J.B. Hunt

72 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fleet Manager Trainee Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly easy and nothing asked was unexpected if you prepared. First you will go through a brief phone interview then if you make it to the next phase, you will be meeting with regional managers at their office location. I first interviewed for the DMIT position, didn't get the offer because someone was a little more qualified, but was invited to interview for the Fleet MIT position because I did well during the DMIT interview.

Interview Question – How would you handle a driver who doesn't feel he should listen to you because you're new and younger?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really isn't a negotiation phase, I was offered more than expected so I didn't even bother to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Regional Inter-modal Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in November 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was easy and simple, pretty much straight forward. The trainers were well qualified, intelligent and pleasant individuals with years of valuable experience as drivers themselves.

Interview Question – Have you ever cheated on your spouse?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation process.

Fleet Manager Interview

Lowell, AR

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in April 2010.

Interview Details – Employer big partner with the University of Arkansas and is always a staple at the career fairs. Had an on campus initial interview and from there had to fill out a personality exam online and two weeks later they called me to set up an in person interview. The actual interview was very conversational and was given an offer two days later.

Interview Question – There really weren't any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Dedicated Manager In Training
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in March 2014.

Interview Details – First, I had a phone interview with an HR representative. At the end of the call, I was offered an on-site interview with an account manager and accepted. On-site interview went very well but at the time I was still 5+ months away from graduation and was instructed to follow up closer to graduation if I was still interested.

I followed up 3 months later, and was offered a second on-site interview with the regional manager and an account manager. During the interview, they stated that they were looking for somebody to start within 2 weeks, but I was unavailable for full-time for about 6 weeks due to graduation.

I suggested a part-time role within the company to get into the door, and it was stated that this had never been done for this position. About one week later, I was offered to "shadow" the position to ensure a proper fit. I accepted, and enjoyed it thoroughly. A week after that, I was offered an internship in order to begin my training part time until graduation. Assuming a proper fit and success for both parties (myself and the company) I will be offered a full-time position upon graduation.

Interview Question – How would you handle somebody who is uneducated telling you that you don't have any idea what you are talking about and refuse to complete your directions?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked in the first on-site interview point blank what salary I was looking for. Prior to the interview, I researched industry standards and company ranges, and considered my own financial situation. I cited the salary that I needed and was told that it was within their range.

Advice - First, try to show the employer that you are not primarily interested in the salary, but future growth opportunity within the company. In preliminary interviews, it may be best to say a that you need to cover your own expenses, but this is not your primary focus. This WILL occasionally fail as some employers/interviewers want a number to ensure nobodies time is being wasted. If this occurs, have a range in mind ahead of time. Depending on how high or low the average salary is, and your level of relevant experience, it is usually best to keep the range small as to show you are willing to negotiate within a certain level, but showing confidence in your ability to perform the job at a certain wage.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview Details – First apply online, Next there is a screening call to give you more information about the position. If you get past that you have another phone interview. Then a one on one in person interview at one of the facilities. After that you might have another in person or phone interview. It is a lengthy process.

Interview Question – How do you feel about customer service?   Answer Question

Fleet Manager Interview

Fleet Manager
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in February 2014.

Interview Details – Went to the career fair at my college and submitted my resume. I was called for a telephone interview within 1 week. I have advanced on to the inperson interview and am waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Am I willing to relocate?   Answer Question

CDP Investigator Interview

Lowell, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through their website. Received a phone call not too long after. Scheduled an interview for later that week. Met with and HR representative for first interview. After passing that interview, scheduled and met with my supervisor for a 2nd interview. Standard interview questions. "How do you handle stress?" "Give an example when..." They let you know upfront about what all the job entails.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Pretty standard.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
Benton Harbor, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview Details – Normal resume process and normal interview process with AM and regional OM. Standard questions about job and career outlook. Also, why do I think I am qualified to perform in this position.

Accounts Payable Office Assistant Interview

Lowell, AR

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in November 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter I had was fantastic. She is no longer with the company, sadly for them. She really knew what job she was recruiting for and actually tried to talk me into waiting for a different position but I didn't listen. Her questions were well thought out for the position, but because she also knew I wanted to move forward with my career she asked a bit more advanced questions as well. The next interview was with the hiring manager. Usually you will actually have a panel interview, just keep that in mind. I have heard of people having 5+ people in there all at once interviewing them.

Interview Question – They were all pretty typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are not really ones to negotiate on an initial offer. It's typically you get into a position and then when you move forward to other positions later you may be able to negotiate a bit.

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in February 2014.

Interview Details – (Ex-Military guy looking for a position as a Operations Manager Trainee)

I went to three interviews. The first was with two Operations Managers from the Dallas area. The second was with a Regional Manager and the third meeting was with a DCS Account manager.

The first round of guys asked the same old questions, "why would you be good at this job" "why wouldn't you be good at this position" "what are two of your weaknesses" those kind of things.

The second round was more of the same with a Regional Manager he was very quiet and waited for me to talk myself out of a job... I felt like I bombed that interview but I was surprised to get a call a few hours later telling me to interview with another local Operations Manager at a DCS account site.

The DCS Operations Manager asked the same things as the others except he asked about my Microsoft Excel skills and ability to multitask if needed. I was given an offer of employment a week later for an Operations Manager position at that site, not the trainee position.

Background and hair follicle drug test within 48 hours of signed offer (0.5-1.5 inches of hair needed in my area), 50K starting salary, quarterly bonus potential (probably 1-2K max per quarter) 2 weeks of vacation and two personal days after a year of being there, half of 401K match up to 6% after a year of being there, medical insurance effective after 90 days on the job... Pretty crappy benefits package if you ask me but hey it's a job right?

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate due to the fact that they offered me the DCS Account Manager position instead of making me train for 6-12 months.

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.B. Hunt

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.B. Hunt interview questions and advice. All 72 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.B. Hunt employees and interview candidates.