J.B. Hunt

Very Easy Interview

Installation Specialist Interview

Installation Specialist
Spanaway, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview Details – Applied to job online. Randomly received a call during the day about three weeks later asking if I wanted to interview. I said yes, and was immediately transferred over the phone to do a lengthy and rigorous background check. Warning: this will take 30-45 minutes, which they didn't mention to me. I felt uncomfortable giving them my social security number, drivers license, and a bunch of other personal information in such an impromptu manner over the phone, but whatever.

I went and interviewed for the job. They barely asked me any questions - I had to bring a copy of my resume since they had not seen it. They basically read my resume while I sat there, and I felt like they wouldn't have brought me in to interview if they read it ahead of time. After he mentioned what the job duties were and what the salary was, and I explained what my current job was, I think we were mutually embarrassed that I was there interviewing. The salary that they advertised for the job was way higher than what they told me face to face. The the entire process was a complete waste of everyone's time.

Interview Question – "So, tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Fleet Manager In Training Interview

Fleet Manager In Training
San Bernardino, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR rep, then a Location site visit where you are given a tour and asked to speak with operations manager and fellow managers. Then you write a one page assessment of what you learned from your visit. Final interview with Operations manager.

Interview Question – very general interview. question where more on the personal, they where trying to get to know you and your personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations, they present you with an offer. You either accept or decline.

Local Truck Driver Interview

Local Truck Driver
Aurora, CO

I applied online - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was a pretty normal process nothing to worry about. They ask normal questions no need to sale your self much. They make it sound like your working for a great company. Truth is the Final Mile Division can use a lot more help!! J.B. Hut as a hole is a good company.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation if they like you they will make a offer, at that point you can accept or not

DMiT Interview

DMiT
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was already employed with JB Hunt at corporate in Lowell, AR during college. The transition was a little easier for me. There were two interviews with Regional Operations Managers and then I was offered the position relatively quickly. They paid for me to move to Dallas and helped with the moving process.

Interview Question – I never got this question but a few of my coworkers did and they asked "Why shouldn't we hire you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation but plenty of room for raises relatively fast.

Carrier Sales Coordinator Interview

Carrier Sales Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview Details – If your resume is appealing, you will receive an e-mail fairly quickly from HR wanting to set up a phone interview. If you do well on the phone interview, an in-person interview will follow. The in-person interview was a panel of 5 hiring managers from different departments. They each had several expected questions, and all had one or more difficult questions.

Interview Question – "How will you lose money for J.B. Hunt?"   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Coordinator
Lowell, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview Details – If your resume gets you to the door, let your personality do the rest. A lot of specific examples are requested.

Negotiation Details – No real wiggle room for negotiation.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in March 2014.

Interview Details – As stated in previous reviews, it's pretty much the same. HR from Lowell, AR contacts you and sets up a telephone interview, they're essentially the gatekeeper in the process. If they like what you have to say they pass you on to a hiring manager in the next 7-10 days for a physical interview. Interview with a hiring/regional manager and then it's up to you...Total time spent was about 3 weeks until I accepted an offer.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, my interviewer was a seasoned regional manager and interviewer so it was fun, interesting and a rewarding experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple and direct; salary = "X" take it or not...

Fleet Manager Interview

Fleet Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in April 2014.

Interview Details – Went to a recruitment fair and talked to a regional recruitment manager. Received a request for a phone interview a two weeks later. Two weeks after that, I conducted a panel interview with two managers at their Chicago office.

Questions were easy and more focused toward personality fit and understanding of the demands of the position. Lots of “how do you manage people?” questions. I received a call 3 days after the interview with a tentative offer and received a formal offer 3 days later.

Pay is low - $48,000 with a 10% bonus if the company hits its marks. The work environment is also transportation focused. Expect night shifts, work on some holidays and 10 to 12 hour days. However, there seems to be a lot of growth and the company culture is very centered on employees starting at the bottom and rapid internal promotion if you're willing to put in the time.

Interview Question – How would you handle a driver who refuses to work, keeping in mind the trucking industry has a very high turnover rate with a lot of opportunities for drivers at other organizations?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low pay with long hours with poor benefits.

Very Difficult Interview

Logistics Engineer I Interview

Logistics Engineer I
Lowell, AR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in January 2014.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview that was 20-30 minutes and questions regarding my resume and past experience were asked. I was flown to the headquarters a month or so later. The interview was long, 8am-4pm. Many different people interviewed me, mostly in teams of two. Questions were mostly behavioral, but there was a technical component to the interview. There was a lunch break in the middle of the day, but my voice was hoarse after the interview because I talked all day. Bring a bottle of water with you!
After two weeks, I contacted them to followup but they never returned my call and I never heard back from them after the interview. It seemed very unprofessional and left me with a bad impression.

Interview Question – One of the technical questions was to formulate a linear program   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Programmer

Interviewed at J.B. Hunt

Interview Details – was pretty simple interview about basics of computer science

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!