J.B. Hunt Dedicated Manager In Training Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.4

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Fairly laid back. Look for young college graduates/military experience. Interview with a manager that you will eventually report to. No difficult questions, just want to make sure you will be willing to work whenever, for as long as they need you to.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.B. Hunt

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Apply online for position wanted and location wanted. I waited about 3 days before getting a call to interview. I went to interview with Account Manager and Operations Manager. Waited a few weeks and then was offered the job. Easy process.

Interview Questions

• None, all where very easy. Most spoke about previous work history   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Greenville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I talked with a recruiter one on one at a career fair and handed him a resume for review. About 2 weeks later I received an email asking if I could come in for an interview for a manager trainee position the next week. Interview was at a Final Mile Facility, in the warehouse break room. Very spartan setting, low pressure environment.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I believed my skills fit their company, since it seemed I did not have experience in the trucking/logistics world.   1 Answer

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Interviewed with three people - Regional operations manager, account manager, and transportation manager. Basic interview that went over past work experiences and what I would be able to bring to JB Hunt.

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in September 2014.

Interview

There are multiple people interviewing you at the same time, but overall wasn't too hard. Very easygoing people and they try to make it as comfortable as possible while interviewing. Two people are kind of just watching you and noticing how you say certain things while another two will lead the whole interviewing process.

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Winchester, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online in May 2014. Received a phone call from an HR rep out of Lowell, Arkansas in July 2014, set up an interview for August 2014. I interviewed with the Director of Business Ops and another manager. Interview was very basic. The interviewers asked me basic questions about my resume and my experiences. Interview lasted about 2 hours. Received a phone call a day later for a job offer for J.B. Hunt's Manager Trainee Program.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview just asked questions about my resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

The Human Resources assistant coordinated to set up a meeting time with the regional manager that worked well for both of us. I then met with the regional manager in a laid back setting. No unusual questions or anything crazy. From there he let Human Resources know that he wished to extend the offer to me along with a relocation package and we set up a good date for me to start which allowed for me to find a place to call home and move in.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days I received a call from a HR representative in Arkansas. I set up an interview in Atlanta within 2 weeks from the phone call. After the interview, I received an offer on Friday, three days following the interview. On Monday, the HR representative set up the hair follicle drug test and did the background check. I received calls from my hiring manager setting up my orientation week and then a call from the HR rep saying I passed the drug screening and background check. I started work the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions. They just went through my resume and asked questions about each item on it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with an HR representative. At the end of the call, I was offered an on-site interview with an account manager and accepted. On-site interview went very well but at the time I was still 5+ months away from graduation and was instructed to follow up closer to graduation if I was still interested. I followed up 3 months later, and was offered a second on-site interview with the regional manager and an account manager. During the interview, they stated that they were looking for somebody to start within 2 weeks, but I was unavailable for full-time for about 6 weeks due to graduation. I suggested a part-time role within the company to get into the door, and it was stated that this had never been done for this position. About one week later, I was offered to "shadow" the position to ensure a proper fit. I accepted, and enjoyed it thoroughly. A week after that, I was offered an internship in order to begin my training part time until graduation. Assuming a proper fit and success for both parties (myself and the company) I will be offered a full-time position upon graduation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle somebody who is uneducated telling you that you don't have any idea what you are talking about and refuse to complete your directions?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked in the first on-site interview point blank what salary I was looking for. Prior to the interview, I researched industry standards and company ranges, and considered my own financial situation. I cited the salary that I needed and was told that it was within their range. Advice - First, try to show the employer that you are not primarily interested in the salary, but future growth opportunity within the company. In preliminary interviews, it may be best to say a that you need to cover your own expenses, but this is not your primary focus. This WILL occasionally fail as some employers/interviewers want a number to ensure nobodies time is being wasted. If this occurs, have a range in mind ahead of time. Depending on how high or low the average salary is, and your level of relevant experience, it is usually best to keep the range small as to show you are willing to negotiate within a certain level, but showing confidence in your ability to perform the job at a certain wage.

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in November 2013.

Interview

At first they gave they basic summary of the position. Asked if you're willing to relocate and other questions such as strengths and weaknesses. There was another question regarding a driver that did not follow safety procedures and continued to ignore them. The answer to this question would involve a progressive discipline policy. First you would give them a warning and send them to safety training. If there is no improvement you would suspend them and if it still doesn't change you would have to fire them.

Interview Questions

• One of your driver's gets into an accident. How are you going to handle it.   1 Answer