J.B. Hunt Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.6

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Fairly laid back. Look for young college graduates/military experience. Interview with a manager that you will eventually report to. No difficult questions, just want to make sure you will be willing to work whenever, for as long as they need you to.

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Brief phone interview with HR asking about basic qualifications. Then an in person interview with multiple Operations Managers. After in person interviews, they contacted within the following week about job offer status. Whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you used effective communication to dissolve a situation with a coworker or employee?   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt in August 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call from a company recruiter to inquiry if I were interested. After I was told about the position I was set up for a face to face interview. That went well. I was then set up for a 2nd interview via conference call phone. The recruiters and management are very polite.

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Apply online for position wanted and location wanted. I waited about 3 days before getting a call to interview. I went to interview with Account Manager and Operations Manager. Waited a few weeks and then was offered the job. Easy process.

Interview Questions

• None, all where very easy. Most spoke about previous work history   Answer Question

Local Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I had a totally awesome and warm welcome to,thos,company. They,offered me,good pay,good,home time,and,a,support group lime no,other with compassion for family that goes unmatched in,my,eyes .no,other companies can,or will,ever meet or exceed my,expectations for,an employer.there wad,so much willingness to do,what,ever it took to get,me,a job,and give me,what i,wanted.very professional with a no nonsense kind of background. I know,alot of drivefs,hear the,word,jb,hunt,and,say,i,will,never work for them,but,i,tell you now I had the same thoughts too but I could finally see the Luke and,was not being lied to

Interview Questions

• What can,you bring,,to,our,company   1 Answer

Local Installer Final Mile Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

dog wagging tail or vice versa?interview first time told had the job all lined up to spend a week at "orientation"never got a date .got dot medical card / drug test ,waited ended up getting a short pt job while i was waiting,gave up after a month and a half .fast foward 4 mos later and was asked if im still interested ?sure this time went for interview got hired again ,yay . same day get a call from gm of another city saying i was to interview with him folowing day ,cool .then the phone calls started first it was the employment verification specialist...see what they fail to tell you is that when they say they require 2 yr continous employment that means you better to be able to verify EVERY SINGLE DAY THAT YOU WORKED.so long story short i had started a courier business last year and would have thought that by furnishing my irs tax return from 2014 ,both corp and personal as well as my ein # ,state tax license,invoices from where i billed my customers , a detailed bank statement detailing how and where i got paid plus listing all the expenses related to said venture.should of been a no brainer ?nope she wanted me to give her business refs.because according to her and or her peers they couldnt tell if i was selling drugs or something ? i thought she was joking . i gave her a couple after being so invested in this by now,my brain was melting from the stress.ok so mean while i go take my drug and dot card test apparently the brainiac over the local office ordered hair and urine test .(little excessive maybe)?and also a fit for duty test ! never had one before so i didnt know until doc was like so how did you injure yourself ?so in total wasted 5 hours of my life that day left with wrong paperwork .get a voicemail who mind you i deal with proffessionally ,say what the heck just had jb hunt calling me askin if you were a real business and if you sell or have sold drugs in the past?all i can say is the embarrassment it caused me . another time the point im making is even tho they say we only go back 10 years on a background check it BS!!!!its lifetime and they do use it against you ...i was totally forthcoming about my record which last offence 15 years yep 15 years ago ,since then i have tyurned my life around became a productive member of society,active member of my church ,homeowner ,husband ,father,not been in trouble since..why is it that companies only look for the bad in someone ?maybe this company should invest money into training their current employees some h.r. ......dont waste your time........didnt get the job apparently they had found a replacement in 20 mins...whatever stick to freight jb.

Interview Questions

• we need more info on your past   1 Answer

Carrier Sales Coordinator RISE Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews, first with HR, second with branch manager. Flew to corporate headquarters in Lowell, AR for third round. Involved testing of sales skills, understanding of the company and the industry. Finally, behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about J.B. Hunt?   1 Answer

Carrier Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Fayetteville, AR) in June 2015.

Interview

Thursday: Received an email saying they were interested based off my resume. I had to answer a few questions that would help direct the first phone interview, including best times to have someone call. Monday: Had phone interview in the morning with HR recruit, even though email said I would be available in the afternoon. Did the interview and killed it. Was scheduled for next phone interview with the HR Corporate recruit manage for the following week since the person was out of town. Next week Tuesday: Had 2nd phone interview with HR Corporate Recruit Manager. Went well, very interesting questions. I felt like I did a lot of talking though. Was told that I'd hear back the following Thursday or Friday with a phone call or email in regards to the next step in the process. Following Thursday/Friday: Nothing. Weekend passes. Monday: Received email saying I was no longer being considered for position.

Interview Questions

• Interesting question: What was the most difficult time of your career and how did you learn from it? Other than that, just usual questions like what do you know about the company, do you work well in group or individual settings, easy stuff.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Greenville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I talked with a recruiter one on one at a career fair and handed him a resume for review. About 2 weeks later I received an email asking if I could come in for an interview for a manager trainee position the next week. Interview was at a Final Mile Facility, in the warehouse break room. Very spartan setting, low pressure environment.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I believed my skills fit their company, since it seemed I did not have experience in the trucking/logistics world.   1 Answer

Driver Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR).

Interview

Weird interview. I felt like they were trying to sell me on the job instead of having to sell myself to them. Two managers sit across from you in a conference room and tag team with questions. As stated, not many questions for me, more them trying to get me to see what a great company J. B. is.