary or benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J. Alexander's (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

3 Interview process. Consisted of one on one interviews with various location managers. Managers ask you various about the industry to evaluate your ability to meet their standards of service. Interviews are inviting with a positive attitude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J. Alexander's (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Extremly easy and on the spot, if theres a manager available. Come in prepared to not only fill out your application but also to get hired or denied within the following hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, OH

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J. Alexander's (Centerville, OH) in September 2009.

Interview

Very easy interview. I came with serving experience and it was no problem being hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult or drunk customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J. Alexander's (Boca Raton, FL) in April 2009.

Interview

Application filled out and sat down and spent about 45 minutes speaking directly with the manager. He was very personable and interested. Very postive interview, gave me many opportunities to ask questions and also asked me questions to determine if I was the team player he was looking for. The training process was extensive, it would be atleast a month before I would begin to make money, and he upfront about that. I respected his care for the restaurant he managed and took his offer for a position with his team, very special and with much consideration.

Interview Questions

• What red wine would you pair with a certain cut of meat?   1 Answer

The time frame it would take before making an income. The restaurant also pooled their money. Not a perfect fit for ME. Many others would be LUCKY to work there.

Server Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. Alexander's in June 2011.

Interview

I went in one day and filled out an application there. I waited for a while to talk to a manager. The hostesses were very friendly and offered me a beverage while I waited. I met with one manager. He asked me general questions about where I had worked before, where I was at in life (college, married, etc). He asked me to come back the next day to speak with another manager. The second manager asked me questions about the restaurants i had worked in, what I liked about them, and what I liked about working in the restaurant industry. They offered me the job. A week later I went in for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate schedule at the beginning. J. Alexander's has set schedules, so if you have any doubt about days you can work, error on the side of caution. You can always pick up a shift if you aren't scheduled.