J.B. Hunt

Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.5

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interviewed with three people - Regional operations manager, account manager, and transportation manager. Basic interview that went over past work experiences and what I would be able to bring to JB Hunt.

Other Interview Reviews for J.B. Hunt

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.B. Hunt in September 2014.

There are multiple people interviewing you at the same time, but overall wasn't too hard. Very easygoing people and they try to make it as comfortable as possible while interviewing. Two people are kind of just watching you and noticing how you say certain things while another two will lead the whole interviewing process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.B. Hunt in August 2014.

I applied online in May 2014. Received a phone call from an HR rep out of Lowell, Arkansas in July 2014, set up an interview for August 2014. I interviewed with the Director of Business Ops and another manager. Interview was very basic. The interviewers asked me basic questions about my resume and my experiences. Interview lasted about 2 hours. Received a phone call a day later for a job offer for J.B. Hunt's Manager Trainee Program.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic interview just asked questions about my resume.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.B. Hunt in July 2014.

I applied online and within a few days I received a call from a HR representative in Arkansas. I set up an interview in Atlanta within 2 weeks from the phone call. After the interview, I received an offer on Friday, three days following the interview. On Monday, the HR representative set up the hair follicle drug test and did the background check. I received calls from my hiring manager setting up my orientation week and then a call from the HR rep saying I passed the drug screening and background check. I started work the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions. They just went through my resume and asked questions about each item on it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.B. Hunt in March 2014.

First, I had a phone interview with an HR representative. At the end of the call, I was offered an on-site interview with an account manager and accepted. On-site interview went very well but at the time I was still 5+ months away from graduation and was instructed to follow up closer to graduation if I was still interested.

I followed up 3 months later, and was offered a second on-site interview with the regional manager and an account manager. During the interview, they stated that they were looking for somebody to start within 2 weeks, but I was unavailable for full-time for about 6 weeks due to graduation.

I suggested a part-time role within the company to get into the door, and it was stated that this had never been done for this position. About one week later, I was offered to "shadow" the position to ensure a proper fit. I accepted, and enjoyed it thoroughly. A week after that, I was offered an internship in order to begin my training part time until graduation. Assuming a proper fit and success for both parties (myself and the company) I will be offered a full-time position upon graduation.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle somebody who is uneducated telling you that you don't have any idea what you are talking about and refuse to complete your directions?   Answer Question
    I was asked in the first on-site interview point blank what salary I was looking for. Prior to the interview, I researched industry standards and company ranges, and considered my own financial situation. I cited the salary that I needed and was told that it was within their range.

Advice - First, try to show the employer that you are not primarily interested in the salary, but future growth opportunity within the company. In preliminary interviews, it may be best to say a that you need to cover your own expenses, but this is not your primary focus. This WILL occasionally fail as some employers/interviewers want a number to ensure nobodies time is being wasted. If this occurs, have a range in mind ahead of time. Depending on how high or low the average salary is, and your level of relevant experience, it is usually best to keep the range small as to show you are willing to negotiate within a certain level, but showing confidence in your ability to perform the job at a certain wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithia Springs, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lithia Springs, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.B. Hunt in October 2013.

I applied for position on a Friday. I was called the following Tuesday by a recruiter and had a phone interview. Two Weeks later a had a interview in Lithia Springs,GA ( Atlanta). My interview was very basic. We went over my resume. Waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.B. Hunt in August 2013.

I got a phone call from the Area HR Manager, in Lowell, AR. She asked me a few basic questions and talked a little about the position and asked if it would be something I would be interested in. She then scheduled a time to interview, which mine was in Atlanta with the Director and VP of Operations. I interviewed with each one individually. My interview lasted about an hour and fifteen mins. They basically went over my resume and asked questions about it. As I told them a little more in depth about each job, they picked out questions to ask that were related to the JB Hunt position. They have a lot of applicants, as business is growing. They asked a couple of behavioral questions but you have probably answered them before, about leadership and dealing with difficult people. They are looking for people who are relocatable. Best chance of getting it, if you are. Interview was on a Thursday around 4pm, got a call back with offer around 9am on Friday. They told me they would have a decision in 2 weeks. Guess they really liked me.

Interview Questions
    • If someone you knew were here right now, how would they describe your leadership ability?   View Answers (2)
    Be relocatable!

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.B. Hunt in November 2012.

It is composed of several interviews some onsite in a trailer or in an office setting. When you come out of college, you do not think that your job would be literally working elbow to elbow in a small dingy hot trailer. Yes it is the transportation industry but, I have seen better with smaller trucking companies. The interviewers are very informal,unprepared, and unaware of what was going on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.B. Hunt in April 2011.

I applied online to JBHunt.com for their manager trainee position in Chicago, IL. At firest I wasn't sure if this meant actual Chicago or the surrounding suburbs.

I was first contacted by recruiter from corporate in Arkansas. She asked me if I was interested in conducting a phone interview, which we scheduled probably 2 days later. After the phone interview, I was informed that they wante to bring me in for a face-to-face interview. I interviewed on a Friday--about 9 days after the initial contact, and had an interview with 2 Account Managers. They asked me a series of questions about my education, past employment, and situational questions. The interview took about an hour. Both managers had been with JB Hunt for numerous years, so you could tell that they had knowledge for the company.

The following Tuesday, I was offered the position over the phone. I didn't accept right away because I was interviewing with another company, and the recruiter never gave me a straight answer on where I would start.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a difficult worker?   View Answer
    • What subject in college did you enjoy the most and why?   Answer Question

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.B. Hunt in December 2012.

I applied online and within a week I was contacted by a recruiter. She gave me an informal interview. why jb hunt? what do I know about jb hunt? Asked questions about my resume. Very basic within two weeks the same recruiter called me to set up an in person interview with the regional manager in my region. Some interview questions I remeber were, Tell me about a time you had to make an unpopular decision? what can you bring to the company? what are your strengths and weaknesses? After the in person interview I was contacted by the same recruiter to set up a site visit to one of the facilities. I was there for about 3 hours were I was given a tour of the facility and sat with the operations supervisor. I then was given 24 hours to put together a report on the site visit. I'am waiting now about whether or not I will be hired.

Interview Questions
    • know about experiences on your resume and be ready to give examples to those experiences.   Answer Question