J.B. Hunt

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.6

Fleet Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.B. Hunt.

It was a campus interview process. Met with two Fleet Managers. They described the job, required hours, how well the industry and JB Hunt has done/are doing. The interviewers were both friendly and there wasn't any pressure at all. There was not much to the interview process before, during, or after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a resistant workforce?   Answer Question
    • Why should we choose you?   Answer Question
    • Open to moving around the country (moving around seems about the only way to move up in the business)?   Answer Question

After the interview, they said that they would fly me out to their office, but sent an offer email only a few days later (JB Hunt did this to others on my campus). I originally accepted the job (good pay and benefits) but turned it down after seeing the facility and thinking more about the required hours (3pm-1am).

Logistics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

First you must go through a phone interview. If invited to an on-site, that day starts with a brief introduction to the Engineering department. Afterward you begin your first interview. All interviews are two on one. The second interview is a technical interview. After lunch you have two more regular interviews. Each interview lasts thirty to forty-five minutes. The day concludes with a short job demo.

Operations Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.B. Hunt.

2 phone interviews. 1 formal/"in person" interview. Formal interview usually consists of 2 managers but one was away from work that day. Recruiter before the formal interview was very helpful, descriptive, and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was to describe a failure from my past. Very comfortable and successful interview.   Answer Question

Claims Examiner II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Phone interview screening via HR Recruiter very friendly and optimistic. Group interview within the Claims Department due to potential openings to determine which team to be assigned. The separation of claims and the actual potential position being interviewed for was a bit confusing, however the three managers interviewing were very pleasant and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    Easy with email negotiations which took a few days.

Installation Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Process took less than 3 business days. Got an email from them and asked for a call back. When I called, guy named Phillip told me he was afraid to call because that was too early in the morning and he would have possibly wake me up, that was very nice of him.
    He made sure I was interested in the position and transferred me to an HR to fill out application over the phone, did not take long.
    Interview set in a couple of days.

DMiT Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

I was contacted by someone from the central office who found my resume in a resume book at my school's career office. I scheduled an interview, which turned out to not work for the manager so we rescheduled. The interview was very basic, mostly just going over my resume and asking me to expound on the points they could see. They also asked me what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work for them. They said they would be in contact but I followed up after a week and again after three weeks and they said they were still interviewing other candidates. Finally I just gave up and accepted that they had moved on and never let me know.

Interview Questions
    • Why I wanted to work for them, the interview was not difficult   Answer Question

Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.B. Hunt.

It was a great and easy going interview. The had two other interviewers in . One already done , other in process. Only had one interview with one person. Couple questions about past experience. Nothing crazy or out of the box.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to give a lot of time out of your life for this job?   View Answer

To much time out of my life. Not enough pay

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Submitted an application and heard back about 3 weeks later. Had a phone interview where the lady was very nice and gave very detailed information about the position and what the duties and expectations were.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an employ who absolutely refused to perform his job?   Answer Question

FMS OFFICE TECHNICIAN Interview

You apply to the position on the JB Hunt website. HR will contact you for an interview. You interview with both managers. Length of interview time differs from person to person. HR will contact you if you are chosen for the position. If chosen, HR has you come in and lets you know what the pay is and they also send you a letter of acceptance.

Logistics Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.B. Hunt in November 2014.

I submitted an application through their website and was contacted by a recruiter 2 weeks later who was REALLY selling the Northwest Arkansas area. She briefly reviewed my resume and told me a manager would contact me regarding another phone interview. 1 week later I was contacted by an engineering director who told me a lot about the different areas of engineering within the company and asked a little about my resume. A week after that I was invited for an on-site interview that lasted all day and consisted of interviewing about 45mins each with pairs of engineers that work there and about an hour lunch. The interviews included all levels of experience from new hires all the way to a Vice President. The interviewers were also from different business units and really focused on helping you decide which you would be interested in.

They were very adamant about three things: love what you do, enjoy the people that you work with, and feel that you are making a positive difference. I can see how the process could be a bit tiring but during lunch they take around the different buildings and introduce you to the different engineering teams so you aren't sitting all day long. There is a technical interview but it's nothing ridiculous and they are more interested in your problem solving thought process than how much you remember from your college classes.

Interview Questions
    E-mail offer from a senior engineer not HR and paper copy delivered shortly after. The offer was quite generous especially for the area so did not need to negotiate.