J.B. Hunt

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Operations Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in June 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out the application, got a phone call, did the phone interview and then met with the regional Operations Manager. After that interview went to the account where the manager stared at his computer the whole time while not really saying too much. Sat with another Operations Supervisor and had him show me what systems they used and then left.

Interview Question – Are you willing to re-locate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate a little higher and was told no. I later found out they had more than one qualified candidate for the position so to take the job I had no room to negotiate.

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in August 2013.

Interview Details – Typical process of most interviews. I applied online, had a call from someone in HR the following week or so, following that, I went to an in person interview. The interview was honestly one of the best or most comfortable I have had so far. The two men who interviewed me were honest with the expectations and hard work it would require to work there.

Interview Question – Some behavioral based, a lot of just talking about your experience in logistics or operations management.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – For being forced to move, the salary they offered was just not competitive enough.

Operations Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in March 2014.

Interview Details – As stated in previous reviews, it's pretty much the same. HR from Lowell, AR contacts you and sets up a telephone interview, they're essentially the gatekeeper in the process. If they like what you have to say they pass you on to a hiring manager in the next 7-10 days for a physical interview. Interview with a hiring/regional manager and then it's up to you...Total time spent was about 3 weeks until I accepted an offer.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, my interviewer was a seasoned regional manager and interviewer so it was fun, interesting and a rewarding experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple and direct; salary = "X" take it or not...

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operations Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview Details – First apply online, Next there is a screening call to give you more information about the position. If you get past that you have another phone interview. Then a one on one in person interview at one of the facilities. After that you might have another in person or phone interview. It is a lengthy process.

Interview Question – How do you feel about customer service?   Answer Question

Benton Harbor, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interview Details – Normal resume process and normal interview process with AM and regional OM. Standard questions about job and career outlook. Also, why do I think I am qualified to perform in this position.

Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was rather low key, they needed someone to fill the job fast. It was mostly conversation based. If your a hard worker and can commincate youll be fine.

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate, I should have. I feel I could of got much more money.

Interviewed at J.B. Hunt

Interview Details – 3 interviews with last interview with a panel of managers

Interviewed at J.B. Hunt

Interview Details – Applied for the job online. Received a phone call asking me to set up a phone interview. Did about a 30 minute phone interview that went well. Received a phone call a week later to conduct an in person interview. Once that interview was complete, I was called a few days later for another interview

Interview Question – What do you think defines a manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Operations Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in March 2010.

Interview Details – First interview is a phone screening with Corporate HR. If you pass, they will usually tell you immediately that they are going to talk to the hiring manager and recommend you. If you aren't necessarily up to par, they will say something to the tune of "we'll get back to you."

Each hiring manager is different. Some will do an in-person interview and, if you are the best, make an offer within the next week. Others may do another phone interview, followed by an in-person interview, and then an offer if you pass all stages.

For you folks out there who dabble in drugs/alcoholism, this is not the company for you. You are managing truck drivers who must adhere to strict D.O.T. regulations. Any hypocrisy will irreversibly damage your ability to manage the fleet as they will lose respect for you. Also, J.B. Hunt will require passing a hair drug test as a contingency of the offer.

Interview Question – You have a driver you need to counsel who comes in and says "I have kids older than you, you've never driven a truck before, and I've been driving for 20+ years. Why should I listen to you?" How do you handle this?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The manager training program has a set salary. There are a few small areas where there is a cost-of-living adjustment but, again, your salary is not negotiable.

Albany, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in September 2010.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Interview. In-person interview with Account Manager.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a disgruntled work force?   Answer Question

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!