J.B. Hunt Interview Questions

2.7

Appliance Installation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in August 2014.

Saw an ad on Craigslist for Appliance Installation Specialist, submitted resume to the email address and was contacted a couple of days after with a form to fill out online, submitted the form and did a preliminary phone interview.

Job is Appliance Installation Specialist with Final Mile Services, a division of J.B. Hunt. First phone interview was with the staffing agency, after that she put me through to an HR rep with J.B. Hunt who conducts a second interview along with a few questions, after that she scheduled a 1 on 1 interview at the local office.

Interview was fairly simple, a "few what if" questions, or "how would you handle" type. They go over the position and training in detail, offer to answer any questions you may have.

They had more people to interview so there was no decision made that day, although the interviewer was very pleased with my interview.

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winchester, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in August 2014.

I applied online in May 2014. Received a phone call from an HR rep out of Lowell, Arkansas in July 2014, set up an interview for August 2014. I interviewed with the Director of Business Ops and another manager. Interview was very basic. The interviewers asked me basic questions about my resume and my experiences. Interview lasted about 2 hours. Received a phone call a day later for a job offer for J.B. Hunt's Manager Trainee Program.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic interview just asked questions about my resume.   View Answer
    No negotiation

EPS Scheduler Interview

I was recommended by a friend. The manager took my resume and gave me a phone interview. a week later I had an in person interview with two mangers. They called me the next day to let me know that I had the job

Interview Questions
    not really They give you an offer with the pay plan. 10 an hour during training, 12 dollars an hour during the first 90 days then 14 dollars an hour after

Account Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

I applied for this position on two separate occasions. The interview begins with a phone interview. I passed the first phone interview and was invited to do a face to face panel interview. The panel interview was fine and not really intimidating even though there were about 10 people in the room of which only 2 were there to actually fill positions. The others were people who was just sitting in on the interview. In my opinion, the interview went well, but for some odd reason I was not notified about weather or not I got the position. I had to reach out to the hiring managers to see what was the status of the interview. One lady emailed me back 3 weeks later telling me that the interviewer said I was a great fit for the company but they basically chose someone else. Later on when the position became available again, I reapplied. I was emailed saying I have a phone interview on a specific day and time. On the day of the interview, the lady who was not doing the interview called me saying "oh.... well... we are going to have to reschedule your interview. there is a conflicting meeting that your interviewer has to attend. We will call you back to reschedule your interview." In my opinion, the lady who called me sounded like she made up something really quick to get me off the list. Never the less... They did not call me back to reschedule my phone interview. I reached out to them again to see what the status was of the phone interview. This time, I did not get a response. These two HR people have no tack about themselves, no common courtesy, and lack professionalism. If there was a problem, or mistake, or what ever the case may have been, its best to do things professionally. Instead, these two individuals set the tone for my opinion for the entire company...... Unprofessional. Don't get me wrong, the people who I interviewed with face to face were all wonderful. J. B. Hunt gets a big Thumbs down from me.

Interview Questions
    • To me, the questions didn't seem difficult. If you know your experience and how to incorporate your experiences into their scenarios, then you are good to go.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in June 2013.

Filled out the application, got a phone call, did the phone interview and then met with the regional Operations Manager. After that interview went to the account where the manager stared at his computer the whole time while not really saying too much. Sat with another Operations Supervisor and had him show me what systems they used and then left.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate a little higher and was told no. I later found out they had more than one qualified candidate for the position so to take the job I had no room to negotiate.

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in July 2014.

I applied online and within a few days I received a call from a HR representative in Arkansas. I set up an interview in Atlanta within 2 weeks from the phone call. After the interview, I received an offer on Friday, three days following the interview. On Monday, the HR representative set up the hair follicle drug test and did the background check. I received calls from my hiring manager setting up my orientation week and then a call from the HR rep saying I passed the drug screening and background check. I started work the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions. They just went through my resume and asked questions about each item on it.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in August 2013.

Typical process of most interviews. I applied online, had a call from someone in HR the following week or so, following that, I went to an in person interview. The interview was honestly one of the best or most comfortable I have had so far. The two men who interviewed me were honest with the expectations and hard work it would require to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Some behavioral based, a lot of just talking about your experience in logistics or operations management.   Answer Question

For being forced to move, the salary they offered was just not competitive enough.

Installation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spanaway, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spanaway, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Applied to job online. Randomly received a call during the day about three weeks later asking if I wanted to interview. I said yes, and was immediately transferred over the phone to do a lengthy and rigorous background check. Warning: this will take 30-45 minutes, which they didn't mention to me. I felt uncomfortable giving them my social security number, drivers license, and a bunch of other personal information in such an impromptu manner over the phone, but whatever.

I went and interviewed for the job. They barely asked me any questions - I had to bring a copy of my resume since they had not seen it. They basically read my resume while I sat there, and I felt like they wouldn't have brought me in to interview if they read it ahead of time. After he mentioned what the job duties were and what the salary was, and I explained what my current job was, I think we were mutually embarrassed that I was there interviewing. The salary that they advertised for the job was way higher than what they told me face to face. The the entire process was a complete waste of everyone's time.

Fleet Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in June 2011.

Phone interview with HR rep, then a Location site visit where you are given a tour and asked to speak with operations manager and fellow managers. Then you write a one page assessment of what you learned from your visit. Final interview with Operations manager.

Interview Questions
    • very general interview. question where more on the personal, they where trying to get to know you and your personality.   Answer Question
    no negotiations, they present you with an offer. You either accept or decline.

Local Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in October 2012.

It was a pretty normal process nothing to worry about. They ask normal questions no need to sale your self much. They make it sound like your working for a great company. Truth is the Final Mile Division can use a lot more help!! J.B. Hut as a hole is a good company.

no negotiation if they like you they will make a offer, at that point you can accept or not

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!