J. C. Penney Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

1.8

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted on 4 other people besides myself and one interviewer. MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON TIME. One person tried coming in 5 minutes late and the interviewer told them to leave. Besides that, the interviewer was very nice and everyone who was applying was very nice and outspoken. I was the youngest one in the group (18) and i was surprised because it seems like an out of high school job. The interviewer asked very easy questions to which required about a minute of talking each. After the group interview, we each went back and had one on one conversations letting you know if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Springfield, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

What a joke this was....nobody was over 20 in our group of ten people but me. Opening question was tell us what evil villain you would be and why?? Got the impression the girl hiring manager that that could not be over 28 was not,no way let someone older or with college obtained get a foot in the door. Said she would be honest with us then refused to tell us anything about pay, played a stupid and I mean stupid block test. What I got out of this?? Was her and the manager over the entire women's department loved tattoos ( he was covered in them) and they said if you have body piecing or tats you have to own them... they were not looking for any higher intelligence besides that it was a click I think with us being told we would only work 30 days on trail. This meant 30 days to make it easier on the click for back to school and I guess they thought it was good work experience if you was 18. I had help from the inside getting this interview but she was the only one gonna be able to go to the bar let's put it like that.

Interview Questions

• Do you have anyone you know work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lansing, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come in for a group interview less than a week after applying online. There was only three of us that were there. The interviewer asked us all to introduce ourselves and talk a little bit about us. After that, she asked us a series of questions about customer service. Following this segment, she described the position that we were applying for and what would be required of us. Lastly she opened the group to any questions we might have. The whole interview lasted about an hour and was pretty relaxed. I feel like we all did very well!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Springfield, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

We played a game called Jenga and was asked why would we want to work there and I was the only black person and they basically looked at me like I was an alien... it was a terrible experience and I thank God I didn't get the job. yes I would apply again... in a different state but not here in Springfield it's a small town and they only hire young people or people they know. ..just being honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Springfield, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was relaxed and the interviewers were really nice. I got there early but the guy was running late so I had to wait a bit but it wasn't too bad. I had to talk to two managers and after the second one he made me an offer on the spot but didn't really give me a chance to think about it. He just said I'm making you an offer, then said well call you and schedule orientation for next week. Overall really good and simple

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager called me in for a quick 15 minute interview shortly after putting in my resume and application in the database. The interview was super quick, and frankly, I felt like they were rushing to fill the job. My main issue with the interview was when the manager basically asked me to come into orientation the next day. I had not told him that I had accepted the job offer, and I felt pressured to take the offer, even when I was waiting for other job offers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

It was behavioral interview..testing to see how well we can work in a team. It was a group exercise. We assembled puzzles and building blocks according to a photo shown to us for 10 seconds and we had to work as a team to duplicate the photo.

Interview Questions

• how do you resolve conflict with a coworker?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/a

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney (Merrillville, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview a week later. It was a group interview, we played a block game and after that she told me and one other person to stay and talk to the HR. I think it went well it was only ten minutes just asked a few questions, now I'm just waiting to see if I got the job. It's been two days since.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J. C. Penney (Columbus, OH).

Interview

very quick ,not many questions, interview seemed rushed and not very engaging. interviewer was manager, seemed like he was going through the motions and not listening. perhaps could be because the job was short-term, but turned into long term employment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Applied about 10 times a day to finally get a call for an interview in October 2014. The person who scheduled the interview was in such a rush to get off the phone I couldn't ask proper questions. She never told me exactly WHERE the interview was being held. On the day of the interview I went into the store to be told their Human Resource office was on the side of the building and also that their were no managers in the store what so ever. The side of the mall building is painted to look like the rest of the wall who on earth would know that? By this time I'm already late and wanted to be professional and reschedule rather than be late. I called the office from the time I left the property until about 5 pm that evening. There was no one in the office all day. When I finally reached through to someone she was extremely rude and howled at me like she was my mother. I politely asked to reschedule and she lied and said she didn't know when there was another session. That did it for me and the company. Worst experience with this place ever