J. C. Penney

1.7

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

My interview was quite enjoyable. The manager asked me about my previous experience, what I hoped to get out of the job, etc. It was fun to talk about wanting to help customers. It was also good to know some of the basic values of the company before the interview. Afterwards, I was hired on and given a date to start my training!

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carolina, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carolina, PR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. C. Penney.

After filling out the online application I was called in for an interview. You're called in with several people and go in one by one--into the employee services area--to be interviewed. I recommend a smile and good eye-contact as well as paced answering (don't rush something out!). If they liked you, they'll call you again and tell you you've been accepted. They'll give you at least a week or two weeks to gather all your paperwork (bring originals AND copies, just in case! They're very important).

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at J. C. Penney in May 2013.

I applied online and was called for an interview a week later. I had my interview today walked out with the job after 15 minutes. It was like chatting with an old friend.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. I was satisfied with what was offered.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in April 2013.

Very quick and formative direct or temp to hire available.

informative

Customer Service Associate Interview

Simple. APPLY and they will call you for an interview and probably hire you on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2012.

I applied online on the JCP website within about a week I had a manager contact me to do a phone interview and when the phone interview was over she invited me to come in the next day for a face to face interview I got to the interview about twenty minutes early as I wasn't exactly sure where I was suppose to go I had an interview with the lady I did my phone interview with then she had another lady come in and ask me a few questions both ladies were extremely nice and made me feel very comfortable the questions were easy and mostly about customer service and was asked to describe myself, why I wanted to work at JCP and why they should hire me the main manager then explained to me that they were doing a lot of interviews that day and then have a meeting to make there decisions that evening and that she would contact me that evening either way I received a phone call from her a couple hours later offering me the position for a customer service associate and offered me $9.00/hr and that as soon as she got my background check back she would call me to set up my training she made sure i knew this is only a seasonal position and that there were no promises that I would get hired on as a permanent employee but if I did a really good job it was a possibility I was very excited considering two weeks before this interview I had an interview with Macy's and was not offered a position but that if I was I would be started off at minimum wage also I didn't get a very good vibe from the lady I had the interview with she actually seemed pretty snobby I'm very excited to hear back from her and start training I have always worked in retail but this will be my first department store job

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2012.

I was called for an interview professionally and attended, I did find one thing that was unprofessional about the interview. My interviewer asked my age, which I was told is illegal to ask during interview. But all in all I did receive a job offer and I took it.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2012.

Got an interview the day after applying online. Interview was short and laid back. Not many difficult questions if you've worked in retail before. Hired on the spot and was trained along with 5 other people.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was hard to answer and the manager hired everyone they interviewed.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2011.

I was hired during the holiday season. I highly suggest you apply during this time.. they take just about anyone, no experience required. I was called in for an interview immediately after I applied. I went in and to my surprise the lobby was filled with interviewees. Needless to say, this was a group interview. Store manager gave us a run-down of the store and asked a few questions here and there about what customer service meant etc. After this they called us one by one to discuss availability and take a copy of our ID and social security card. Waited about 2 weeks for a call back to start my training which was also in groups.

no salary negotiation

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. C. Penney in September 2011.

one on one with a manager then a group interview once u get to the group interview your hired its basically orientation here u bring your id n social security

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult just basics name a time when this happen do u have experience   View Answer
    they just want to see you talk and be social