J. C. Penney

2.0

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in August 2014.

The first step was an HR phone interview. The second step was a phone interview with 4 Managers, 2 half an hour interviews. The third step was an office interview with 4 Directors, 2 half an hour interviews and a group case study.

Interview Questions
  • How did you prepare for this interview?
    What is your salary expectation for this job?
    Tell me about a time when you had to plan and coordinate a project from start to finish?

Answer Question
if you are offered this role I would suggest to take it

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2013.

It took me one interview after having my application in for about a week. The interview was with the store manager and lasted about a half hour.

Interview Questions
    • I experienced no questions that were out of the ordinary, aside from asking about future plans. Which obviously would be relative from person to person.   Answer Question
    Very simple, although truthfully I just took what they gave me.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in January 2013.

I was interviewed and hired for a job that I did NOT apply for!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really discussed in the interview! We talked as if we were friends forever!   Answer Question
    Easy!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeRidder, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeRidder, LA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Applied online in the store, the interview was the next day and I started the following Monday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in August 2012.

I understand I got lucky, but this is how it went down for me. I went in to meet the manager and to ask if there were any openings, before I left the store manager had me fill out an application on their computer. I received a phone call before I got home. **Make sure when you have any contact with a manager to have a nice happy smile**. I came in maybe 2 days later for the interview. It was the typical questions that you would expect to hear from a hiring manager. He asked about experiences related to team work and leadership.

Interview Questions
    It was my first job, so I took what he offered me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hartford, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hartford, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2011.

Went in to the store to interview with the HR person. Asked me a quick rundown on work history and told me what to expect at the store. She called in the department manager and he asked me the same questions. They told me on the spot I was hired and set up a schedule for three days of training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney in February 2011.

is a great place to work for 2 income households not if your paying bills alone or if your signigifcant others job pay little as well

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

very easy, asks the general interview questions, cashiering experience, availability, those types of thing, then if they like you youre immediately sent to a higher up manager for a second interview