J. C. Penney Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

1.7

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager called me in for a quick 15 minute interview shortly after putting in my resume and application in the database. The interview was super quick, and frankly, I felt like they were rushing to fill the job. My main issue with the interview was when the manager basically asked me to come into orientation the next day. I had not told him that I had accepted the job offer, and I felt pressured to take the offer, even when I was waiting for other job offers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lansing, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come in for a group interview less than a week after applying online. There was only three of us that were there. The interviewer asked us all to introduce ourselves and talk a little bit about us. After that, she asked us a series of questions about customer service. Following this segment, she described the position that we were applying for and what would be required of us. Lastly she opened the group to any questions we might have. The whole interview lasted about an hour and was pretty relaxed. I feel like we all did very well!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Springfield, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

We played a game called Jenga and was asked why would we want to work there and I was the only black person and they basically looked at me like I was an alien... it was a terrible experience and I thank God I didn't get the job. yes I would apply again... in a different state but not here in Springfield it's a small town and they only hire young people or people they know. ..just being honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Springfield, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was relaxed and the interviewers were really nice. I got there early but the guy was running late so I had to wait a bit but it wasn't too bad. I had to talk to two managers and after the second one he made me an offer on the spot but didn't really give me a chance to think about it. He just said I'm making you an offer, then said well call you and schedule orientation for next week. Overall really good and simple

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Merrillville, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview a week later. It was a group interview, we played a block game and after that she told me and one other person to stay and talk to the HR. I think it went well it was only ten minutes just asked a few questions, now I'm just waiting to see if I got the job. It's been two days since.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Columbus, OH).

Interview

very quick ,not many questions, interview seemed rushed and not very engaging. interviewer was manager, seemed like he was going through the motions and not listening. perhaps could be because the job was short-term, but turned into long term employment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Applied about 10 times a day to finally get a call for an interview in October 2014. The person who scheduled the interview was in such a rush to get off the phone I couldn't ask proper questions. She never told me exactly WHERE the interview was being held. On the day of the interview I went into the store to be told their Human Resource office was on the side of the building and also that their were no managers in the store what so ever. The side of the mall building is painted to look like the rest of the wall who on earth would know that? By this time I'm already late and wanted to be professional and reschedule rather than be late. I called the office from the time I left the property until about 5 pm that evening. There was no one in the office all day. When I finally reached through to someone she was extremely rude and howled at me like she was my mother. I politely asked to reschedule and she lied and said she didn't know when there was another session. That did it for me and the company. Worst experience with this place ever

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The process was relatively easy. I applied online through their site. Nothing out of the ordinary with what you would have to fill out for a normal retail job. It focused mostly on how to treat the customer. I had one interview with the store manager. They were very helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider the most important part of customer service?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

I saw the "hiring" sign outside the store. I walked in, applied on a kiosk, was interviewed, and hired within one hour. I was scheduled to work the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Minimum wage, period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney (North Sacramento, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

group interview, basic, just have to be outspoken. don't shy away from an opportunity to speak you want to stand out from the group set yourself apart you want to make sure that they know that you are an outgoing person and very approachable this is extremely important because you will have to interact with the customers.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation when you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question