J.B. Hunt Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in March 2014.

First, I had a phone interview with an HR representative. At the end of the call, I was offered an on-site interview with an account manager and accepted. On-site interview went very well but at the time I was still 5+ months away from graduation and was instructed to follow up closer to graduation if I was still interested.

I followed up 3 months later, and was offered a second on-site interview with the regional manager and an account manager. During the interview, they stated that they were looking for somebody to start within 2 weeks, but I was unavailable for full-time for about 6 weeks due to graduation.

I suggested a part-time role within the company to get into the door, and it was stated that this had never been done for this position. About one week later, I was offered to "shadow" the position to ensure a proper fit. I accepted, and enjoyed it thoroughly. A week after that, I was offered an internship in order to begin my training part time until graduation. Assuming a proper fit and success for both parties (myself and the company) I will be offered a full-time position upon graduation.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle somebody who is uneducated telling you that you don't have any idea what you are talking about and refuse to complete your directions?   Answer Question
    I was asked in the first on-site interview point blank what salary I was looking for. Prior to the interview, I researched industry standards and company ranges, and considered my own financial situation. I cited the salary that I needed and was told that it was within their range.

Advice - First, try to show the employer that you are not primarily interested in the salary, but future growth opportunity within the company. In preliminary interviews, it may be best to say a that you need to cover your own expenses, but this is not your primary focus. This WILL occasionally fail as some employers/interviewers want a number to ensure nobodies time is being wasted. If this occurs, have a range in mind ahead of time. Depending on how high or low the average salary is, and your level of relevant experience, it is usually best to keep the range small as to show you are willing to negotiate within a certain level, but showing confidence in your ability to perform the job at a certain wage.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

First apply online, Next there is a screening call to give you more information about the position. If you get past that you have another phone interview. Then a one on one in person interview at one of the facilities. After that you might have another in person or phone interview. It is a lengthy process.

Fleet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in February 2014.

Went to the career fair at my college and submitted my resume. I was called for a telephone interview within 1 week. I have advanced on to the inperson interview and am waiting to hear back.

CDP Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lowell, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in February 2012.

Applied through their website. Received a phone call not too long after. Scheduled an interview for later that week. Met with and HR representative for first interview. After passing that interview, scheduled and met with my supervisor for a 2nd interview. Standard interview questions. "How do you handle stress?" "Give an example when..." They let you know upfront about what all the job entails.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Benton Harbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benton Harbor, MI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Normal resume process and normal interview process with AM and regional OM. Standard questions about job and career outlook. Also, why do I think I am qualified to perform in this position.

Accounts Payable Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lowell, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in November 2010.

The recruiter I had was fantastic. She is no longer with the company, sadly for them. She really knew what job she was recruiting for and actually tried to talk me into waiting for a different position but I didn't listen. Her questions were well thought out for the position, but because she also knew I wanted to move forward with my career she asked a bit more advanced questions as well. The next interview was with the hiring manager. Usually you will actually have a panel interview, just keep that in mind. I have heard of people having 5+ people in there all at once interviewing them.

Interview Questions
    They are not really ones to negotiate on an initial offer. It's typically you get into a position and then when you move forward to other positions later you may be able to negotiate a bit.

Operations Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in February 2014.

(Ex-Military guy looking for a position as a Operations Manager Trainee)

I went to three interviews. The first was with two Operations Managers from the Dallas area. The second was with a Regional Manager and the third meeting was with a DCS Account manager.

The first round of guys asked the same old questions, "why would you be good at this job" "why wouldn't you be good at this position" "what are two of your weaknesses" those kind of things.

The second round was more of the same with a Regional Manager he was very quiet and waited for me to talk myself out of a job... I felt like I bombed that interview but I was surprised to get a call a few hours later telling me to interview with another local Operations Manager at a DCS account site.

The DCS Operations Manager asked the same things as the others except he asked about my Microsoft Excel skills and ability to multitask if needed. I was given an offer of employment a week later for an Operations Manager position at that site, not the trainee position.

Background and hair follicle drug test within 48 hours of signed offer (0.5-1.5 inches of hair needed in my area), 50K starting salary, quarterly bonus potential (probably 1-2K max per quarter) 2 weeks of vacation and two personal days after a year of being there, half of 401K match up to 6% after a year of being there, medical insurance effective after 90 days on the job... Pretty crappy benefits package if you ask me but hey it's a job right?

Did not negotiate due to the fact that they offered me the DCS Account Manager position instead of making me train for 6-12 months.

OFFICE SPECIALIST Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Just submit a resume, a call the next day and then you are sent an application via email. Phone interview and then an in person interview. Receive job offer via email and then instructions for drug test. Take drug test , a week later is orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Did not have any difficult questions pretty straight forward interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Forest Park, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Forest Park, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Long orientation, very serious about safety.

None

DMiT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arizona State University, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arizona State University, AZ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in March 2013.

I was walking around a college career fair and I was asked to look at the J. B. Hunt booth. The recruiters were very nice and informative and offered an interview for the following day.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation of compensation, there was an offer letter that you either accept or decline. I did, however, negotiate a relocation package