J.B. Hunt Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.6

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

Apply online for position wanted and location wanted. I waited about 3 days before getting a call to interview. I went to interview with Account Manager and Operations Manager. Waited a few weeks and then was offered the job. Easy process.

Interview Questions

• None, all where very easy. Most spoke about previous work history   Answer Question

Local Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.B. Hunt (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I had a totally awesome and warm welcome to,thos,company. They,offered me,good pay,good,home time,and,a,support group lime no,other with compassion for family that goes unmatched in,my,eyes .no,other companies can,or will,ever meet or exceed my,expectations for,an employer.there wad,so much willingness to do,what,ever it took to get,me,a job,and give me,what i,wanted.very professional with a no nonsense kind of background. I know,alot of drivefs,hear the,word,jb,hunt,and,say,i,will,never work for them,but,i,tell you now I had the same thoughts too but I could finally see the Luke and,was not being lied to

Interview Questions

• What can,you bring,,to,our,company   1 Answer

Carrier Sales Coordinator RISE Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews, first with HR, second with branch manager. Flew to corporate headquarters in Lowell, AR for third round. Involved testing of sales skills, understanding of the company and the industry. Finally, behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about J.B. Hunt?   1 Answer

Carrier Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.B. Hunt (Fayetteville, AR) in June 2015.

Interview

Thursday: Received an email saying they were interested based off my resume. I had to answer a few questions that would help direct the first phone interview, including best times to have someone call. Monday: Had phone interview in the morning with HR recruit, even though email said I would be available in the afternoon. Did the interview and killed it. Was scheduled for next phone interview with the HR Corporate recruit manage for the following week since the person was out of town. Next week Tuesday: Had 2nd phone interview with HR Corporate Recruit Manager. Went well, very interesting questions. I felt like I did a lot of talking though. Was told that I'd hear back the following Thursday or Friday with a phone call or email in regards to the next step in the process. Following Thursday/Friday: Nothing. Weekend passes. Monday: Received email saying I was no longer being considered for position.

Interview Questions

• Interesting question: What was the most difficult time of your career and how did you learn from it? Other than that, just usual questions like what do you know about the company, do you work well in group or individual settings, easy stuff.   Answer Question

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.B. Hunt (Greenville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I talked with a recruiter one on one at a career fair and handed him a resume for review. About 2 weeks later I received an email asking if I could come in for an interview for a manager trainee position the next week. Interview was at a Final Mile Facility, in the warehouse break room. Very spartan setting, low pressure environment.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I believed my skills fit their company, since it seemed I did not have experience in the trucking/logistics world.   1 Answer

Driver Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR).

Interview

Weird interview. I felt like they were trying to sell me on the job instead of having to sell myself to them. Two managers sit across from you in a conference room and tag team with questions. As stated, not many questions for me, more them trying to get me to see what a great company J. B. is.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.B. Hunt (Lowell, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

Very short but productive. Everyone was very professional, and focused on what I would bring to the table. The employees were friendly and ready to talk about their organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing you would do differently in your current job ?   1 Answer

Logistics Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.B. Hunt (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume to recruiter I had already been in contact beforehand. Received email the next day setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was relatively straightforward. The HR recruiter reviewed my resume, asked me to explain my industry experience, and gave me an overview of the hiring process at JB Hunt. Proceeded to in person interview at branch office the following week. The interview lasted roughly an hour and was mostly one-on-one with the branch manager. We went over my resume and prior experience and gave me an overview of what to expect while working at JB Hunt. I then shadowed an employee for roughly 20 minutes to see what day-to-day tasks were expected of them. I was then left in the conference to simulate a call by one of the employees while the manager listened in. The simulation involved how I would cover a load that was due to be picked up in 30 minutes due to a driver emergency from the carrier that was previously on the load. The interview concluded after a final Q and A session. Did not hear back after the interview. Followed up with email but did not hear back from that either. The interview process itself was a positive experience but the fact that no one from JB Hunt has bothered to reach out or even reply to a simple email requesting the status of the application has turned the overall experience negative.

Interview Questions

• How will you positively affect operations here?   1 Answer

ICS Launch Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.B. Hunt (Fayetteville, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

HR people were easy to talk to and were sincerely trying to find a fit between my needs and goals and their corporate needs and strategy. Most of the interview(s) content revolved around my background and skills and the company's current and future direction. Much attention was given to my willingness to relocate (I was willing) and to my understanding that non-office hours may be required at times. They further wanted to know how I approached a difficult problem and also how I would manage working on a problem in a group context. Customer service and fulfilling customer needs were also foci points.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary expectation?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview

It was a campus interview process. Met with two Fleet Managers. They described the job, required hours, how well the industry and JB Hunt has done/are doing. The interviewers were both friendly and there wasn't any pressure at all. There was not much to the interview process before, during, or after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a resistant workforce?   Answer Question
    • Why should we choose you?   Answer Question
    • Open to moving around the country (moving around seems about the only way to move up in the business)?   Answer Question

After the interview, they said that they would fly me out to their office, but sent an offer email only a few days later (JB Hunt did this to others on my campus). I originally accepted the job (good pay and benefits) but turned it down after seeing the facility and thinking more about the required hours (3pm-1am).