J.B. Hunt

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fleet Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in April 2014.

Interview Details – Went to a recruitment fair and talked to a regional recruitment manager. Received a request for a phone interview a two weeks later. Two weeks after that, I conducted a panel interview with two managers at their Chicago office.

Questions were easy and more focused toward personality fit and understanding of the demands of the position. Lots of “how do you manage people?” questions. I received a call 3 days after the interview with a tentative offer and received a formal offer 3 days later.

Pay is low - $48,000 with a 10% bonus if the company hits its marks. The work environment is also transportation focused. Expect night shifts, work on some holidays and 10 to 12 hour days. However, there seems to be a lot of growth and the company culture is very centered on employees starting at the bottom and rapid internal promotion if you're willing to put in the time.

Interview Question – How would you handle a driver who refuses to work, keeping in mind the trucking industry has a very high turnover rate with a lot of opportunities for drivers at other organizations?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low pay with long hours with poor benefits.

Lowell, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in April 2010.

Interview Details – Employer big partner with the University of Arkansas and is always a staple at the career fairs. Had an on campus initial interview and from there had to fill out a personality exam online and two weeks later they called me to set up an in person interview. The actual interview was very conversational and was given an offer two days later.

Interview Question – There really weren't any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in February 2014.

Interview Details – Went to the career fair at my college and submitted my resume. I was called for a telephone interview within 1 week. I have advanced on to the inperson interview and am waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Am I willing to relocate?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and within a few days I was contacted by a recruiter located at their headquarters in Arkansas. She asked very basic questions to gauge my interest, experience and whether or not I was articulate enough to make it to a second interview. You then are scheduled to meet with a regional manager at their office (aka double wide trailor). My experience with the manager was that he was disinterested and appeared unfit for a management position. He had clearly not read my resume, read it in front of me, and failed to ask any questions or even make eye contact. From their he tells you about benefits and salary and tells you that a corporate big wig from Arkansas will contact you with a follow up interview.

The interview with the manager in Arkansas is much more specific and intense. They ask you a number of questions regarding your experience, education and industry specific questions. My real problem with JB Hunt was the demeanor of the regional manager who would be my direct superior. Like I stated, he didn't make eye contact, seemed uneducated and failed very basic displays of professionalism (that even I, a recent college grad, knew about).

I also had a very serious problem with the events that transpired following the interview. Despite driving to the first interview in hurricane Sandy, sitting in a 3 hour gas line and taking an hour off of my lunch break for the phone interview, they refused to follow up with me despite indicating that they were seriously considering me for the position. At the time, I was being offered a job by my current employer so I needed JB Hunt's answer. I followed up several times and made it abundantly clear that I needed some form of answer just so that I could ensure I landed a job. JB Hunt never called and as my father said (who directly works with JB Hunt as an executive with a manufacturing firm), be thankful your not working for them because their behavior is an indication that they aren't very professional.

Interview Question – How wold you handle a truck driver who was failing to follow basic safety procedures?   Answer Question

Lowell, AR

The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in March 2010.

Interview Details – Advice: do not dress up for JB Hunt VERY casual and laid back atmosphere.

Interview Question – why are you the best candidate for this position?   View Answer

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!