J.B. Hunt

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.6

Carrier Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.B. Hunt.

If your resume is appealing, you will receive an e-mail fairly quickly from HR wanting to set up a phone interview. If you do well on the phone interview, an in-person interview will follow. The in-person interview was a panel of 5 hiring managers from different departments. They each had several expected questions, and all had one or more difficult questions.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.B. Hunt.

If your resume gets you to the door, let your personality do the rest. A lot of specific examples are requested.

No real wiggle room for negotiation.

Programmer Interview

was pretty simple interview about basics of computer science

Carrier Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Applied online, had a brief phone interview and was asked to come in for a face to face with a couple of the managers. The campus is extremely laid back and you will stand out during the interview process. All the employees and managers were very welcoming. After the interview I sat in with one of the reps and had the opportunity to shadow and see exactly what the job would require. I didn't receive and offer due to a more qualified candidate.

Fleet Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.B. Hunt.

The interview process was fairly easy and nothing asked was unexpected if you prepared. First you will go through a brief phone interview then if you make it to the next phase, you will be meeting with regional managers at their office location. I first interviewed for the DMIT position, didn't get the offer because someone was a little more qualified, but was invited to interview for the Fleet MIT position because I did well during the DMIT interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a driver who doesn't feel he should listen to you because you're new and younger?   Answer Question
    There really isn't a negotiation phase, I was offered more than expected so I didn't even bother to negotiate.

Fleet Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.B. Hunt in April 2014.

Went to a recruitment fair and talked to a regional recruitment manager. Received a request for a phone interview a two weeks later. Two weeks after that, I conducted a panel interview with two managers at their Chicago office.

Questions were easy and more focused toward personality fit and understanding of the demands of the position. Lots of “how do you manage people?” questions. I received a call 3 days after the interview with a tentative offer and received a formal offer 3 days later.

Pay is low - $48,000 with a 10% bonus if the company hits its marks. The work environment is also transportation focused. Expect night shifts, work on some holidays and 10 to 12 hour days. However, there seems to be a lot of growth and the company culture is very centered on employees starting at the bottom and rapid internal promotion if you're willing to put in the time.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a driver who refuses to work, keeping in mind the trucking industry has a very high turnover rate with a lot of opportunities for drivers at other organizations?   Answer Question

Low pay with long hours with poor benefits.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.B. Hunt.

First apply online, Next there is a screening call to give you more information about the position. If you get past that you have another phone interview. Then a one on one in person interview at one of the facilities. After that you might have another in person or phone interview. It is a lengthy process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benton Harbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benton Harbor, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Normal resume process and normal interview process with AM and regional OM. Standard questions about job and career outlook. Also, why do I think I am qualified to perform in this position.

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.B. Hunt in March 2014.

First, I had a phone interview with an HR representative. At the end of the call, I was offered an on-site interview with an account manager and accepted. On-site interview went very well but at the time I was still 5+ months away from graduation and was instructed to follow up closer to graduation if I was still interested.

I followed up 3 months later, and was offered a second on-site interview with the regional manager and an account manager. During the interview, they stated that they were looking for somebody to start within 2 weeks, but I was unavailable for full-time for about 6 weeks due to graduation.

I suggested a part-time role within the company to get into the door, and it was stated that this had never been done for this position. About one week later, I was offered to "shadow" the position to ensure a proper fit. I accepted, and enjoyed it thoroughly. A week after that, I was offered an internship in order to begin my training part time until graduation. Assuming a proper fit and success for both parties (myself and the company) I will be offered a full-time position upon graduation.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle somebody who is uneducated telling you that you don't have any idea what you are talking about and refuse to complete your directions?   Answer Question
    I was asked in the first on-site interview point blank what salary I was looking for. Prior to the interview, I researched industry standards and company ranges, and considered my own financial situation. I cited the salary that I needed and was told that it was within their range.

Advice - First, try to show the employer that you are not primarily interested in the salary, but future growth opportunity within the company. In preliminary interviews, it may be best to say a that you need to cover your own expenses, but this is not your primary focus. This WILL occasionally fail as some employers/interviewers want a number to ensure nobodies time is being wasted. If this occurs, have a range in mind ahead of time. Depending on how high or low the average salary is, and your level of relevant experience, it is usually best to keep the range small as to show you are willing to negotiate within a certain level, but showing confidence in your ability to perform the job at a certain wage.

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.B. Hunt in March 2014.

As stated in previous reviews, it's pretty much the same. HR from Lowell, AR contacts you and sets up a telephone interview, they're essentially the gatekeeper in the process. If they like what you have to say they pass you on to a hiring manager in the next 7-10 days for a physical interview. Interview with a hiring/regional manager and then it's up to you...Total time spent was about 3 weeks until I accepted an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, my interviewer was a seasoned regional manager and interviewer so it was fun, interesting and a rewarding experience.   Answer Question
    Very simple and direct; salary = "X" take it or not...